Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    First week of beta invites were sent around 730pm ET (about 1.5 hours from now). There’s still hope!
    yeah for sure there is always hope, hoping that Rukhmar drops this darn mount this try im on now ha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Didn't they say that people that plays this game for long time has an higher chance to get it over those who only play for a couple of months/years?
    Yes, but they won’t exclude if you’re just playing Classic.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    If you get an invite where will it tell you?
    Launcher.

Same tab where you switch between live/classic/PTR

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by chiosu View Post
    First week of beta invites were sent around 730pm ET (about 1.5 hours from now). There’s still hope!
    I agree with there is always hope. What Im saying the hype for this expansion isnt at all like prior ones people always sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    I agree with there is always hope. What Im saying the hype for this expansion isnt at all like prior ones people always sharing.
    Where are you getting that from? While certainly a lot of people are displeased with covenants and maybe other stuff, that has always been a thing. In fact no expansion has received this much positive feedback before launch And you can see the hype everywhere. Maybe YOU aren't hyped and that leads to the snowball effect of only seeing the negative (or not seeing at all) stuff?

OT: *Begins casting Pray for Beta*

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Where are you getting that from? While certainly a lot of people are displeased with covenants and maybe other stuff, that has always been a thing. In fact no expansion has received this much positive feedback before launch And you can see the hype everywhere. Maybe YOU aren't hyped and that leads to the snowball effect of only seeing the negative (or not seeing at all) stuff?

Thats your opinion and I have mine so we will leave it at that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Odd how we haven't gotten a wave yet. Maybe tomorrow before raid testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    the thing is we maybe have and noone here has got an invite :s

Most of what you said here is very questionable but the bold is just straight up untrue and really bizarre. No sure where you'd get that notion from. Pretty much all expansions have been very well received in Beta. Only complaints I can recall were Azerite in BfA and "Kung fu panda lol" in MoP. Other than that, pretty much all betas have been extremely well received (regardless of how final product ended up being) and Shadowlands is probably a bit on the low side there.

It's understandable that Shadowlands would be causing as (comparatively) little buzz as it is given the age of the game and it doesn't necessarily speak to its quality, I mean, I am excited. But overall, Shadowlands sure seems to be generating a lot less hype than its predecessors. (which, again, makes sense. Game's 16 years old)

I'll bed, y'all wake me up when the beta wave happens!

Are we sure they haven't gone out yet?

Still mid-afternoon in Cali, there's still time.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Well I can't see anyone else's hype because of my own, so I only know that I am very hyped

I think Shadowlands got a good portion of hype so far overall it seems. There seems to be focus on Covenant and their abilities mostly, so the negativity is pretty much centered around that. Other stuff like the leveling changes, Torghast, Legendary armor and the actual Covenants, bar the abilities got mostly good reception afaik. Maybe it's my own hype talking.

They work until 5:00PM PST, I would assume no reason to panic about no invite until then haha

Are we sure they haven't gone out yet?
    It's impossible to know definitely, but typically someone breaks the news when it happens, either here or on reddit.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Thats your opinion and I have mine so we will leave it at that.
    It's not an opinion?

Here is an opinion: I like what I am seeing from Shadowlands. I am excited for it.
    Here is a fact: Whether I am excited or not, I am seeing the exact same haters and hypers on the forums and youtube as for every other expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Most of what you said here is very questionable but the bold is just straight up untrue and really bizarre. No sure where you'd get that notion from. Pretty much all expansions have been very well received in Beta. Only complaints I can recall were Azerite in BfA and "Kung fu panda lol" in MoP. Other than that, pretty much all betas have been extremely well received (regardless of how final product ended up being) and Shadowlands is probably a bit on the low side there.

It's understandable that Shadowlands would be causing as (comparatively) little buzz as it is given the age of the game and it doesn't necessarily speak to its quality, I mean, I am excited. But overall, Shadowlands sure seems to be generating a lot less hype than its predecessors. (which, again, makes sense. Game's 16 years old)

I'll bed, y'all wake me up when the beta wave happens!
    Talk about questionable rofl. Mate, no WoW expansion has been well-received. Not by this bunch of haters anyway. The people who positively receive WoW expansions, do so in-game without even stepping foot in these rotten forums. I've been browsing these forums for 12 years and they have ALWAYS been extremely toxic. You can't look at these forums and tell me "people are generally excited". In some very rare threads like this one, people who actually are excited gather. If you browse only such threads, then naturally you would be deceived - it is understandable.

Talk about questionable rofl. Mate, no WoW expansion has been well-received. Not by this bunch of haters anyway. The people who positively receive WoW expansions, do so in-game without even stepping foot in these rotten forums. I've been browsing these forums for 12 years and they have ALWAYS been extremely toxic. You can't look at these forums and tell me "people are generally excited". In some very rare threads like this one, people who actually are excited gather. If you browse only such threads, then naturally you would be deceived - it is understandable.
    I think you misread the post. I never said any WoW expansion has been well received. The statement you bolded says that pretty much all the betas have been well-received, regardless of the final product -- i.e. people loved the beta, even if the expansion itself ended up being terrible upon release. Even Warlords of Draenor had a very hyped beta with a ton of positive feedback.

You'd be surprised by the excitement people posted in regards to even expansions neither of us would've liked -- on this forum included.
    Last edited by Rathwell; 2020-08-05 at 10:44 PM.

Well im gonna head to bed and hope they put a wave out overnight for here in UK! good luck everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dont think it's happening today. My bet is tomorrow before raid testing.

Dont think it's happening today. My bet is tomorrow before raid testing.
    The last wave went out an hour from now. So it's not over yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The last wave went out an hour from now. So it's not over yet.
    Last week's wave went out around 3pm eastern. The latest a wave has went out was 7pm eastern.