Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    I get what you're saying, and I agree, I'm just saying that not everyone is as mechanically or rotationally proficient at the game. We aren't all equal.
    Issues arise when one or several groups members are throwing the key and then blaming others for leaving and calling them toxic. Of course you can clear 15s in 455 gear, but it's gonna require at least some form of coordination and good play.
    Yeah, that's the usual toxicity. "Blame the other so I don't feel bad".
    Had a warrior in my ML 17 run yesterday that constantly flamed the tank, till I told him to be quiet and just play. It actually worked! Easily timed in ++, so.. flaming for nuts.

While I am sure there are a lot of players that bail at the first signs of trouble ive seen far more players with what I suspect are bought keys desperately trying to salvage a doomed run.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    When my group with similar geared people (475+) fail on first trashpacks and I only see the tank interrupt casts, I (healer) follow the tank when he leaves the group.

I rarely leave groups myself, as I seldom pug but when I do Im not there to carry people that wont pull their own weight.
    Most healers can also interrupt, something you clearly do not wish to do. So why should they carry you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    I still see people doing 30k dps with 470 gear
    this really grinds my gears. Just yesterday I was in Atal +15 and I had to double check at the first boss if it was maybe a tyrannical week because goddamn that boss lived long. Then I opened up Details and I see four players doing 30-35k including me, the tank...

30k dps in a +15 would maybe be fine LAST SEASON. We finished it, barely not in time and honestly, if the healer had left midway through, I wouldn't blame them.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Amazingdom View Post
    Most healers can also interrupt, something you clearly do not wish to do. So why should they carry you?
    Most healers CANNOT interrupt. In fact, shaman healer is the only healer who has an interrupt. The others can interrupt with CC every once in a while which isn't really an interrupt because mobs will just immediately start casting it again
    Last edited by Wuusah; 2020-08-06 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    just left a +15 freehold because the tank was pulling one pack at at time in a group with all dps 475+... taking ages to pull too because he was marking everything in the pack...
    you sound like part of the problem. go role tank then impatient isaac

What? Where in my post did I state anything like that? I play a holy paladin and I use my HoJ and Blinding Light as much as I can.

Do you have reading comprehension problems?
    Yes i actually do, you stated that only tank interrupted, not me friend.

- - - Updated - - -

you're clearly not playing wow if you think most healers can interrupt...
    Sure they can, use your toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    this really grinds my gears. Just yesterday I was in Atal +15 and I had to double check at the first boss if it was maybe a tyrannical week because goddamn that boss lived long. Then I opened up Details and I see four players doing 30-35k including me, the tank...

30k dps in a +15 would maybe be fine LAST SEASON. We finished it, barely not in time and honestly, if the healer had left midway through, I wouldn't blame them.

edit:

Most healers CANNOT interrupt. In fact, shaman healer is the only healer who has an interrupt. The others can interrupt with CC every once in a while which isn't really an interrupt because mobs will just immediately start casting it again
    So they can still interrupt?

- - - Updated - - -

I am describing a situation where only the tank out of the 4 other players except me used anything to stun/interrupt or stop casts.

How do you turn this into that I am the problem here?
    I am not, you said the tank was the only one doing so, neglecting your own tools. But apperently yoh forgot to mention that, im glad your using everything you can!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    People that leaves mythic + is dead to me, the stupidity is so astronomical.
    get some reward for wasted time or no reward for wasted time, what would a normal functioning person pick? A smart person would stay cuz he/she gets loot anyway, a stupid person would leave.. why? I dont know why, its stupid.
    People doing keys at 20+ don't do it for gear tho. If it's not timed there's no point completing it.

- - - Updated - - -

you're clearly not playing wow if you think most healers can interrupt...
    Every healer has a way of interrupting non-CC immune mobs. Not bosses, though.
    Hi

no... they can't...

- - - Updated - - -

stunning isn't interrupting... they'll cast as soon as the stun is over again...
    Ill break it down for you
    Thats called spell locking, thats not the same as interrupting, interruptions are anything that interrupts the spellcast

I truely hope you and I would never be in the same party, i’d be forced to leave
    You read it wrong mate, I'll be doing the leaving

I'll chime in again. With some more experience in leaving. Hpally.

At M+15 if I have to hard cast a heal within the first few minutes of pulling trash, there's a problem. If I can't focus on dps'ing while occasionally throwing out spot heals, there's a problem. If I have to stop my rotation to do some random CD heal fest, I know it's gonna be rough and I start weighting the pros and cons.

Go watch a group who knows how to not get hit by shit, and understand mechanics and try and find something to heal in that group. meanwhile, get into a group where only two people know what's going on, it's NIGHT AND DAY different.

You do enough runs with both outcomes, you start to see a pattern. Everyone would have you think it's your fault, but in reality it's the people blaming you who is at fault. 9 times outta 10. Saying 'you're the worst X i've ever seen' provides nothing but an insight into that person. You see someone like that, run. You see someone saying 'this week's affixes are rough for tanks/heals' LEAVE. Why, because they're already telling you their excuse as to why they didnt time. There are tons of red flags I've learned about. I don't care how long this thread gets, I'll stick with my experiences and the knowledge I've gathered doing it. If you see someone micromanaging pulls, talking about strats before group is full, etc. LEAVE.

Sometimes the mistakes aren't mechanical related, but user related.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-08-06 at 04:28 PM.

kick is an interrupt... wind shear is an interrupt... rebuke is an interrupt... most healers don't have this...

Do you even know what the definition of an interruption is?

Typhoon, hammer of justice, Incap roar, wind shear, kicks, bash, fear and any other stun, knockback, fear( anything that stops a cast is interruption) i know, its difficult.

It so happends that some of these intterupts also prevent any further casting, but thats called spell locking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    You read it wrong mate, I'll be doing the leaving
    Wouldn’t mind, don’t like helping out unfriendly people anyway

Do you even know what the definition of an interruption is?

Typhoon, hammer of justice, Incap roar, wind shear, kicks, bash, fear and any other stun, knockback, fear( anything that stops a cast is interruption) i know, its difficult.

It so happends that some of these intterupts also prevent any further casting, but thats called spell locking.
    Actually those arent interrupts. Its got nothing to do with spell locking in pve, but mobs who get stunned while casting a spell will go straight back to casting that spell after a stun. Where as mobs who where interrupted have that spell removed from their aciton queue for a time(no, its not the same as spell locking)

CC isn't interrupt lol...
    Sure it is.

CC isn't interrupt lol...
    True but interrupt is a form of control within a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Actually those arent interrupts. Its got nothing to do with spell locking in pve, but mobs who get stunned while casting a spell will go straight back to casting that spell after a stun. Where as mobs who where interrupted have that spell removed from their aciton queue for a time(no, its not the same as spell locking)
    Spell locking prevents mobs from casting a spell from the same magical school, people have interpreted interruption in a verry limited way these days. But i get it!

Spell locking prevents mobs from casting a spell from the same magical school, people have interpreted interruption in a verry limited way these days. But i get it!
    Difference is interupt actually stops the spell from being cast where as cc only delays it.

no, it isn't...

if it was, people wouldn't be able to stop me from casting in pvp...
    pretttttty sure I could sheep you and you would be interrupted. can you imagine sheeping and knowing it wouldn't interrupt the spell cast.

but it's clear you're talking about SPELL LOCKS. Like me getting Holy locked during an encounter because I did something wrong.

no, it isn't...

if it was, people wouldn't be able to stop me from casting in pvp...
    It realy is

Interrupt abilities. Abilities that specifically interrupt spell-casting are known as "interrupts".

Your refering to spell locking, which is also a variant of intterupting