Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Io should say if people has left and how many times.

Should be viewed as the first person that leaves the group

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Difference is interupt actually stops the spell from being cast where as cc only delays it.
    Thats completly true, but it does interrupt it for a limited time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    no... they can't...

- - - Updated - - -

stunning isn't interrupting... they'll cast as soon as the stun is over again...
    Usually there are windows where your group doesn't have interrupt ready. They're all on CD. Doing a Shrine at 25+ it's usually a death if a cast isn't interrupted. By CCing the mob with a stun, knockback, fear, disorient, etc is usually enough to have a interrupt be back on CD to interrupt it.

Casts going off in higher keys means death. That's why any healer that doesn't use their toolkit is pretty much causing a deplete.

I don't think people arguing against this is actually doing high keys though, which kinda makes them "correct" for the content they play.
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2020-08-06 at 04:39 PM.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Amazingdom View Post
    So they can still interrupt?
    No they can't because "interrupt" is a specific term that doesn't mean "using CC". When someone says nobody used their interrupt it means nobody used their interrupt ability, not their CC to interrupt. Nobody in their right mind would count on the healer using their CC abilities to interrupt enemy casters in a PuG. If a healer uses their whole toolkit then that's a great bonus, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know why you are telling me this... i never argued you shouldn't use any stuns or other CC you have... i'm saying they aren't interrupts...
    They aren't interrupts as in the sense they can still cast the spell after. It still does interrupt the spellcast. Or should we call it "delaying" instead? Even though, you know.. it stops the cast. Strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    No they can't because "interrupt" is a specific term that doesn't mean "using CC". When someone says nobody used their interrupt it means nobody used their interrupt ability, not their CC to interrupt. Nobody in their right mind would count on the healer using their CC abilities to interrupt enemy casters in a PuG. If a healer uses their whole toolkit then that's a great bonus, nothing more.
    Everybody in their right mind counts on the healer using their CCs in higher keys though :P
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Everybody in their right mind counts on the healer using their CCs in higher keys though :P
    higher keys are something completely different than your normal PuGs

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Difference is interupt actually stops the spell from being cast where as cc only delays it.
    Weird, if I Poly you and you have no way of getting out I stopped ALL SCHOOLS OF MAGIC from being cast for 20 seconds. They don't even get a chance to melee you or to cast from a different school of magic.

Whereas, if I Spell Lock you, you can't cast anything from the specific school of magic you just used it on for 6 seconds. During this time, they could cast something different or even melee you.

Sorry but you're not making any sense. In your mind a Spell Lock is a better interrupt than Poly.

As a HPally, you should be using HoJ to interrupt casts, even if all it does is delay it from being cast again. Any delay you can get while dps kills it, is good.

Remember, we're talking about NPCs in a dungeon, not pvp.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-08-06 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Weird, if I Poly you and you have no way of getting out I stopped ALL SCHOOLS OF MAGIC from being cast for 20 seconds.

Whereas, if I Spell Lock you, you can't cast anything from the specific school of magic you just used it on for 6 seconds.

Sorry but you're not making any sense. In your mind a Spell Lock is better interrupt than Poly.
    Interrupt and Spell Lock are interchangeable words... That's why "Interrupt Trackers" only count spell lock abilities, not all CC abilities...

Why the fuck are people discussing semantics here.

10+ Year Old Account
    an interrupt puts a stop to the cast and they can't cast it for a while again... if they can cast, it isn't an interrupt...
    So the CC didn't interrupt the spellcast that was casting when the mob got cc'd?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    it stopped it... not interrupted...
    But it didn't stop it if it immediately starts recasting it. I'd also like to point out that an in-game interrupt spell has two parts. The interrupt and the spell-lock. You seem to count them both as one and the same.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    yes it did... it means it didn't interrupt it...
    Read the edit. It interrupted but didn't lock the spell-school it interrupted.

Yikes!
    Hi

For anyone still trying to make a point with the interruption.

Read any interruption ability and what do they have in common?

interrupts spellcasting AND prevents any spell in that magical school being cast.

Its not the interruption that makes enemies not being able to cast afther you kicked, pummeled, wind shear, bash or w/e. Its the extra abilitty thats integrated in those abilitties.

I actually love to quit a key if someone decides to ninja pull with premeditation because "they've seen on some stream" etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    an interrupt locks it...
    Do you know the definition of the word "interrupt" I wonder.

A cc interrupts the spell being cast but doesn't spell-lock it. Just because you seem to have decided it isn't doesn't change the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amazingdom View Post
    For anyone still trying to make a point with the interruption.

Read any interruption ability and what do they have in common?

interrupts spellcasting AND prevents any spell in that magical school being cast.

Its not the interruption that makes enemies not being able to cast afther you kicked, pummeled, wind shear, bash or w/e. Its the extra abilitty thats integrated in those abilitties.
    Pretty much this.
    Hi

yes... i do... blizzard has the same idea as i do... the interrupt reduction priests had if they were interrupted on spell casts didn't reduce stun durations or any other CC... it reduced specifically how long you were locked out after a rogue, shaman or any other class interrupted you...

Read the damn tooltips on the abilitties, blizzard even says interruption and spell locking are 2 things mainly integrated in 1 thing, but that doesnt make it the same. Read the tooltips friend

Isn't this also why guilds and communities and friends lists exist?

Imagine how much people would complain if Mythic was added to LFG.

i'm gonna start saying "i can't use frenzied regeneration, i'm interrupted" instead of saying i'm stunned when i fuck up and get hit by a stun... people are gonna be like "wtf? how do you get interrupted as a guardian druid?"

also gonna say i'm CC'd when people don't interrupt the interrupts in freehold and i get interrupted instead of saying i got interrupted... lol... then they're gonna be like "wtf? there's no cc on this pack"...
    Idk what these guys smoked, actually.
    Interrupting abilities explecitly have the wording that they are "interrupting" the spell-cast. It can't be so hard so understand this simply fact.
    CC's are CC's, not interrupts at all. They CONTROL an enemy and are on a DR. Interrupts aren't - you can rupt as many times as you want.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know a lot of you people need to hear this so here it is:

Stop doing M+ with people you don't know, especially high-level keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Idk what these guys smoked, actually.
    Interrupting abilities explecitly have the wording that they are "interrupting" the spell-cast. It can't be so hard so understand this simply fact.
    CC's are CC's, not interrupts at all. They CONTROL an enemy and are on a DR. Interrupts aren't - you can rupt as many times as you want.
    Okay cool, so lets take bloodlust, it explicitly states it increases your haste, but not your damage. So bloodlust doesnt increase your output? Here i thought every time hero popped i was doing so swell

All healers have stops for casts. Not specifically interrupts but they have stops. Usually 2+ for each class. Stuns/pushbacks/blinds/fear etc.