Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey remember when Trump lifted aluminium tariffs against C anada, the ones he himself imposed, when they agreed to sign NAFTA 1.0.0.2?

He just put them back.

Oh look, Trump didn't pay what he was contractually obligated. I wonder what would happen if, say, Canada just stopped following NAFTA 1.0.0.2 entirely? I mean, they clearly have no obligation to do so. Wouldn't that be yet another Trump failure?

- - - Updated - - -

So the Pew Research Center's latest poll says the majority of Americans think states re-opened too quickly.

"So, what, 52%? 53%?"

69%.

"...isn't the rabid fanbase about thirty per--"

Yes.

Similarly high values (60-75 percent) said (a) the economy would be better if we focused on blocking the virus first and foremost, and (b) that basically other industrialized countries were doing a better job, and (c) that the increase in cases is not due to the increase in testing alone, but actually more people really being sick.
    More and more of these polls show Trump's support being reduced to just his rabid fan base, and his fan base decreasing in size. This is the time to keep pushing hard, as hard as we can. His fan base is still above 30%, but it's just a bit more not a lot more. And we need to continue to work hard to absolutely minimize the number of people not in has fan base supporting him, and voting for him.

58,611 new cases; again about 10k fewer than last Thursday. I'd like to be optimistic and say we should see them decrease further still next week, but schools are starting to open up and we're already seeing the results starting to manifest. In another week or two that will be worse.

California: 8,505 new cases; 149 deaths
    Florida: 7,650 new cases; 120 deaths (hah, right)
    Texas: 7,630 new cases; 236 deaths
    Georgia: 3,182 new cases; 42 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,252 new cases; 42 deaths (new record)
    Illinois: 1,953 new cases; 21 deaths
    Alabama: 1,938 new cases; 19 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,782 new cases; 44 deaths
    Arizona: 1,444 new cases; 70 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,325 new cases; 49 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,303 new cases; 49 deaths
    Missouri: 1,179 new cases; 11 deaths
    Ohio: 1,165 new cases; 23 deaths
    Indiana: 1,040 new cases (new record); 6 deaths

National daily cases may be down, but the US passed 5 million cases today as expected and we're still seeing increases in several states (see Indiana above 1k for the first time ever). Schools are opening back up in several areas and it's already a TRUMP SHITSHOW. I would have liked to have seen new cases under 20k before the inevitable school wave hits but that's looking less likely meaning healthcare services will likely start feeling the strain again in several areas before they are prepared/recovered.

Deaths were lower than last week but still above 1k at 1,203, putting the total at 162,804. At this pace the US will have passed 180k deaths by the end of August. AKA three times the amount Trump claimed would die back at the start. Fuck Trump and fuck his supporters. And fuck Florida.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Florida: 7,650 new cases; 120 deaths (hah, right)
    If NOAA is right about the hurricane season, it's going to be a lot easier to hide those numbers.

If NOAA is right about the hurricane season, it's going to be a lot easier to hide those numbers.
    Ayep, but they've been wrong for months now so why expect anything different? As I said before, it's unlikely we'll ever really know the true impact it's had there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @benngaul, to repeat Florida halted testing for the hurricane and only resumed testing on Tuesday(it was staggered as well, so we’re only now seeing the full impact). Testing times are also slowed right now due to a lack of materials. As such their numbers will likely lag behind a bit for at least another week.
    And it will be touted as a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he knows this is bs that will pissoff all but his most rabid base, or he wouldnt do this late at night

Trump bans dealings with Chinese owners of TikTok, WeChat

Been hearing some people claiming this will affect Discord, IF true, thats effectively every social gamer instantly angered.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    no joke, bible study for 3 years twice a week..... its exactly what happened and worse.
    Our dress code allowed for short-sleeved button down shirts.......but not long sleeved button down shirts with the sleeves rolled up. If you had long sleeves, they had to be buttoned at your wrists.

They handed out detention for it.

If the Jesuits who were all above like 60 years old can enforce that dress code on rowdy teenage boys, I think Georgia schools can enforce mask coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Our dress code allowed for short-sleeved button down shirts.......but not long sleeved button down shirts with the sleeves rolled up. If you had long sleeves, they had to be buttoned at your wrists.

They handed out detention for it.

If the Jesuits who were all above like 60 years old can enforce that dress code on rowdy teenage boys, I think Georgia schools can enforce mask coverage.
    I mean, they didnt in my (jesuit) school. A lot of folks came with long hair (even me, because i was too lazy to cut it up), or with street shoes (we had to wear black school shoes). And speaking of codes of conduct, about half of our 2011 generation were not virgins when we graduated (and the other half that was, it was not because of lack of trying). And this was an all-male school, so we had to date with girls from other schools lol.

So i'm not that keen on them being able to enforce that, lol.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-08-07 at 03:19 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I think he knows this is bs that will pissoff all but his most rabid base, or he wouldnt do this late at night

Trump bans dealings with Chinese owners of TikTok, WeChat

Been hearing some people claiming this will affect Discord, IF true, thats effectively every social gamer instantly angered.
    Oh it's a bit more then that. It's banning dealings with TikTok and WeChat's parent companies Bytedance and Tencent. Which means it punches a huge hole in a lot of today's modern gaming market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Oh it's a bit more then that. It's banning dealings with TikTok and WeChat's parent companies Bytedance and Tencent. Which means it punches a huge hole in a lot of today's modern gaming market.
    Tencent owns LoL, yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    this is ultimately trumps biggest failing, and why America is doomed to recede no matter what now. all of America's internal and social issues are nothing but a tiny distraction to the bigger picture.

dont bother replying to me unless you have watched that, disagree if you want but watch it, thats opend my eye at least to how royaly fucked the west is right now.

also fuck david cameron, watch the vid and ull know why.
    Royally fucked and brought on by our own stupidity and greed.

Oh and color me shocked that Trump's idiot tariffs did nothing but actually help China. That fucking clown can't help but always do the exact stupidest thing in any given situation. Want to discover the stupidest response to a problem? Put Trump on the case!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    @Zan15 yeah, I don’t get how a school can claim enforcing a dress code is impossible.
    They're quick to berate an 9th grade girl who's bra strap is showing, but masks are impossible!
    Putin khuliyo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Tencent owns LoL, yeah?
    Yeah they own Riot; with market shares in Epic, Acti-Blizzard, Bluehole, Ubisoft, Reddit, Discord, and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Tencent owns LoL, yeah?
    LoL.....but as someone else pointed out, it affects Fortnite and Epic, who owns the Unreal Engine.

- - - Updated - - -

This tweet says that the EO will only affect the chat application by TenCent, WeChat......despite the wording of the EO itself:

https://twitter.com/SamAugustDean/st...76813685108736

this is ultimately trumps biggest failing, and why America is doomed to recede no matter what now. all of America's internal and social issues are nothing but a tiny distraction to the bigger picture.

dont bother replying to me unless you have watched that, disagree if you want but watch it, thats opend my eye at least to how royaly fucked the west is right now.

also fuck david cameron, watch the vid and ull know why.
    Interesting video.

There was a lot of content in there, but several themes stand out.

1) China is employing tactics used by the Europeans when they were ascendant, and also by the US when we overtook Europe. Now China is doing it, and neither the US nor Europe are worried or are even acknowledging the existence of a problem. When China buys out one port and uses it mostly for their advantage - wow look at that! Now that it's a pattern, we don't take any action to slow it down. Greece needs money, Portugal needs money (two cases brought up in the video) - and it's China to the rescue. For a price of course, just like we or Europe did in the past (and present).

2) The US media talks incessantly about how evil and inefficient and stupid the Chinese are. The media lies may comfort Americans, but they also lead us in bad directions. A while back, we were incredulous about the response to us BRAVELY LIBERATING AND FREEING THEIR COUNTRY in Iraq and other countries and asked "Why do they hate us so much?". Now we ask ourselves - how did STUPID EVIL COMMUNIST CHINA that has so many OBVIOUS PROBLEMS get so economically strong? How did COMMUNIST China bring more people out of poverty than there are people in the US? (US conservatives used to talk a lot about the world wide reduction in poverty until it was pointed out that China is responsible for most of it). Our media being so dishonest leads the US down many bad paths.

3) One of Trump's national policies is to talk a good game about being TOUGH ON CHINA, while taking actions that strengthen China and weaken the US. Due to the hard work of our dishonest media, this policy seems to be ingrained in the US, and won't change even if Trump is no longer in office in January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Texas: 7,630 new cases; 236 deaths
    Texas has 300 deaths in a single day. Three fucking hundred.

And that's not even the record.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is ultimately trumps biggest failing, and why America is doomed to recede no matter what now.
    America is not "doomed to recede no matter what". The idea is ridiculous. Are we currently losing ground? Sure. Is anything inevitable? Hardly. The US still has a GDP more than 50% larger than that of China.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Texas has 300 deaths in a single day. Three fucking hundred.

And that's not even the record.
    It's "revised data" that's being corrected by checking against death certificates over the course of the whole shebang. However state versus county reporting has resulted in a lot of discrepancies with the counties claiming that the state is overcounting on the number of deaths:

Based on revised state data, the virus has claimed the lives of 33 Bell County residents, 12 more than the local count of 21; two Bosque County residents; five Coryell County residents, one more than the local count; three Falls County residents; three Hamilton County residents; six Hill County residents; two Lampasas County residents; two Leon County residents; three Limestone County residents; 49 McLennan County residents, six fewer than the local count of 55; three Milam County residents; eight Navarro County residents, five fewer than the local count of 13; and two Robertson County residents, one fewer than the local count.
    This has been going on since last week. I'm more inclined to believe the higher number simply by virtue of the fact that the numbers ARE likely higher because there are a lot of deaths that would have gone unreported--not due to any nefarious intentions but rather because people who just died in their homes and never got tested aren't going to be listed as a COVID-19 casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    America is not "doomed to recede no matter what". The idea is ridiculous. Are we currently losing ground? Sure. Is anything inevitable? Hardly. The US still has a GDP more than 50% larger than that of China.
    A shame we arent doing anything at all to reverse the fall.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them," Otott wrote. "What we will do is continue to strongly encourage all students and staff to wear masks."

somehow this fucking school can mandate that all kids wear pants....wear shirts.....not run around naked.....but mask....naaaahhh
    They can send kids home for wearing shirts with slurs or inappropriate imagery on them or even send them home for revealing clothing, but somehow they can't to it with masks.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What a shock!

Trump's back to school push is already putting people in quarantine!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/miss...144141284.html

Who could have seen this happening? *raises hand*
    "what do you have to lose?"

Right Trumpkins? Any of you care to show up and comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.