Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I concede to that, but with essences -> corruption, they took one step forward, and ten steps back.
    dont worry, we get to get rid of all of it immediately when we enter the shadowlands. then we get to hear about how being weak is horrible lalalala...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    True lmao. Corruption is the worst system ever imo. I played a good bit of BFA before 8.3. 8.3 killed the expansion for me. So much so that it put BFA behind Cata for me.
    i cant wait for prepatch when corruption leaves. and certain classes get to remember what its like to do 0 damage. this place will be lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    dont worry, we get to get rid of all of it immediately when we enter the shadowlands. then we get to hear about how being weak is horrible lalalala...

- - - Updated - - -

i cant wait for prepatch when corruption leaves. and certain classes get to remember what its like to do 0 damage. this place will be lots of fun.
    The game existed and prospered long before corruption shat on the game, what's your point?

I don't know why they went with the rotating corruption vendor. Just have him sell everything and let that be the end of it. The prepatch is here in like 2 months or less anyway.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Pre patches are a mess anyway. And about feeling weak. I think peeps may be more bothered with the fact they are suddenly doing 2-3k deeps. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Well, gets disabled. It'll still be present on the pieces, just greyed out and doesn't actually do anything. Except for Gushing Wounds, which still causes a debuff(that does nothing).

Meanwhile, all Azerite effects are still in full swing, you can even still level your Heart in the Beta. But as soon as you enter the Shadowlands, they get surpressed.

Here's some food for thought: what will the excuse be for the HOA not working when we come back to Azeroth after Shadowlands? Considering they are bothering to make lore excuses versus "lol not current content" like old legendaries.

Alternatively we could never have another expansion on Azeroth or this is the last expansion, but both of these things seem very unlikely. Maybe something to do with Azeroth Titan waking up?

Raid looks fine. Not sure why normies are getting mad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Raid looks fine. Not sure why normies are getting mad at it.
    Because so far the design is rather limited. Some mechanics are clearly just shoenhorned in to give the kyrian potion a reason to exist and of all the encounters that could be tested almost all of them had 1 mechanic so far and not much else.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Here's some food for thought: what will the excuse be for the HOA not working when we come back to Azeroth after Shadowlands? Considering they are bothering to make lore excuses versus "lol not current content" like old legendaries.

Alternatively we could never have another expansion on Azeroth or this is the last expansion, but both of these things seem very unlikely. Maybe something to do with Azeroth Titan waking up?
    I was under the assumption that we were never supposed to keep the Heart of Azeroth. The reason we got it in the first place was to fill it with Azerite in order to eventually use it to stabilize the planet's worldsoul and stop Azeroth from bleeding out, right? I had always thought that at some point between BFA and the expansion afterwards, we would do just that, and give the Heart of Azeroth back to Azeroth, and give that story closure.

The Heart of Azeroth's purpose was to absorb the rifts of azerite spread throughout the world and in the process heal Azeroth. Since the world has been saved and azerite will most likely fade from the spotlight, storywise there is no other purpose that the Heart of Azeroth could have. Additionally, the Heart of Azeroth fell into the wrong hands during patch 8.2, when Azshara used it to free N'Zoth, which almost doomed the entire universe. It's easy to see why Magni and co. would want to get rid of that kind of power or at least keep it safe, to make sure it cannot fall into the wrong hands again.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Because so far the design is rather limited. Some mechanics are clearly just shoenhorned in to give the kyrian potion a reason to exist and of all the encounters that could be tested almost all of them had 1 mechanic so far and not much else.
    I'm sure its not that bad, raiding is pretty in terms of how good it is. I mean...least its not like Heroic Xanesh(Inquis lady)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is there some kind of XP buff active in the beta right now? I mean, I'm lvl 53 and have finished like 1/5 of Bastion.
    You're supposed to be 53 when you arrive at the Necrotic Wake (last chapter) (54 if you do the side quests)
    Last edited by Valysar; 2020-08-07 at 08:39 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think XP matter at all, since you probably need to finish Ravendreth (on main) to start anything and by then everyone will be 60. Probably best way for launch will be just doing main quest (and it's probably intended, since they even marked them) and leaving side stuff for level 60 or alts.

Necrotic wake is the dungeon at the end of Bastion levelling. So being level 53-54 is right about where you should be.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just surprised if leveling is meant to be this quick, it's a welcome change after all. But Necrotic Wake, isn't it like a dungeon somewhere deep in Maldraxxus? Not something that you do the moment you arrive there. It still feels like I'm way ahead of the supposed leveling curve.
    Necrotic Wake is part of Bastion being attacked by one of the Maldraxxus lords.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm just surprised if leveling is meant to be this quick, it's a welcome change after all. But Necrotic Wake, isn't it like a dungeon somewhere deep in Maldraxxus? Not something that you do the moment you arrive there. It still feels like I'm way ahead of the supposed leveling curve.
    From what I have seen, Bastion gives a lot of levels but it declines over time. I only did campaign quests as much as possible. I was well off in Bastion, got to Revendreth at 57, and finished it at 59. You need to do side quests to get to 60 questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Azerite wasn't really available before the end of Legion. By the time we return, Azeroth could have returned to that state. Note that the reason given for why it doesn't work in SL is that there are no significant azerite deposits nearby(it says so right on the Heart when you're in the Shadowlands).

You'll probably be using it until close to 60 if you've been leveling it till now, though. A level 95 Heart has iLvl 149, level 51 quest rewards aren't even 100.

This wow YouTuber was playing the beta and doing this monk pet build(very OP btw) and I realized he would be a great actor to play the Joker!
    Listen to his laugh but also imagine his hair being black and his face having clown makeup...
    https://youtu.be/CBt3QhUU_NA?t=405

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    This wow YouTuber was playing the beta and doing this monk pet build(very OP btw) and I realized he would be a great actor to play the Joker!
    Listen to his laugh but also imagine his hair being black and his face having clown makeup...
    https://youtu.be/CBt3QhUU_NA?t=405
    Okay.. not sure how that's relevant but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm sure its not that bad, raiding is pretty in terms of how good it is. I mean...least its not like Heroic Xanesh(Inquis lady)
    It's more about the general design philosphy that has me a bit worried. It's also testing and maybe Blizzard just tested differently this time, but after seeing the steams of the tests I'm not impressed with most of the encounters. At least if they are really supposed to be the heroic versions. Usually some overtuned stuff they claim to be heroic testing ends up in mythic, not sure about this time. With all the extra load when it comes to balancing due to the thousands of combinations I'm also worried how well they will handle balancing this time around.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-08-08 at 08:07 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.