Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    This game is close to perfect and easily the 2nd best Paper Mario game in the series.
    PM64 and TTYD exist so quite impossible. I also highly doubt I would like it more then SPM which has amazing writing even though it abandoned traditional PM style.

I appreciate your take but I don't think I would echo it.

Purchased Ryza last night, had a discount on the Switch e-shop. Hyped. Saw that vid for Ryza 2, even more hyped. Will try to play today.

Just a reminder that the Pokemon Tekken trial is active now for NSO users till august 4th.
    Found Weavile to be pretty fun, but so far not a big fan of it basically being based on Pokemon attacks, rather than a more Tekken control scheme, but still enjoyable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Purchased Ryza last night, had a discount on the Switch e-shop. Hyped. Saw that vid for Ryza 2, even more hyped. Will try to play today.
    Hm getting Fairy tail tommorow (btw made by same studio). Also why the hell it costs 70 euros digital when psyhical is 55.
    Here is a steam version for pc:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1233260/FAIRY_TAIL/

- - - Updated - - -

Update:
    The box comes with game cartridge (no download code thank god) and inside you have a bit of fanservice. Yeah for 12+ kids right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Picked up this last night and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm a sucker for Metroidvanias though, it's by far my favorite genre. With the exception of a couple things from Nintendo and Capcom, it's been about 5 years since I saw an "AAA" game that I thought was worth playing. Indie games are killing it now.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...pinner-switch/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Picked up this last night and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm a sucker for Metroidvanias though, it's by far my favorite genre. With the exception of a couple things from Nintendo and Capcom, it's been about 5 years since I saw an "AAA" game that I thought was worth playing. Indie games are killing it now.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...pinner-switch/
    I played that one through Game Pass, fantastic game and definitely worth a playthrough.

Just an FYI all the Nintendo LEGO sets are available from today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they need to fill the slots:

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, Nintendo charges full price for a port with a little extra content. Meanwhile The Last of Us Remastered which came out in the same year, is widely considered to be a masterpiece, and also has additional content over the original is sitting at 15 dollars on the Playstation Store.

I think Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with all these full priced 60 dollar ports and lack of price dropping on their games. I'd love to try out Pikmin 3 as I've never played one before or Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, but I'm not going to drop 60 dollars on them when there are games that are just as good or sometimes even better that I can get for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Once again, Nintendo charges full price for a port with a little extra content. Meanwhile The Last of Us Remastered which came out in the same year, is widely considered to be a masterpiece, and also has additional content over the original is sitting at 15 dollars on the Playstation Store.

I think Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot with all these full priced 60 dollar ports and lack of price dropping on their games. I'd love to try out Pikmin 3 as I've never played one before or Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, but I'm not going to drop 60 dollars on them when there are games that are just as good or sometimes even better that I can get for cheaper.
    Hey it's bullshit but people buy it. They pulled the same shit with DKCTF which was $20 at the time on Wii U(even was only $50 at launch) and it sold millions. Nintendo has conditioned their fans to pay $60 for games, even old ass ones they aren't shooting themselves in the foot until people stop buying them. People will buy it though.

I'm also ok with Nintendo not devaluing their games in most situations. But with Pikmin 3 and DKCTF it's like ok lol bro they where already devalued as $20 selects titles and you want to pretend they are $60 games still. They also just pulled the same shit they did with DKCTF and delisted then $20 version off the Wii U Eshop when they announced this lmao.

Also tip for anyone who still owns a Wii U, as of this post you can still get digital codes from best buy for Pikmim 1, 2 and 3 combined for the same price as this port of 3.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-08-05 at 10:01 PM.

is there something wrong with this thread? it shows 1415 pages but i if i click the page 1415 i get redirected to 1414 ...

EDIT: lol, after posting page 1415 disappeared ... must have been some weird caching problem i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    is there something wrong with this thread? it shows 1415 pages but i if i click the page 1415 i get redirected to 1414 ...

EDIT: lol, after posting page 1415 disappeared ... must have been some weird caching problem i guess
    This happens with really long threads on these boards sometimes

nothing new
    the forum has a hiccup

I really want to get into the Switch for stuff like Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros or Fire Emblem, but yeah paying full price (or close enough to it even for used console/games) even for games that are 1-2 years old is a bit on the expensive side for someone who spends a lot of their gaming budget on a PC and is then used to Steam sales and such to get the games cheaper. Tallying up the console, plus a non-shitty controller, plus 4 games is at least 800, probably 900 CND$. Think I'll pass for a while.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I really want to get into the Switch for stuff like Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros or Fire Emblem, but yeah paying full price (or close enough to it even for used console/games) even for games that are 1-2 years old is a bit on the expensive side for someone who spends a lot of their gaming budget on a PC and is then used to Steam sales and such to get the games cheaper. Tallying up the console, plus a non-shitty controller, plus 4 games is at least 800, probably 900 CND$. Think I'll pass for a while.
    *Looks at prices of Wii and Gamecube games*

They aren't going to get any cheaper except for the odd small discount or the very few Nintendo might make selects at end of console life. BoTW and SMO will probably eventually be selects because BoTW2 is happening and there will probably be another 3D Mario before the end of the gen but hard doubt on FE or Smash ever becoming a selects title.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    *Looks at prices of Wii and Gamecube games*

They aren't going to get any cheaper except for the odd small discount or the very few Nintendo might make selects at end of console life. BoTW and SMO will probably eventually be selects because BoTW2 is happening and there will probably be another 3D Mario before the end of the gen but hard doubt on FE or Smash ever becoming a selects title.
    Yeah, probably gonna have to dive into the used market to not have to break the piggy bank which sucks. Meanwhile AAAs like Doom Eternal are 50% off on Steam a few months after release! But Nintendo is Nintendo and they've always done their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, probably gonna have to dive into the used market to not have to break the piggy bank which sucks. Meanwhile AAAs like Doom Eternal are 50% off on Steam a few months after release! But Nintendo is Nintendo and they've always done their own thing.
    Doom Eternal was a great game but by most metrics it's sales where underwhelming, and it got absolutely murdered by AC in march. Which is the reason why other companies have to lower prices and Nintendo doesn't.

About the only time I remember Nintendo offering good deals was on the Wii U with a free game with MK8, the digital deluxe promotion and quickly dropping prices on games like W101 and DKCTF. Let's all be honest though, it was only a thing because the Wii U was selling like absolute garbage.

The only AAA franchise that I think reaches 15+ mil sales while still being sold at $60 is GTA, meanwhile Nintendo has multiple franchise that have done just that. Animal Crossing already over 22 mil lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-08-08 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tech614 View Post
    hey it's bullshit but people buy it. They pulled the same shit with dkctf which was $20 at the time on wii u(even was only $50 at launch) and it sold millions. Nintendo has conditioned their fans to pay $60 for games, even old ass ones they aren't shooting themselves in the foot until people stop buying them. People will buy it though.

I'm also ok with nintendo not devaluing their games in most situations. But with pikmin 3 and dkctf it's like ok lol bro they where already devalued as $20 selects titles and you want to pretend they are $60 games still. They also just pulled the same shit they did with dkctf and delisted then $20 version off the wii u eshop when they announced this lmao.

Also tip for anyone who still owns a wii u, as of this post you can still get digital codes from best buy for pikmim 1, 2 and 3 combined for the same price as this port of 3.
    pikmin 1 and 2 are on the wiiu?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pikmin 1 and 2 are on the wiiu?
    Yes, just the Wii versions not remasters or anything but they are available digitally on Wii U without having to go into Wii BC menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Doom Eternal was a great game but by most metrics it's sales where underwhelming, and it got absolutely murdered by AC in march. Which is the reason why other companies have to lower prices and Nintendo doesn't.

About the only time I remember Nintendo offering good deals was on the Wii U with a free game with MK8, the digital deluxe promotion and quickly dropping prices on games like W101 and DKCTF. Let's all be honest though, it was only a thing because the Wii U was selling like absolute garbage.

The only AAA franchise that I think reaches 15+ mil sales while still being sold at $60 is GTA, meanwhile Nintendo has multiple franchise that have done just that. Animal Crossing already over 22 mil lmao.
    You may sadly be right about Doom Eternal, but it's not the only game I saw on discount a few months after release. If memory serves AC:Odyssey was 35% off in December or January, and I know that one sold quite well, being one of the non-bad ACs.

Still, your point stands. GTA V only became 30 CND$ on Steam, what, less than a year ago I think? Before that it was close to full price, if discounted at basically every sale possible, much like RDR2 is full price but at a near permanent 20% off seems like.

I'm looking at a PS4 instead, and used with a few good games and a controller the bundle would cost me less than 500$. The difference really is quite significant, even considering that the Switch is a newer console.