Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Which is why I predict Anduin will meet Arthas in the Maw. Initially Anduin will be disgusted by Arthas, then the two will cooperate against Jailer/Sylvanas to find freedom, and in the end Anduin will start to understand Arthas or some shit like that.

Either way, Anduin is suspiciously MIA in the Maw, the place where Arthas' soul is... the writing is literally on the wall.
    I wouldnt necessarily say that the two meeting are a given, though I do think it would be quite neat. Sadly story beats in WoW rarely happens just because they are neat, otherwise we would ahve actually gotten a Illidan/Malfurion reunion in Legion.

Reagarding Anduin and Arthas being MIA, I place about a 50% chance on either becoming a surprise brainwashed boss in a later raid. Anduin especially would be pretty amazing as a boss. Arthas would be nice too, though only if he isnt just a Death Knight again.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wouldnt necessarily say that the two meeting are a given, though I do think it would be quite neat. Sadly story beats in WoW rarely happens just because they are neat, otherwise we would ahve actually gotten a Illidan/Malfurion reunion in Legion.

Reagarding Anduin and Arthas being MIA, I place about a 50% chance on either becoming a surprise brainwashed boss in a later raid. Anduin especially would be pretty amazing as a boss. Arthas would be nice too, though only if he isnt just a Death Knight again.
    Please don't let them interact. All those asinine theories of him being his dad will emerge.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

How about no we don't fight Anduin and let him be what Arthas COULD of been.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How about no we don't fight Anduin and let him be what Arthas COULD of been.
    Which is why I am saying Brainwashed. I definitely do not want him to become evil or like Arthas, that would be a gross injustice to his characterization as everything Arthas could have been, and throwing that away would be a waste.
    However I do really want ot fight him as a boss eventually. If only to get cool transmog from it.

Edit: When I say Brainwashed I mean in a reversible way, I don't want to kill him for shock value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Please don't let them interact. All those asinine theories of him being his dad will emerge.
    That is a definite possibility if they meet indeed, though honestly, might be true even if they don't. Our best be to simply never mention it.

They have already done it in the past. There is a precedent. They turned Garrosh into a villain because a lot of Horde players did not accept him as warchief. They brought Illidan back even though he died a psycho because many players wanted to see him again.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants to bring Arthas back anyway, fans or not. They might say they want to leave his storyline alone, but in my opinion the current writers would cherish the opportunity to write their own character arc for Arthas. That's why there have been so many Arthas callbacks in BfA, and in Shadowlands we are literally going to the afterlife.
    Uuug no. There is literally nothing to even remotely suggest that thise story beats had anything to do with fans.

Garrosh was a villain from day 1 he literally challenged thrall to a duel because he thought the horde should invade nelf territories and take stuff, there was one quest where he said that killing teenages wasnt a good look for him. He spent the entire wrath expansion murdering ppl and threatening horde who defied him

And they said THEY wanted to explore illidans story more.

The developers are professionals. They are AWARE of what fans do, want and like and like ALL authors sometimes ghry might change the story because they realize something might be more fun. For example lucas had no idea ppl would like boba fett so much, so now we have multiple shows stories and characters dedicated to mandalor especially if u consider the clone wars series to be so.

They write out the major story beats 2 years ahead of time and fill in most of it a year ahead of time l. They dont alter their story cus a a few thousand ppl say one thing.

Like the idea that fans agree on anything is laughable at best. This forum proves that. Even when ppl agree something is bad they cant agree on why its bad
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

So what you want them to do is not make the changes that are needed to show players that the current toxic playstyle is unhealthy, and instead remove addons that are caused by it?

What you are promoting here is almost quite literally treating the symptoms, not the disease.
    you know what this sounds like? trump saying we have more cases because we test more and we should stop testing. less information doesnt make the problem go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What does casual have to do with anything? Thats irrelevant.
    to be honest, most of these conversations are irrelevant. but people keep spouting it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    you know what this sounds like? trump saying we have more cases because we test more and we should stop testing. less information doesnt make the problem go away.

- - - Updated - - -

to be honest, most of these conversations are irrelevant. but people keep spouting it anyway.
    I am legitimately unsure whether you agree with me or not. And given the comparision is with Trump I feel I need to be certain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Final boi is being tested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8BbFefbMw0
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Plot twist at end of SL , Blizzard creates an “dark” human/undead kingdom with Arthas as king of it.

Lordaeron kingdom is restored including all its towns and cities.

Undead and humans of Lordaeron regroup.
    Making forsaken neutral.

It gives hordes humans player model.
    It also gives alliance undead model.

Damn Denathrius P1+P2 already looking really good on hc, wonder how it feels with additional adds in p2 for mythic and if
    "Through the Mirror: As Indignation is cast, the mirrors in the room begin to warp.
    What awaits players who pass through a mirror during this time is known only to Denathrius himself. (Mythic)"
    Translates to a big mixup in P3 for mythic only

These "Anduin will turn into Arthas" theories remind me of early BfA, when people thought Anduin would turn into Arthas because he slammed the Lordaeron door the same way he did.

People don't want evil Anduin. People want Arthas. I'm sure Blizzard is aware of that. They know what their fanbase wants, at least from a story perspective.
    calling it now

arthas is discovered in the maw
    Jaina: Arthas...why are you here??
    Arthas: Jaina...you should leave. This place is not somewhere you should be.
    Jaina: No...i did nothing to save you the last time but now I can take you from here. You dont belong here.
    Arthas: Jaina you have always been like this. You must leave now.
    Jaina: It wasnt your fault Arthas. It was the helm...it was always the helm.
    Arthas: The helm did not cause me to raze that city. The helm did not cause me to take the journey to it. The helm did nothing Jaina....I belong here.
    Jaina: Arthas...if time has shown me anything it is that we can change so..
    Arthas:..I DONT WANT TO CHANGE!!! I was the power lich king. I killed thousands. I waged war against the world and if not for the interference of the light I would still be ruling.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't use Arthas in the Maw Intro questline. Seems like something they would do to bait or entice players with a future patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Also funny how the systems progressively got worse.
    Essences were also better than Azerite imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Essences were also better than Azerite imo.
    I concede to that, but with essences -> corruption, they took one step forward, and ten steps back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, the final fight looks really cool. Just like on Blackhand you fall down to the floor below on p2. There are some big mirrors there which you enter on Mythic. Hope it will be more interesting than Dragons of Nightmare :v

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I concede to that, but with essences -> corruption, they took one step forward, and ten steps back.
    True lmao. Corruption is the worst system ever imo. I played a good bit of BFA before 8.3. 8.3 killed the expansion for me. So much so that it put BFA behind Cata for me.

Every time hunters get a new pet family my heart bleeds because I'm still stuck with a ghoul and an ugly WotLK geist and skeleton model.
    First they took away our abomination from Legion and now they give hunters undead beasts?
    Good for them I guess...

Blizzard must love bleeds

Ok, the final fight looks really cool. Just like on Blackhand you fall down to the floor below on p2. There are some big mirrors there which you enter on Mythic. Hope it will be more interesting than Dragons of Nightmare :v

Hopefully it's good because so far this raid has been very disappointing in terms of visuals / mechanics.