Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    This has nothing to do with Classic.

Also, those actors are like 30. This means they accomplished neither college nor humor.

Maybe I'm just having a bad day...
    I knew multiple vets that started university at 26-28 in my classes. They were really chill people that seemed to have life a lot more figured out than I did. Very hard working people that strived to get A's.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What a stupid thing to say... people can get multiple credentials throughout their life, or didn't have a great start due to whatever countless reasons. The fact you'd mock someone trying to better themselves is just sad.
    Looks like someone is still trying to get their 2 year diploma in their 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Because it's reductionist, you're trying to frame peoples' enjoyment in something and completely bypassing their opinions.

I'm not playing classic for nostalgia, for example and someone insisting I do is just, wrong and weird.
    This idea that simply using the word nostalgia somehow "bypasses your opinion" is one which makes no sense to anybody outside of this community. It's like the community has latched onto the word as some kind of weird anti-Classic dog whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This idea that simply using the word nostalgia somehow "bypasses your opinion" is one which makes no sense to anybody outside of this community. It's like the community has latched onto the word as some kind of weird anti-Classic dog whistle.
    I’ve just accepted that most people who play video games are SUPER sensitive when it comes to the game THEY play. Even if it’s just pointing out facts. Tell console players that “insert game here” has really strong aim assist, and they freak out. Tell retail players “insert system here” is broken and they freak out. Tell classic players that the game is nostalgic for them then they freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I like a lot of things for purely nostalgic reasons. I love Milwaukee not because it is an objectively great town, but because that's where I grew up. I will watch every Star Wars movie because I was such a fan as a kid ... even if they are not very good from a film standpoint I will watch them and enjoy them multiple times. I will tend to play warlock even when I am disappointed with changes year after year because that was my first main. I could go on and on. That I enjoy those things out of nostalgia isn't a pejorative.
    Okay, since it's about anecdotes, what about the people that enjoy Classic despite never having played back in 2005?

One of the people in my Classic guild was in 1st Grade when WoW came out, pretty difficult for him to be Nostalgic about Classic.
    You strike me (not just from this thread) as someone who wants to pretend that the measure of how enjoyable a game experience is can be tied to an objective truth and, as such, a term like "nostalgia" is so offensive as it attacks your cold hard (and completely correct) intellectual evaluation.
    No, that's utterly false, fun is subjective, but nostalgia is a serious simplification and denounces any unique aspect that the game has.

It's entirely possible to create an argument on why you like (or not) something, how much weight you pay to this, is up to the individual.
    If you ask someone why they like Movie X, they probably won't just reply "i just do" or "oh yeah, watched it as a kid".
    Personally, I think it would be laughable to think that the original WoW being released today would be even remotely successful without the history and prior experiences of the playerbase.
    And who said that?
    It's about why people enjoy Classic, not a "what if" scenario.

That's a different bag entirely.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-08-06 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yeah, all of those people getting maliciously auto-banned after putting in tons of effort to complete their Scarab Lord quests are sure enjoying it. Same with those getting banned for mass-reporting them. Same for all of those trolling and getting trolled -- setting up discord servers full of people to harass and screw over their fellow players. Yeah, it sure sounds like mostly everyone has been enjoying it and that it's not at all a toxic cesspool.
    You're talking about players and not the game. The game itself is fun and people seem to be enjoying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Just a massive shame that gaming in general has progressed downwards. And your obsession with classic and this forum is very scary. Seek help.
    The only shame is how abominable retail is. Only sad haters like you should seek help. I never understood how people like you can put so much effort in hating classic.
    Why does it hurt you so much that other people like something you don't ?

@otaXephon Wtf you stole my avatar. WeirdChamp

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm not, but you not understanding how it seems derogatory to people is odd, because it's pretty obvius.
    Because they're trolling. It's obvious at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Then why were there fuckton's of people who after playing classic for awhile were asking for changes and/or complaining about shit while others would go into an autistic rage if Blizzard would mention something couldn't be 100% vanilla, or the dropoff of players when people were claiming they could do vanilla content for years? Not saying classic isn't good or that nobody likes it but to say that people weren't disappointed by the nostalgia in wow is a bit disingenuous when clearly many were (not all).

If you can afford to continue going to college in your 30's, are going to college to change to a different career, or you just like learning new stuff, I'd argue that you're doing things right.
    The fact that there are still queues to get into servers says otherwise. Just because a few people get upset, doesn't mean everyone feels the same. I also said mostly everyone.

@Vorkreist -- LOL, no. I guess that's the thing with a forum with tens and thousands of users -- I'd never seen your avatar before and I just finished my fourth playthrough of Xenogears so I changed it on a whim about a month ago. I've seen you in a few threads since and I'll admit that it's a bit confusing. (Especially considering the two of us have wildly different opinions on shit. Guess it kind of fits the theme though.)

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Because they're trolling. It's obvious at this point.
    Because trying to understand why a simple fucking word causes people to lose their fucking shit is trolling?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-08-06 at 08:37 PM.

I mean, case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I’ve just accepted that most people who play video games are SUPER sensitive when it comes to the game THEY play. Even if it’s just pointing out facts. Tell console players that “insert game here” has really strong aim assist, and they freak out. Tell retail players “insert system here” is broken and they freak out. Tell classic players that the game is nostalgic for them then they freak out.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2020-08-06 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    Looks like someone is still trying to get their 2 year diploma in their 30s.
    Got my Masters in CS Software and Hardware engineering in an area I've been working in for 20 years, and I'm currently studying Aeronautical Engineering... so yeah, I am so ashamed in having a life choice change!

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I don't chase nostalgia either, classic is boring. Your presence does not make me angry, it makes me worried. And I play the game too and it isn't as good as it used to be. Opinion.
    Fixed that for you buddy. It is not a fact that the game is not the best it has ever been. It is your opinion that it isn't. People might agree with you but that still makes it an opinion. A fact is something like "The earth is spherical in shape". We can use math to confirm this and we con observe this. It has been scientifically proven to be a fact. BFA not being as good as other games is not a fact.

I also don't know why people liking classic makes you worried. It is very weird that you worry about what other people like. You may have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. You shouldn't care what I think but for your own safety I suggest you seek help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Got my Masters in CS Software and Hardware engineering in an area I've been working in for 20 years, and I'm currently studying Aeronautical Engineering... so yeah, I am so ashamed in having a life choice change!
    are you also a billionaire and a model with 1000 girlfriends?

lol

keyboard warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    are you also a billionaire and a model with 1000 girlfriends?

lol

keyboard warrior.
    I got no reason to prove myself to some random nobody, especially one who's purely here to be a troll.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-08-06 at 09:05 PM.

@Vorkreist -- LOL, no. I guess that's the thing with a forum with tens and thousands of users -- I'd never seen your avatar before and I just finished my fourth playthrough of Xenogears so I changed it on a whim about a month ago. I've seen you in a few threads since and I'll admit that it's a bit confusing. (Especially considering the two of us have wildly different opinions on shit. Guess it kind of fits the theme though.)

Because trying to understand why a simple fucking word causes people to lose their fucking shit is trolling?
    This has been going on well before Classic was released. Anyone still doing it a year later is clearly trolling.

I got no reason to prove myself to some random nobody, especially one who's purely here to be a troll.
    didn't think so

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is us..the people who play WoW....

We even need to try and annihilate each other over which version of the game we play is "better". We need to make it an "us vs them" shitshow. And within each of the versions we play we must make it a "us vs Blizzard" shitshow.

How pathetic.
    Sadly, I think this is normal human behavior. South Park did a really good episode about how the atheists couldn't decide on a name and kept fighting about it. Humans love to fight with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The only shame is how abominable retail is. Only sad haters like you should seek help. I never understood how people like you can put so much effort in hating classic.
    Why does it hurt you so much that other people like something you don't ?

@otaXephon Wtf you stole my avatar. WeirdChamp
    I think the first step to understanding is to recognise your own problems. In a lot of your posts you are quick to anger. This can be a symptom of an underlying condition. Seeking help is the first step in being mentally healthy.

As you put it "sad haters" are not the only people that need to seek help. Are your anger rants also occurring in real life? Are you hurting people you love with your outbursts?

Yes you are right. Hating on classic is stupid. But also hating on retail is as well. But your not going to get anything out of this discussion while you are prone to such outbursts.

- - - Updated - - -

I got no reason to prove myself to some random nobody, especially one who's purely here to be a troll. Now go back to your call center, people are calling for customer support.
    What's wrong with people who work at a call centre? It's obviously a role that needs to be filled. Also a reminder. If people don't agree with you, don't fall into that millinial stereotype of calling them a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Any Moba game is notorious for their toxic community, does this mean the game isn't fun?
    Yes, I suppose it does. The general impression I get from MOBA players is that they are addicted and not actually enjoying their time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    You're talking about players and not the game. The game itself is fun and people seem to be enjoying it.
    In an MMO like WoW, the players are a major part of the game.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yes, I suppose it does. The general impression I get from MOBA players is that they are addicted and not actually enjoying their time.

- - - Updated - - -

In an MMO like WoW, the players are a major part of the game.
    And most seem to be enjoying it.