Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I'm genuinely curious to the mods why this post was infracted. The other infraction was dumb too imo but I understand why it was given but this one I don't get. Queen of Hamsters just directly insulted him, is he not allowed to reply? He didn't even say anything outrageous in this post. Are you banned from a thread after receiving an infraction in it? And if so then why are you allowed to keep posting in it?
    They just kind of moderate what they want and people aren't allowed to talk about it.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    i'm sorry for those effected by his actions and decisions, but Blizzard doing this sets a really REALLY bad precedence. Just kill yourself, be somewhat relevant and you'll get an NPC.

This isn't a 'bring back justice' to anything move by blizzard. The guy was PERMABANNED for account sharing. Glorified his problems on stream, and went through with suicide.

If he failed at suicide, he would be prosecuted in a court of law. But if he succeeds, gets a NPC in a game he was permabanned from.

This is bad. All around. I get it, it's sad someone chose the route Reckful did, but this reaction afterwards is even worse.

This is NOT WHY he did what he did. This is NOT what he wanted before he passed.

At no point and I being disrespectful. What kind of respect should be shown to a criminal? It's against the law to try and kill yourself.

We should be using his story to help others from following in his footsteps. But if you do that, you won't get a chance at an ingame NPC.

Blizzard needs to stay in their lane. But Blizzard is in the market of making money, so how can they make money of fans of reckful? exactly. exploit his death. I'll say it. Look at anyone of influence who dies or kills themselves. Watch their albums sales go up. It's sick and twisted.

Like I said, I'm not trying to disrespect his family or anything that. Just being honest here. I got kids I have to raise. And this is not something I want to teach them.

I rather there be an NPC who will help give information to those with suicidal thoughts. Not whatever this is.
    I'm sorry but if your kids get out a suicide the idea that is a free ticket for an npc you are not doing your job as a parent, by the age of 12+ he or she should know the difference, especially if it mental problems are involved and here again you are out of your line, blizz did not do this to take advantage of his fans, this is pure nonsense and make me question your maturity, the npc was a tribute for a player that had a huge impact toward wow community, say what you want about reckful but he was a positive influence in wow and gaming community in general

If he failed at suicide, he would be prosecuted in a court of law. But if he succeeds, gets a NPC in a game he was permabanned from.

At no point am I being disrespectful. What kind of respect should be shown to a criminal? It's against the law to try and kill yourself.
    Lmao. This is beyond cringe. Bootlicking for the law because someone killed themselves, peak internet. Even better is pretending that people would ever be "inspired" to commit fucking suicide to get an NPC in a 16 year old video game. No one on this planet owes you anything, least of all owing you or the police or the government their literal lives. I feel sorry for your children if their parents are this completed detached from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be real, what actually happened is a popular player died and Blizz made a tribute NPC. Been done 1000 times before, will be done a further 1000 times.

At no point am I being disrespectful. What kind of respect should be shown to a criminal? It's against the law to try and kill yourself.
    So your point is that we shouldn't show respect to criminals? That's a pretty horrible idea on a few levels.

1) Should suicide be illegal? It's the final symptom of depression. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. There's a bit more nuance than that.

2) All people should be shown respect, regardless of their criminal status. Giving up on people who commit a crime and showing them no respect is, in essence, lazy. You're giving up on people who've made a mistake or are disadvantaged. If you think criminals make rational choices and therefore should be disrespected you lack empathy and understanding.

3) So if you show no respect to criminals because they were convicted, what about those that aren't convicted? Have you ever gone over the speed limit? Downloaded a song illegally? Drunk alcohol underage? Should those people be shown no respect too, whether or not they were convicted and are a "criminal"? Or not, because that's a minor crime. If so, then there's a bit more nuance and you can't really say all criminals should be shown no respect, goes back to (1).

You say you don't want to teach you kids that suicide is a route to fame, or to capitalise on another's suicide. I'm not sure anyone ever thinks that. I'm more concerned about teaching my kids to respect all people and to have an ounce of empathy. Perhaps you could start there too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Did you all skip over the 'suicide hotline' npc I suggested?

Reckful doesn't need immortalized. He doesn't. It needs to be studied so it doesn't happen again.

To think, a game who banned your son is now giving him a npc after he killed himself. So happy as a parent.

Please. Help me.

tell me how what reckful did equates to having an NPC dedicated in his name? please. dont attack me. educate me.

seriously, calling me a bootlicker while licking the boots of someone who killed themselves is laughable. seriously. EDUCATE ME. if you're smart, you know how. and please, dont try and tell me killing yourself is on the same level as downloading a metalica song. just dont.

and dont try and say a dead criminal is the same as a living criminal. dont because i can work and talk with a living criminal.

how you respond is proof as to why reckful did what he did. so be mindful. i wont kill myself, but lets hear what you have to say.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-08-06 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a WoW NPC named after you sure is a good reason to kill yourself! I'm sure everyone's going to start doing it now!

Robin Williams also killed himself and he got a tribute and he isn't nearly as relevant to WoW as Reckful was.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you think this npc is about his suicide rather than the life he lived and the affect he had on many players...... You have grossly missed the point.

If a friend of yours commits suicide do you not mourn him? Do you have a remembrance of some sort for him? I'll bet each of the salty folks in this thread, like most other people, would.

Did you all skip over the 'suicide hotline' npc I suggested?

Reckful doesn't need immortalized. He doesn't. It needs to be studied so it doesn't happen again.

To think, a game who banned your son is now giving him a npc after he killed himself. So happy as a parent.

Please. Help me.

tell me how what reckful did equates to having an NPC dedicated in his name? please. dont attack me. educate me.

seriously, calling me a bootlicker while licking the boots of someone who killed themselves is laughable. seriously. EDUCATE ME. if you're smart, you know how. and please, dont try and tell me killing yourself is on the same level as downloading a metalica song. just dont.

and dont try and say a dead criminal is the same as a living criminal. dont because i can work and talk with a living criminal.
    Your posts in this thread are repugnant.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Your posts in this thread are repugnant.
    so you can't reach me at this point? Im beyond hope in your world?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Getting a WoW NPC named after you sure is a good reason to kill yourself! I'm sure everyone's going to start doing it now!

Robin Williams also killed himself and he got a tribute and he isn't nearly as relevant to WoW as Reckful was.
    what a stretch. you're making two comparisons that don't line up. Robin Williams didn't play WoW. He wasn't banned from WoW. Didn't have subs who played WoW. etc. So stupid you think I would compare those two together and think it's ok

The raise of R Williams merch after his death is gross. YES. Same with Linkin Park albums, and Chris Cornell. Go down the list of people who passed and watch their numbers. It's gross.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-08-06 at 11:25 PM.

i'm sorry for those effected by his actions and decisions, but Blizzard doing this sets a really REALLY bad precedence. Just kill yourself, be somewhat relevant and you'll get an NPC.

This isn't a 'bring back justice' to anything move by blizzard. The guy was PERMABANNED for account sharing. Glorified his problems on stream, and went through with suicide.

This is bad. All around. I get it, it's sad someone chose the route Reckful did, but this reaction afterwards is even worse.

This is NOT WHY he did what he did. This is NOT what he wanted before he passed.

We should be using his story to help others from following in his footsteps. But if you do that, you won't get a chance at an ingame NPC.

Blizzard needs to stay in their lane. But Blizzard is in the market of making money, so how can they make money of fans of reckful? exactly. exploit his death. I'll say it. Look at anyone of influence who dies or kills themselves. Watch their albums sales go up. It's sick and twisted.

Like I said, I'm not trying to disrespect his family or anything that. Just being honest here. I got kids I have to raise. And this is not something I want to teach them.

I rather there be an NPC who will help give information to those with suicidal thoughts. Not whatever this is.

You wanna know what's disrespectful, what reckful did as his final act. FACTS.
    Don't be daft -- Reckful had an impact in the WoW community, you honestly think some random unknown player would be immortalized?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    If you think this npc is about his suicide rather than the life he lived and the affect he had on many players...... You have grossly missed the point.

If a friend of yours commits suicide do you not mourn him? Do you have a remembrance of some sort for him? I'll bet each of the salty folks in this thread, like most other people, would.
    No. I don't have anyone who are friends or family who kill themselves. I know plenty of people who have, and their lives are fucking wrecked because of that person's decision.

I love how you want to say it's about their life and not their actions, but ask me about people in my life in accordance to their actions. Love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Don't be daft -- Reckful had an impact in the WoW community, you honestly think some random unknown player would be immortalized?
    once again, not addressing a single point I made. why didnt he have an npc before he committed suicide?

but after a dozen responses/pms it's clear. you're like pugs.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-08-06 at 11:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't have anyone who are friends or family who kill themselves. I know plenty of people who have, and their lives are fucking wrecked because of that person's decision.
    Kind of stating the obvious there aren't ya? And failed to answer my questions.

I love how you want to say it's about their life and not their actions, but ask me about people in my life in accordance to their actions. Love it.
    I do say its about his life, because it is. Only a few bad apples, like you, are trying to make it about the suicide.

You must be a really fine person in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Kind of stating the obvious there aren't ya? And failed to answer my questions.

I do say its about his life, because it is. Only a few bad apples, like you, are trying to make it about the suicide.

You must be a really fine person in real life.
    at the end of the day, what did reckful do? what was his last action on this earth?

go ahead. enlighten me so i can understand and accept his choice 100%. so i can feel the need to do what he did.

to think me asking question is more disrespectful than what he did. answer this, why didn't he have an NPC before his suicide, since it's not about suicide.....

at the end of the day, what did reckful do? what was his last action on this earth?

go ahead. enlighten me so i can understand and accept his choice 100%. so i can feel the need to do what he did.

to think me asking question is more disrespectful than what he did. answer this, why didn't he have an NPC before his suicide, since it's not about suicide.....
    I can't believe I recovered my MMO-Champion username/password just so I could respond to this thread. First off, Scelero, the LATEST (that's a key word that I'll come back to) tribute to Byron in the game is a symbol to memorialize his impact on the community and game at large. While I understand you may not have been affected by him, but many of us were. As such, we appreciate it. That's all that needs to be said.

Second off, he DID have an NPC before his suicide (we're coming back to that "LATEST" I emphasized earlier). He was added in as Byron Burnside, located in Tiragarde Sound in patch 8.0 almost two years before his suicide.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=142791/b...nside#comments

Can we steer this conversation back towards the respectful sentiment it deserves?

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I'm genuinely curious to the mods why this post was infracted. The other infraction was dumb too imo but I understand why it was given but this one I don't get. Queen of Hamsters just directly insulted him, is he not allowed to reply? He didn't even say anything outrageous in this post. Are you banned from a thread after receiving an infraction in it? And if so then why are you allowed to keep posting in it?
    Because that's what they do. You will notice Queen of Hamsters did not get infracted. That's how they roll here.

Never knew about the guy myself, but it is sad.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

7+ Year Old Account

Why should I have to enlighten you? Plenty of sources that talk about why he is worth being remembered. Seriously, if you don't already know what the hell is going on about the subject what are you even doing in the thread.

You wanna know what's disrespectful, what reckful did as his final act. FACTS.
    Regardless of the rest of your post, I just feel that I need to point out that attempted suicide isn't a crime in almost all countries in the world (with exception of some backwater African and middle East countries afk). FACTS indeed.

Since when suicide is a crime? Does your country send people to prison if they get caught attempting suicide? Or what. Because mine definitely doesn't unless your suicide attempt also involved harming other people.

It's stupid and lame to brand people who want to die as "criminals". Maybe we should rather look into why they don't want to live in the first place. If someone would think getting an NPC post mortem in wow is worth more than continuing their life, what is their quality of life atm? And what can the community do to change it?

How can you claim an NPC is a reward for suicide. The person is dead. They can't know they got an NPC. What does it give to a dead person? Nothing. It's a memorial for the community to remember someone who was a member of it, whether his impact was positive or negative, there was an impact. He was a public figure in the wow community.

But holy moly, I really don't wanna know which country "prosecutes in a court of law" people who attempted suicide. Is it some dictatorship where your life doesn't belong to you but to the country so you're damaging the country's property by damaging yourself? Or what?

P.S. Well, according to wiki in most countries suicide is not a crime but apparently there are some that it is. Wtf did I learn today... In b4 it's the same countries that also consider being gay a crime and similar things that were de-criminalized in the civilized world long ago.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicid...egislation.svg

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Regardless of the rest of your post, I just feel that I need to point out that attempted suicide isn't a crime in almost all countries in the world (with exception of some backwater African and middle East countries afk). FACTS indeed.
    Ok, at least I'm not being crazy here. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2020-08-07 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

Yeah, the amount of people too dense to realize that a tribute is not a glorification of the person's very final act of suicide is just...staggering.

People don't suicide themselves to get NPCs in games, the suicide because of untreated mental illness, or fanaticism. And why does mental illness go untreated? Because people are afraid of stigma because of the exact sentiments seen from certain ignoramuses in this very thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah, was about to say... Maybe that person is from a country where it IS considered a crime? That'd explain the complete and utter lack of empathy and insight on the subject.

The replies in this post is so disrespectful. Talk about heartless and mean. I am beyond disgusted.