Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you’re right there will be doctors sounding the alarm soon enough.
    There already were people sounding the alarm and subsequently fired. It's been long known that Florida has been hiding their numbers both by withholding data and--in the case of Rebekah Jones--deleting information. I'm not even going to continue arguing a fact here.

It is what it is. Fuck Florida.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    There already were people sounding the alarm and subsequently fired. It's been long known that Florida has been hiding their numbers both by withholding data and--in the case of Rebekah Jones--deleting information. I'm not even going to continue arguing a fact here.

It is what it is. Fuck Florida.
    They might be able to hide numbers, but they can't hide deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    They might be able to hide numbers, but they can't hide deaths.
    Yeah, they can, by claiming them as death by pneumonia instead of COVID-19. There have been several thousand more "pneumonia" deaths this year in Florida than previous years.

Oh hey, @Thepersona, here's some more light reading to make your skin crawl.

Yeah, they can, by claiming them as death by pneumonia instead of COVID-19. There have been several thousand more "pneumonia" deaths this year in Florida than previous years.

Fuck this shit. I thought that my country was the banana republic with the handling of covid, but it seems that we're not the only ones.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account

Right...but the dead are still dead, and they can't hide the fact that they're dead. The virus will not go away even if they sweep away the numbers.

Right...but the dead are still dead, and they can't hide the fact that they're dead. The virus will not go away even if they sweep away the numbers.
    Oh no, of course not. But the thing is having numbers that are at least somewhat accurate help form policy and response to combat it. The only reason to hide the numbers is to make DeBastard and Trump look good--and as we've been seeing lately even that's not good enough anymore.

This is a country where a Senior Advisor to the President denies his grandmother died of COVID despite the rest of his family saying otherwise and literally producing a death certificate saying she died of COVID.

Moreover, he didn't say she died of pneumonia or anything related. He said she died PEACEFULLY IN HER SLEEP.

Excerpt:

Taylor Coombs, spokesperson for the Corinth School District, told CNN that six students and one staff member tested positive for the coronavirus. According to Coombs, 116 students that have been considered in "close contact" of a positive case have been sent home to quarantine for 14 days.

This was in Mississippi. Georgia is already quarantining students and others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This was in Mississippi. Georgia is already quarantining students and others as well.
    How does that contradict what I said? And I linked the Georgia case in my other post.
    EDIT: Sorry, I misread "Excerpt" as "Except". My apologies.

...I'm going to assume that was something along the lines of "this will be a slaughter".
    Google Translate suggests that's probably accurate. "This will be a butcher" was the literal translation it gave me, but "slaughter" feels more logical to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cited earlier how Trump's campaign had posts removed, because they shared dangerous misinformation.

I did not cite, however, that Trump's campaign Twitter account was actually banned for that video and remained banned until they deleted it.

This is looking like we'll see the perfect Trump Shitstorm:
    1) Inability to hold rallies with packed crowds.
    2) Inability to hold a cohesive interview or answer questions from journalists
    3) Inability to tell malicious lies directly to his followers by social media

If Trump is cut off from any attempt to lie, gaslight, or spin...he'll have to run on his record.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If Trump is cut off from any attempt to lie, gaslight, or spin...he'll have to run on his record.
    No, I think the spin is happening without his input: "OMG de libruls are silencing us! 1A! 1A!"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I cited earlier how Trump's campaign had posts removed, because they shared dangerous misinformation.

I did not cite, however, that Trump's campaign Twitter account was actually banned for that video and remained banned until they deleted it.

This is looking like we'll see the perfect Trump Shitstorm:
    1) Inability to hold rallies with packed crowds.
    2) Inability to hold a cohesive interview or answer questions from journalists
    3) Inability to tell malicious lies directly to his followers by social media

I don't know, Trump not being able to communicate might be the best boost to his campaign he's seen in months.

If you want a good read on of course his shady money practices in Scotland.

The good part and yes The Shitshow of it is below.

Early promotional materials for Aberdeenshire carried what purported to be the Trump clan’s baronial crest—three lions under an armored fist brandishing a spear and surrounded by a flourish of red and white feathers.

It was, no surprise, a fake. Trump had cribbed the coat of arms from Joseph Edward Davies, whose wife had built Mar-a-Lago and who had legitimately been granted the crest in the 1930s. He had made only one minor change, erasing the Davies family motto of “integritas” (integrity) and replacing it with “Trump.” He had used the doctored crest for years to peddle all sorts of products—from ties to beach towels—and it was plastered across his US properties.

But that didn’t fly in Scotland.

For centuries the country has had an office devoted to making sure people do not claim someone else’s family name. And after it determined Trump was indeed displaying a stolen coat of arms, he was barred from using it. The episode foretold Trump’s subsequent misadventures in Scotland, a country particularly resistant to his brand of flimflam.
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ttish-resorts/

Haha! Such poser and conman with his coat of arms.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

You'd think the Trump family crest would just be an orange dollar sign.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Replacing integrity, with Trump... is very on the nose...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I don't know, Trump not being able to communicate might be the best boost to his campaign he's seen in months.
    That’s not what my take away was from that interview on HBO was... I didn’t have the same reaction everyone else seems to have. He nailed his talking points. I realize that those talking points are ill informed, but they work. I keep pointing to the Hillary debates... it’s was pretty clear that he got dominated... but, it still worked to get his shit out there.

Edit: As the interviewer said, his support doesn’t listen to us, nor media nor anything that is not Trump. The interview just got his message out, because what the interviewer said, was as irrelevant as the answers to this questions were. Saying his crowd was 12000, when asked if 6000 was a mistake, is idiotic... but, it works...

Edit 2: I think it’s more important for Trump to convince people that he isn’t an extreme choice, because there is a majority that agrees with him... they just fear saying it... than to have a cohesive plan or message... as long as he can be seen the same as Biden or even a reasonable choice, the attack ads and conspiracy theories take care of the rest.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-06 at 01:02 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    How do you say in english "Esto será una carniceria"? Because i'm afraid that's what'll happen, sadly.
    Oof, it's been ages since I learned any Spanish (and I know Portuguese isn't the same, don't hate me!) and since then I've had French and Dutch crammed into my head, but I'm going to assume that was something along the lines of "this will be a slaughter". I do not disagree. EDIT: Actually, I'm going to change that to "this will be carnage" because that probably fits better. I am open to being 100% wrong on that, though.
    Maybe , "This will be a charnel house."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And the NY AG has stated she’ll have an announcement tomorrow of national importance. Hope everyone has their popcorn ready.
    Couple more hours now. I'm curious what the subject matter will be. Epstein? Illegal campaign contributions? Bank fraud? Tax evasion? A talk about how the timer on the statute of limitations works while the suspect is unavailable to prosecute? Criminal charges related to his charities?

It's just imagining the betting market on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We are on the cusp of a second wave here just because of a couple of marriages being a tad too festive with their corona super spreading. Can't imagine what would happen if Schools open.
    Was listening to the local talk radio, and if the right wing morning host is any indication of the right wing view point as a whole, they still believe it is all fake news. He is saying that young folks are far less likely to contract, and far less likely to spread it, that opening schools is perfectly safe.

I swear, the exposure of how many people in this country are complete idiots and are willing to put us all in danger makes me consider if it is worth living.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Was listening to the local talk radio, and if the right wing morning host is any indication of the right wing view point as a whole, they still believe it is all fake news. He is saying that young folks are far less likely to contract, and far less likely to spread it, that opening schools is perfectly safe.

I swear, the exposure of how many people in this country are complete idiots and are willing to put us all in danger makes me consider if it is worth living.
    Americans were the rebels... now we listen to a president, as if he is an ultimate authority on everything. It’s pretty fucked... it changed so fast, I think people’s heads are still spinning.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

how can trump embarrass himself when biden is wearing adult diapers and doesn't know he's alive?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."