Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MoP classes thx

Quote Originally Posted by OFiveNine View Post
    MoP classes thx
    but, yeah, other then the 3 I stated, the ToT patch for classes made all the other specs the best they've ever been.
    I hated how affili only had what it's spec baseline were as talents still but affili stopping being spreists was a massive improvement.

basically, the game AS A GAME was as its best when we were fighting the two biggest chads azeroth has ever produced, arthas and lei shen.

DIVINE STTTTTOOOOOOORRRMMMM SSSPAAAAAMMMMM, although that is basically paladin right now anyways lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Make that 2.4.3 and I'm in.
    Part of me actually misses 0/21/40 Warlocks in TBC.

But yeah, MoP classes, please.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-08-07 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    DIVINE STTTTTOOOOOOORRRMMMM SSSPAAAAAMMMMM, although that is basically paladin right now anyways lmao.
    divine storm/divine purpose as our mastery associated proc, crit reseting blade of justice(now in holy vanilla flavor), and relentless inq as rotation feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Part of me actually misses 0/21/40 Warlocks in TBC.
    imp sacc or succ sacc?
    But yeah, thats one of the things MoP lock got right, saccing demons being the meta for destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    divine storm/divine purpose as our mastery associated proc, crit reseting blade of justice(now in holy vanilla flavor), and relentless inq as rotation feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

imp sacc or succ sacc?
    Succ sacc. Spamming shadow bolts & having to use soul shatter because your DPS was dumb? The best time Zero effort required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sejii View Post
    i would be fine for any classdesign before WoD, WoW nowadays feels more like a MOBA than a RPG you literally have zero choice.
    "Literally zero choice".

I can choose between crucible major for ST or copying meme beams or whatever for AoE when I do keys.

That's your argument gone invalid already. liTErALlY.

I can keep going for a while, if you want.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather go back to MoP Classes.
    Damn I miss MoP Survival Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    Yes, but only for three specs, ret, affili, and blood dps.
    Other's have been improved upon, but i feel wrath's affili would be a good baseline to add the stacking UA as a snap-shotting DoT then have malefic whatever coming in SL activate charges for shadowbolt to hit all the targets the malefic eruption hit so that the lock can build shadow's embrace on all the targets of their DoTs.
    as for ret, losing the original crit chance, exorcism reset mechanic made them devalue the stat in it's effect on play, and make the bonus crit from AW meaningless.
    And Blood dps DK is self explanatory, it was by far the most popular DPS spec for the class, and has been entirely removed and recycled as the theme for a tank spec.

What? Arms Warrior is way less fun and skillful than it was back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to move forward instead of backwards and get exciting new gameplay and classes, but I may be in the minority

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I'd like to move forward instead of backwards and get exciting new gameplay and classes, but I may be in the minority
    The problem is that we aren't moving forward, at least not when it comes to classes' basic toolkits. These rental powers (artifacts, azerite, covenants) feel a lot like condoms: use and discard. At the end of the day, we are in the same place we started at, the lack of a new (permanent) talent row since WoD being perhaps the clearest example.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    One class in one situation. No go and check other classes guides from Wotlk.

... and then you use DMG macro with all slapped abilities into one button
    I don't need to check any guides, I play 3.3.5 regularly. There is not a single spec that is now more complex compared to WotLK. If you don't believe me, just stop reading guides and send me a message, I can show you the basics. WotLK PVP is a lot of fun and you can start doing PVP in matter of minutes on the server I play on (I can't mention any specific server, it is against the rules on this site AFAIK).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDjord View Post
    What? Arms Warrior is way less fun and skillful than it was back then.
    Nah, MoP's launch version of arms where you can build up to a 1million damage combo finisher.
    you gotta read the thread, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The problem is that we aren't moving forward, at least not when it comes to classes' basic toolkits. These rental powers (artifacts, azerite, covenants) feel a lot like condoms: use and discard. At the end of the day, we are in the same place we started at, the lack of a new (permanent) talent row since WoD being perhaps the clearest example.
    You're attempting to provide a counter argument to a point they didn't make? Why? They said they would to move forward not backward, they didn't say we are moving forward.

And I'm as much for pointless bar bloat as much as you imply you are, but how are you going to decide when I have enough pointless shit on my bars? When I need an addon because the base game doesn't have enough spaces?

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Of course I didn't. I played on pservers then. Still I knew about classes extremely boring rotation as you can check them now.

pretty much every class had their "opener macros" with all spells slapped together and damaging macro super easy rotation.

https://www.gnarlyguides.com/wotlk/g...pve-fire-mage/
    When i skim thru these guides it makes me wonder where is that "complexity" as there clearly is none.
    Oh I see. That's why you think WotLK classes weren't complex. Because you are reading PVE guides. If you want to compare class design complexity, you have to compare them in PVP. PVE is always easy, you just do your rotation and that's it, it does not matter if it is one button or five. Only in PVP you have to use your whole toolkit and react to your opponent moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    "Literally zero choice".

I can choose between crucible major for ST or copying meme beams or whatever for AoE when I do keys.

That's your argument gone invalid already. liTErALlY.

I can keep going for a while, if you want.
    They act like there were choices back then. Lol. It was the same shit. The vast majority of people just went online and copied whatever the theory theorycrafters said was the best.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You're attempting to provide a counter argument to a point they didn't make? Why? They said they would to move forward not backward, they didn't say we are moving forward.

And I'm as much for pointless bar bloat as much as you imply you are, but how are you going to decide when I have enough pointless shit on my bars? When I need an addon because the base game doesn't have enough spaces?
    The poster I quoted seemed to imply that we are in fact moving forward. But I might be wrong /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Oh I see. That's why you think WotLK classes weren't complex. Because you are reading PVE guides. If you want to compare class design complexity, you have to compare them in PVP. PVE is always easy, you just do your rotation and that's it, it does not matter if it is one button or five. Only in PVP you have to use your whole toolkit and react to your opponent moves.
    nice opinion you have there. Its a shame you can't tell the difference between that and fact.

- - - Updated - - -

The poster I quoted seemed to imply that we are in fact moving forward. But I might be wrong /shrug
    Not really. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

I can imagine the rivers of tears from Ret players... OMG MUH DMG SUX WTF BLIZZ FIX NAO, while conveniently forgetting that they had the some of the strongest utility in the entire game.
    The damage can't be any worse than ret on live (comparatively... obviously).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    I really liked combat rogue and hunter during lich king so I wouldn't mind. I'm not sure it was the best iteration of the classes though.
    hunter had 3 ranged specs, that alone makes it better than hunter in the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    go back to 3.3.5a classes? I feel like they were incredibly fun to play. Im not saying i want to replay wotlk content tho, just wish the classes in current retail were kinda like they were back then, most of them now feel pretty dull and boring.
    Yes, i want my Spellpower/spirit support class demo lock back.