Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Will any bosses in Naxxramas be difficult in the beginning?

A lot of raiding bosses in classic go down fast after they're released. Even the ones that "require" resistance gear. Will any bosses in Naxxramas be difficult at release? I remember Patchwerk being a simple boss tactics wise, but had a very high gear requirement due to his high health, damage, and short enrage timer. Then there's Sapphiron and the "need" for frost resistance gear. The 4 horsemen required many tanks. I don't expect Kel'thuzad to be much of a problem though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    A lot of raiding bosses in classic go down fast after they're released. Even the ones that "require" resistance gear. Will any bosses in Naxxramas be difficult at release? I remember Patchwerk being a simple boss tactics wise, but had a very high gear requirement due to his high health, damage, and short enrage timer. Then there's Sapphiron and the "need" for frost resistance gear. The 4 horsemen required many tanks. I don't expect Kel'thuzad to be much of a problem though.
    No. 45 minutes tops. Even the mystical 4 Horsemen can be cheesed with a trinket from ZG.

For top guilds? Nada, they'll steamroll it as if it's farm content, because thats exactly what it is for them.

For the average raiding guild? They'll probably wipe some times on the second half of the bosses, and struggle with 4H and Kel'thuzad.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Patchwerk requires like 26 people doing ~300 dps the whole fight to kill before the enrage, thats not hard to accomplish on a fight where there is essentially 100% uptime on the boss. It was never hard people were just stupid and most people were playing on dial up internet.

Any guild that isnt brain dead has been gearing up tanks with the spell hit trinket from ZG. 4H shouldnt be an issue outside of terrible RNG luck.

Gothik you just stack the UD side a bit more so it doesnt matter how fast you kill shit on the live side

Even Saph is pretty easy so long as you do the 2 mechanics of the fight correctly i mean he only has like a million health so... hide properly and you wont die if your shamans are worth their salt.

It's all about preparation for the most part. Resist gear is something most raiders are already starting to think about, +21 Frost Resist rings are about 150-200g on my server. 4 Horsemen is cheesed with the ZG spell hit Trinket that serious guilds farmed for all their DPS warriors and the min-max nature of Classic already destroys the DPS requirements for Patchwerk and Loatheb.

The hardest ones for the "average" guild will be Heigen and Thaddius where the mechanics are oneshots if you mess them up. Heigen's dance is a lot more dangerous than it was in the Wrath version and Thaddius requires all 40 to be paying attention and positioned perfectly. Sapphiron will mess up anyone who tries to brute force her with no resist gear.

Unsure on Razuvious, if an MC misses it can mean wipe so best hope your priests have their hit gear. Gothik, Grobulus, the Spider Wing and KT will be pushovers.

In a general sense guilds won't struggle with Naxx in the same way that retail guilds struggle to kill bosses. No one is going to wipe 200-500+ times on a single boss in Naxx. Just won't happen.

Some bosses will catch guilds off guard though. Heigan is going to be a struggle for guilds that have been carrying bad healers without realizing it, since you need to actually move and push buttons at the same time on that fight. I think a lot of healers that can do one or the other are gonna just face plant on that boss.

Thaddius is another fight where one or two people being dumb can wipe you. Smart guilds will offload as much of the brain work as possible onto WeakAuras but you will have people that will cause wipes due to mixing up their left and right. It happened in Naxx 25 back in LK and it will happen now in classic. Positioning issues and general situation awareness are tested on KT and I do think some guilds will have more than 2 or 3 fails because of that.

Top guilds will just run them all over on the first day, but I can see casual guilds struggling a lot more if they have never done the fights and haven't prepared beforehand. Considering that a lot of people also raided Naxx in WotLK I expect way more people to be familiar with the raid than they were with AQ40.

Its not gonna be easy if you never done it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why so many people conflate 'difficulty' with Classic's appeal/quality but Naxx is going to be destroyed on day 1, just like AQ, just like BWL, just like MC. Probably within a couple hours of going live.

Or are people still holding on to the 'classic raids were harder!' fantasy?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Every boss up to N'zoth will be cleared without problems because there isn't anything new.

Will some guilds have hard times there? Sure, but then again I had 4 wipes on Onyxia pug last week. Is Onyxia hard? No but it's all about who are you raiding with.
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2020-08-06 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    No. 45 minutes tops. Even the mystical 4 Horsemen can be cheesed with a trinket from ZG.
    I dont think negating a "chance to miss" on taunt using "Fer Really Long Castin'" is considered cheesing... I mean, a random chance to miss a taunt, can you even consider that a fight mechanic?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

We talking about the tip of the top? Hell no.. they will utterly smash the shit out of it. They have done it dozens upon dozens of times and have it crafted down to a T on how to progress though the zone and how to be 100% prepared for it going in. But not everyone will clear the next raid in retail in 2 weeks(ish) either like a Limit or Method. Very poor comparison on actual content. AQ and even Naxx will be pretty good content for your normal level raiding guilds.

No real mechanics. The hardest part is probably heigan dance for movement idiots. it will be clear in an hour tops and no guild will have real problems with any boss

They absolutely will not.

No.
    Best guilds will do it within probably 2-3h (mostly due its huge raid with many bosses not its difficulty).
    Typical semi-harcore guild will finish it probably within a few evenings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I dont think negating a "chance to miss" on taunt using "Fer Really Long Castin'" is considered cheesing... I mean, a random chance to miss a taunt, can you even consider that a fight mechanic?
    Absolutely. Spells and melee abilities missing makes sense for lore reasons, and so does taunting. Taunting in MMOs has often been portrayed as, well, literal taunting, trying to piss someone off and what not. This doesn't always work though, sometimes that Frostbolt just really hurt and that warrior calling you a pussy doesn't really matter right now.

Cheesed was also meant to be exaggeration more or less, I called it cheesing because for years everyone always pushed the "4HM so hard need 8 fully geared tunks" and all you really needed was a blue trinket from a forgotten boss. The whole "will Classic be hard" shouldn't even be a question at this point with how Classic has gone, so I wanted to be over the top. I honestly wouldn't be surprised it people just brute force it without the trinket just with superior DPS, and even if a taunt misses everyone just fury tanks anyways so there will likely be back up tanks since raids just stack like 30 warriors now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No
    You don’t play classic for difficult content, you play it for nostalgia/midlife crisis reasons

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Patchwerk requires like 26 people doing ~300 dps the whole fight to kill before the enrage, thats not hard to accomplish on a fight where there is essentially 100% uptime on the boss. It was never hard people were just stupid and most people were playing on dial up internet.
    Common misconception about Patchwerk is that it's a gearcheck for you dps, it's not.
    It's a gearcheck for your Tanks and Healers.

Hateful strike deal something between 7k-9k damage on your tanks (depends on Armor) and hits about every 1,2 seconds.

Problem is, if healer fail to keep up tanks (dying or not healing them fast enough), Patchwerk just goes through your Melee dps, which obviously prolongs the fight, thus making healer mana an issue.

Quite frankly, from a Mana perspective, it's an accomplishment actually making it to the Enrage timer.

Will Patchwerk be an issue?
    Nope, because it's the first boss of a wing and thus can be easily cheesed via world buffs.

Very unlikely that naxx will pose issues. Previous raids in classic have proven so far that it dosent matter how it was in vanilla. People understand the fights now. Theres no learning curve anymore. Sure there will be wipes, but nax will most likely fall in 30min to 2 hours after it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    Very unlikely that naxx will pose issues. Previous raids in classic have proven so far that it dosent matter how it was in vanilla. People understand the fights now. Theres no learning curve anymore. Sure there will be wipes, but nax will most likely fall in 30min to 2 hours after it opens.
    Unfortunately it wont be hard, it just requires a lot of coordination on the fights, which the guilds that will destroy it have been practicing for years playing the private servers.

There ARE more effects than WOTLK naxx, (a lot more fears, a few other abilities per boss) but really, if you had that long to practice it, its not going to be hard.

It will be cleared first day.