Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    60% slower rested consumption basicly means you have 60% more rested exp which is 90% of a level. From my time of playing consuming 150% takes 5-10 levels so this rested bonus is absolutely meaningless in the bigger picture unless you play your alt once a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    All these people moaning about EXP bonus not being useful so therefore heirlooms now useless; completely ignoring their other advantage: you have gear that automatically scales with your level, which is by far a much bigger advantage!
    i think people mostly just rly hate how booring these new effects are,they could have done something more interesting with them,but not only did they not do anything interesting,they also added effects that are completly useless

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They have never refunded things like mount training respec cost duel spec cost glyph cost ect, this won’t be any different and you’d have to be a fool to think any great number of players will leave the game because of it.
    We're talking about A LOT more gold than any of those things costed. Those things also weren't really investments that you had to update every single expansion. You're naive if you think this won't heavily impact the playerbase. The replacement buffs are an insult.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    We're talking about A LOT more gold than any of those things costed. Those things also weren't really investments that you had to update every single expansion. You're naive if you think this won't heavily impact the playerbase. The replacement buffs are an insult.
    Gold worth is relative to the economy of each expan and all Of these things you had to get on every character as they weren’t account wide, flying also was paid to upgrade every expan until wod so that’s a direct 1 to 1 comparison.

This won’t impact the player base at all just as none of those did people with grumble for a bit then forget about it when they release Levelling is much faster then it ever was with the looms having an xp boost.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, no. With the nerf to stats in BfA and now the trash abilities on the armor, I WON'T be using them. which is why I want a refund.
    you've still used them. probably extensively levelling alts.

Gold worth is relative to the economy of each expan and all Of these things you had to get on every character as they weren’t account wide, flying also was paid to upgrade every expan until wod so that’s a direct 1 to 1 comparison.

This won’t impact the player base at all just as none of those did people with grumble for a bit then forget about it when they release Levelling is much faster then it ever was with the looms having an xp boost.
    Once again, paying for flying or changing specs was a PITTANCE compared to the gold costs of upgrading heirlooms.

The fact that you are downplaying how serious this and how much people are upset about this decision just shows you are as disconnected with the playerbase as Blizzard is.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    they are fine. the only one I think is stupid is the second rested xp buff, that one should change. but the rest are good.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you've still used them. probably extensively levelling alts.
    Utterly irrelevant. I paid for an experience boost and that is being COMPLETELY removed. The heirlooms will now be unused in my collections. The fact that I used them in the past doesn't matter in the slightest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, paying for flying or changing specs was a PITTANCE compared to the gold costs of upgrading heirlooms.

The fact that you are downplaying how serious this and how much people are upset about this decision just shows you are as disconnected with the playerbase as Blizzard is.
    And again, Gold worth is relative to the economy of each expan and all Of these things you had to get on every character. If your just going “X is a bigger number then Y So it’s more of a problem” then you really just don’t know how any thing works.

I’m also perfectly in touch with the reality of the player base as this isn’t the first time people have grumbled about not getting refunds and it always ends the same people bitch and moan on forums or in trade but they don’t actually quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they are fine. the only one I think is stupid is the second rested xp buff, that one should change. but the rest are good.
    Lmfao the other bonuses are next to worthless. A small stat boost for a couple of minutes? Worthless. Out of combat regen? Worthless.Rested exp that only functions for maybe 2 levels and then doesn't recharge unless you log off for TEN FUCKING DAYS? Worthless.

The fact that you think these new buffs are good shows you either have never played the game before or just mindlessly support every decision Blizzard makes.

- - - Updated - - -

And again, Gold worth is relative to the economy of each expan and all Of these things you had to get on every character. If your just going “X is a bigger number then Y So it’s more of a problem” then you really just don’t know how any thing works.

I’m also perfectly in touch with the reality of the player base as this isn’t the first time people have grumbled about not getting refunds and it always ends the same people bitch and moan on forums or in trade but they don’t actually quit.
    Comparing the gold costs of heirlooms upgrades every single expansion to mount training is utterly asinine. Saying it's not a problem when upgrading each heirloom is 4-5 times more expensive than mount training shows YOU are the one that has no idea how things work.

There has never been something this egregious. this is literally five expansions worth of investment, with each expansion having a much higher gold cost to upgrade to the new max level. You can believe this won't make people quit but with BfA being an unmitigated disaster and Shadowlands not looking much better so far, this decision is going to drive people away. I'm certainly one of them. People quit in droves when LFR got changes and didn't come back until the changes were reverted. I can see far more people leaving after their gold investments are literally thrown in the trash.

7+ Year Old Account
    Comparing the gold costs of heirlooms upgrades every single expansion to mount training is utterly asinine. Saying it's not a problem when upgrading each heirloom is 4-5 times more expensive than mount training shows YOU are the one that has no idea how things work.

There has never been something this egregious. this is literally five expansions worth of investment, with each expansion having a much higher gold cost to upgrade to the new max level. You can believe this won't make people quit but with BfA being an unmitigated disaster and Shadowlands not looking much better so far, this decision is going to drive people away. I'm certainly one of them. People quit in droves when LFR got changes and didn't come back until the changes were reverted. I can see far more people leaving after their gold investments are literally thrown in the trash.
    Oh so you actually unironically think “X is a bigger number then Y So it’s more of a problem” and don’t get that gold hasn’t had the same value every expan, cool cool.

Well good luck leading the charge on refund unsubs I guess a one man charge is better then nothing right?

Oh so you actually unironically think “X is a bigger number then Y So it’s more of a problem” and don’t get that gold hasn’t had the same value every expan, cool cool.

Well good luck leading the charge on refund unsubs I guess a one man charge is better then nothing right?
    The fact that you think something isn't more of a problem when it's a larger number is actually kind of alarming. It's like the people who say "The flu kills more people a year than Covid-19 did but we don't worry about that so we shouldn't worry about covid-19". It's utter ignorance.

And acting like I'm the ONLY PERSON mad about this truly shows you ARE disconnected from the playerbase as a whole.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you think something isn't more of a problem when it's a larger number is actually kind of alarming. It's like the people who say "The flu kills more people a year than Covid-19 did but we don't worry about that so we shouldn't worry about covid-19". It's utter ignorance.

And acting like I'm the ONLY PERSON mad about this truly shows you ARE disconnected from the playerbase as a whole.
    Oh sweet summer child you should really look into how economics and inflation work it’s all as simple as X is bigger then Y.

Oh sweet summer child you should really look into how economics and inflation work it’s all as simple as X is bigger then Y.
    The fact that you are comparing real world economics to WoW gold is truly telling to how ignorant you really are. When it comes to things you buy from Blizzard, inflation really isn't a thing. They just create gold sinks because that's just what all MMOs do. It would be like giving the community a mount that upgrades with new things every expansion via gold but then decided one day they were going to remove the super useful aspects of the mount like flying and replaced it with worthless shit like giving you the option to change the mount's color.

But there's no point in me explaining this because it's quite clear you have an utter disconnect from the playerbase and pretty support Blizzard no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I actually think those are reasonable and am surprised they didnt completely break them by making them useless. 60% slower consumption of rested XP is dope
    Yeah it's pretty good if you make a character and park it for a week before actually leveling them. Outside of that if you want to level a character right away, you're missing out of half the set bonuses. I didn't spend 200k+ for Heirlooms because I was too lazy to change gear pieces and that's essentially what they are now. Just pieces you don't have to replace. Def not worth the gold spent.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Typically, the heirlooms aren't usable in the newest content for a long while, and their upgrades are implemented in a later X.1/X.2 patch. This is all assuming the upgrading mechanism stays the same, and there are level restraints. Unless one waits until the heirloom upgrades potentially come out, the rested xp set bonus won't likely apply to those leveling from 50 to 60.
    Yeah, you are right about that, didn't have that in mind. Now, I got many at 120 so some won't be leveled up by later. But since they now change it, maybe they make the new ones earlier this time? Heck, seeing they are not so good anymore, I might not even buy the new 50-60 ones.

All in all, its not a big deal. Seeing leveling is twice as fast as they say, leveling is going to be faster than now with xp bonuses. Maybe we should praise blizzard for that instead of criticising them for heirloom changes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I agree that they should combine the two Rested XP bonuses, but I doubt they would just put a flat XP bonus in there, as that defeats the point of removing it, even if they cap it at a certain level. More likely you would get something like movement speed or a damage increase (20%, 10%), or they double down on rested even more and make a bonus like, you earn rested xp 50% faster.

Edit: I got an idea that works similar to their Monk Xp buff replacement. They could make the first bonus be something like this "Completing a quest has a chance to grant you rested experience" That synergizes with rested XP lasting longer, and makes that bonuses work for characters that aren't staying logged off for long periods of time.
    Neh, its just my lack of imagination, so I went with an easy idea! Movement speed would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    The argument is more about at what point have you gotten your golds worth? When most people buy a product and use it frequently, and it breaks after a long period of time, they often express that they got their monies worth. Reading some of these comments, the indication would be that only infinite uses forever makes people feel like you got your monies worth. I would argue, there's a certain amount of alts at which point not only did you get your monies worth, but there's also a certain point where you've likely made your money back on the gold you gain by leveling alts faster (for those that level say 50 alts).
    That may be, but since the cost of the heirlooms ramps up with each expansion, the vast majority of the cost for anyone who has upgraded their heirlooms regularly is attached to a very recent period of time. The cost of upgrading 110 to 120 is worth nearly double the cost of upgrading 60 to 110, and it has only been available since mid-bfa. Furthermore, the actual functional use of those levels of heirloom was decidedly less than previous tiers since azerite armor was a thing, meaning that the majority of the reason many people will have bought those items is in preparation for the eventual upgrade of those items in the future. Similarly, the only reason people upgraded weapons past legion was to get to BfA weapons, and there is no way that that was worth it without the eventual upgrade past that point into the future, meaning that for weapons it's really two tiers of upgrade that aren't worth it with this information, rather than one.

I would be more than happy if they just refunded the BfA portion of heirlooms and accept the previous tiers as a fair sunk cost, but that is far more than half of the cost of heirlooms in totality thus far if you upgrade the majority of the heirlooms you use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Get over it dude. No one cares. Its just a game not your life savings.
    I care.

As I said; why would you even post this? What is the net gain to you personally that makes it worth your time to post this reply? I understand, you don't care. That's your prerogative. But I do care. If you don't care, don't reply; it makes no difference to you.

Actually, no. With the nerf to stats in BfA and now the trash abilities on the armor, I WON'T be using them. which is why I want a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. This move is purely just to push tokens. If the change was about encouraging leveling then they'd remove the paid boosts too.
    They reduce the time you use to level to half compared to now, and you say its to push tokens? They make it faster to level up, faster than with heirloom xp now, and its to push tokens?

The logic is?

With the revamped leveling experience, you can look forward to reaching the new max level more than twice as fast than before

Edit: More than twice as fast even.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-06 at 06:56 AM.

Jesus Christ, I was expecting people to complain about the removal of XP not demanding a refund, I have full max heirlooms and the thoughts of them giving me the gold back never once came to on my mind, I got my gold back by leveling XX alts BUT I do think current version needs to be changed if I remember correctly they add heirlooms to speed up the process of leveling for veterans, while I understand they cut the process of leveling in half and prob you can reach 50 in 5-15 hours for someone that plays over 10 years is still too much in my humble opinion, personally i would prefer to get something like a speed/traveling buff or just buff up the heirlooms to the point you fell the difference when you use them and you kinda want to go full set (weapons/rings included)

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They reduce the time you use to level to half compared to now, and you say its to push tokens? They make it faster to level up, faster than with heirloom xp now, and its to push tokens?

The logic is?

With the revamped leveling experience, you can look forward to reaching the new max level more than twice as fast than before

Edit: More than twice as fast even.
    As I said, if the change to heirlooms had anything to do with wanting people to take more time to level then they'd remove level boosts from the cash shop. People need to stop acting like this isn't a thinly veiled attempt to push the level boosts.