Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Oh shit! Just got beta right now
    Told you buddy. Enjoy!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Told you buddy. Enjoy!
    Yeah you right lol. Thanks man.

Oh shit! Just got beta right now. Like I didn't have beta access 2 mins ago when i closed it out. They are still going fellas.
    Still nothing....

Yeah you right lol. Thanks man.
    Congrats dude! Nothing here but holding out hope for soon.

Are you guys just closing out and then opening again to see that you have it? Or are you actually logging out, then closing, then opening and logging in again?

Nothing here

Quote Originally Posted by boomr516 View Post
    Are you guys just closing out and then opening again to see that you have it? Or are you actually logging out, then closing, then opening and logging in again?
    Shouldn't have to log out, just close and open.

You can also check your account settings on BNet, it'll list the beta in your Accounts/Subscriptions page.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Guess I give up on it tonight - closed and reopened/updated 100 times. Looks like invites have been going for an hour and NADA!

TY Blizz! (and your welcome for all the previous beta/alpha I tested and gave feedback on)

Got an invite aswell, just a few minutes ago.

EU
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Oh shit! Just got beta right now. Like I didn't have beta access 2 mins ago when i closed it out. They are still going fellas.
    good stuff congrats glad another steelers fan got in going ti watch the pens game now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sixxkill View Post
    Guess I give up on it tonight - closed and reopened/updated 100 times. Looks like invites have been going for an hour and NADA!

TY Blizz! (and your welcome for all the previous beta/alpha I tested and gave feedback on)
    You have to remember you're competing with around 5 million people for beta access assuming they all signed up. Maybe only 10,000 people are invited to beta or less. That's like 0.2 percent of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I think you misread the post. I never said any WoW expansion has been well received. The statement you bolded says that pretty much all the betas have been well-received, regardless of the final product -- i.e. people loved the beta, even if the expansion itself ended up being terrible upon release. Even Warlords of Draenor had a very hyped beta with a ton of positive feedback.

You'd be surprised by the excitement people posted in regards to even expansions neither of us would've liked -- on this forum included.
    Can you point out another expansion/expansion feature which had youtubers (and players too ofc, from the people who have TRIED IT) outright say "I've never had this much fun in WoW/in a game before" though?

As to hype towards the beta itself, you can clearly see in this thread that people are very much hyped for it. I log into WoW and I see people praying for beta invite too. People talking about Shadowlands non-stop in trade chat. That is what you call hype. And yes, in that sense it isn't much different from previous years and expansions. But certainly it is not worse than previous expansions.

As for WoD and BFA, there were lots of people who were hating on both expansions before Beta, during Beta and after Beta. There were lots of people constructively criticizing Garrisons, Islands, Warfronts. And there are ofc people criticizing Torghast too now. But whereas the feedback for the former three was vastly negative even by the non-haters or if positive, it was based on undelivered features such as being able to change your garrison location, which did not happen. Ofc you would be hyped for that, but if include the undelivered features in our hype meters, that would be kind of unfair, because you can clearly see with Shadowlands, that the WoW team is specifically trying to tone-down the hype by not making any promises (which led to a very underwhelming BlizzCon presentation). Which might explain why to some people it seems like the hype is lower than previous expansions. Still, seeing people genuinly enjoying a new feature even in its early stages and spreading the hype about it everywhere, I cannot possibly deem this expansion to be underhyped. Just hype bazed on more realistic expectations :P It's not "OMG ARE THEY REALLY GONNA DO IT?" but "Yes, they really did it".

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I don't want surprise lol, I want to make sure the class I picked to level first is the class I want to play.

Surprise is like, SURPRISE YOUR CLASS IS BORING!
    The rotations for specs are basically completed pretty early on in leveling. They also have class trials.

But I get it.

Just got my invite into the beta. Just started downloading it.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

I am unsubbed and just got my beta invite today.

Semi-wow veteran, been playing on and off since 2014

Got my invite this morning. FWIW been playing since '06 although haven't played Retail since several months before Classic launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    I am unsubbed and just got my beta invite today.

Semi-wow veteran, been playing on and off since 2014
    Happy for you - although a little annoyed non-subs get it over people that have been subbed since day 1. But I get they also are trying to bring people back.

I got one this evening. Team Casual represented /thumbsup

I am subbed, I pre-ordered SL a week ago
    I just received my beta invite at 20:07 EST
    I am a complete nobody in this game, I'm not twitcher or part of any guild
    its the first time I received a beta invite a couple of month before the original game comes out, So I guess they are sending this to alot of people if I have one

I know I won't be invited so I just don't bother checking.