https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status...75753626394627

Trump is hosting a news conference at his Bedminster property.

And guests are invited I guess?

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status...77898778025984

The conference setup does not appear to adhere to NJ rules on indoor gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In theory, a 51/49 Senate could "go nuclear" and send Biden some radical gun control laws. Could. Under current circumstances, seems like blowing your cooldowns on trash to do that.
    But a 51/49 Senate could go nuclear on the rules process itself. Eliminate the filibuster entirely. Pull a wide variety of shenanigans regarding judicial nominations. Pass huge swaths of legislation.

Then, in a lame duck session in December 2022, in the unfortunate event Republicans win the Senate, reinstate the filibuster as it was pre-Obama/Reid, and pass a new rule requiring cloture for further rules changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pretty sure that only applies to ads produced by the campaign itself.
    You could easily be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Wait wait. So if this relief bill isnt passed, we're fucked?
    You got it half correct.

If a relief bill is passed, then we are fucked.
    If a relief bill is NOT passed, then the pain we suffer will be infinitely greater.

If we are lucky, Biden will become President on January 20, 2021, and at that time there is a possibility of things starting to turn around. That's 5 and a half months away. If republicans maintain 51 Senate seats, they will have the power to prevent things from possibly getting better. But if democrats get to 50 Senate seats, then we got a shot.

Fingers crossed!

63,246 new cases; about 8k fewer than last Friday.

California: 7,904 new cases; 188 deaths
    Florida: 7,686 new cases; 180 deaths (*looks at camera* *rolls eyes*)
    Texas: 7,675 new cases; 228 deaths
    Georgia: 4,109 new cases; 91 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,432 new cases; 20 deaths
    Illinois: 2,103 new cases; 31 deaths
    Virginia: 2,015 new cases (new record); 18 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,778 new cases; 43 deaths
    Alabama: 1,709 new cases; 21 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,500 new cases; 61 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,422 new cases; 19 deaths
    Arizona: 1,406 new cases; 79 deaths
    Indiana: 1,239 new cases (new record); 10 deaths
    Ohio: 1,204 new cases; 33 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,036 new cases; 23 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,011 new cases; 6 deaths

Cases continue to drop off for the most part in the initial states and are still climbing in some secondary/tertiary states. You aren't seeing many new records listed above primarily because a lot of these states went through outbreaks early in April/May and haven't hit their highs from that period...yet. Many are hitting second- or third-highest totals. Virginia had a massive spike today. The number is going down nationally, but it's definitely not going away in many areas.

Deaths are down by a couple hundred compared to last Friday, but it's still 1,290, putting the US at 164,094 deaths. Again, there don't seem to be many records being set--but they're coming awfully close in many states. Georgia, for example, seems to be increasing both in terms of new cases and deaths right as they're sending students back to school. Total TRUMP SHITSHOW.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    It's up to US to keep it from spreading, not one man. If you can't accept that, move out of the country.
    One man is the President of the United States of America, and is holding an office with immense powers to help lead a country through a pandemic alongside Congress.

Trump has been golfing.

It's up to US to keep it from spreading, not one man. If you can't accept that, move out of the country.
    This guy disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by You
    I think it's disgusting to see some of the posts made in the "Politics" section. Why is there an area for discussion of that sort? There's tons of forum rules being broken there, yet many seem to go without warning.
    This site should focus on MMOs and things of that nature; branching into imaginary sciences makes the whole of mmo-champion.com come off a lot less credible and professional.

It's up to the person in the Oval Office to pass policy and direct US resources to keep the population of the US safe in a pandemic. Trump ignored warnings, downplayed the severity and continues to push for things to be "business as usual" when it's unsafe to do so. Trump is responsible for the deaths of thousands thanks to his inaction and idiocy. If you can't accept that, stay out of the thread.

EDIT:

UM...Trump now says he wants to sign an EO requiring health insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. This pretty much cements in my mind that he doesn't actually know what "Obamacare" is--he just hates that it has "Obama" in it.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-08-08 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People follow leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The conference setup does not appear to adhere to NJ rules on indoor gatherings.
    Hold on @Edge- you are posting fake news!

A crowd of supporters at President Trump's news conference in Bedminster, N.J., on Friday booed when a reporter pointed out that many of the guests lacked face masks as coronavirus cases were rising.

"You said that the pandemic is disappearing, but we lost 6,000 Americans this week and just in this room you have dozens of people who are not following the guidelines in New Jersey," a reporter said while asking Trump a question, prompting widespread boos from the crowd.

"You're wrong about that because it's a political activity," Trump argued. "And it's also a peaceful protest. To me they all look like they pretty much all have masks on."

The comment from Trump drew cheers from the supporters. He went on to argue the crowd was protesting the news media.

"You have an exclusion in the law it says peaceful protest," Trump continued. "I'd call it peaceful protest because they know you're coming up and they know the news is fake."
    See? Trump was very specific. It wasn't a rally, it was a peaceful protest against the press that came to the rally. Yes, they were protesting the reporters who came to cover their protest, that's how much they were protesting. And as your picture shows, they pretty much all have their mask on. See? Those three guys in the center are wearing a mask. That's pretty much all of them.

And you know you were wrong, because Trump said you were wrong and the maskless peaceful protesters cheered.

How dare you, @Edge- how dare you post such fake news. I demand a retraction. I'm suing. I'm issuing Breccecutive Orders. I'm having three scoops of ice cream. I'm going to have sex with Graham's wife. Bigly! Yuge! Covfefe!

(flips table)

(bone spurs offstage)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    UM...Trump now says he wants to sign an EO requiring health insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. This pretty much cements in my mind that he doesn't actually know what "Obamacare" is--he just hates that it has "Obama" in it.
    This is, sadly, nothing new. These folks love their fuckin' medicare but god help you if the government begins meddling in health care costs.

It's the logical extension of the 'BLUE TEAM BAD!!!' montra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump now says he wants to sign an EO requiring health insurance to cover pre-existing conditions.
    Sigh...

Trump considering order on pre-existing condition protections, which already exist

President Trump announced on Friday he will pursue an executive order requiring insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions, something that is already law.

The Affordable Care Act already requires insurers to cover pre-existing conditions. The Trump administration is currently arguing in a case before the Supreme Court to strike down that very law — including its pre-existing condition protections.

Even if this wasn’t already law, it’s unclear what authority the president has to unilaterally require insurers to cover pre-existing conditions.

What he's saying: "Over the next two weeks I'll be pursuing a major executive order requiring health insurance companies to cover all pre-existing conditions for all customers," the president said.

"That's a big thing. I've always been very strongly in favor. We have to cover pre-existing conditions so we will be pursuing a major executive order requiring health insurance companies to cover all pre-existing conditions for all of its customers. This has never been done before."

It has been done before — in the exact law Trump is trying to overturn.
    So I guess the question is, if the ACA did not exist, could Trump even do this? We saw the fight Obama had to go through for the ACA. If Obama could have just said "I hereby order every insurer to cover all pre-existing conditions" why didn't he just do that? Republicans did like to say Obama used too many executive orders. Why didn't Obama just do that?

Is it because executive orders don't have that ability? And if they do have that ability, why didn't Trump do this before? And I don't mean like July, or June, or May, or April. I mean when he said

Our Ruling

Trump tweeted that he "was the person who saved Pre-Existing Conditions in your healthcare."

The president had nothing to do with the ban on health insurance plans discriminating against people with preexisting conditions. This consumer protection is a core part of the health care law that became law during the Obama presidency. Trump has expressly supported the repeal of this law without offering a replacement that would keep the protection intact.

And to this day, his administration is arguing in court that the law – including this provision – should be undone.

The president’s tweet is not only untrue, but it misrepresents his administration’s efforts to repeal the health care law without offering any replacement that might maintain its core protections. We rate this claim Pants on Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, it really doesn't.

No, it really doesn't.

Many of your statements are just plain wrong.
    There not my statments there the the statments I agree with presented in the video, if you don't like it that's ur issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why are you arguing points you don’t understand? I’m not clicking a video, from a guy that last linked a Tim Pool video... fuck that...
    I first of all I've never linked a Tom pool vid. Other than that of you don't watch it don't bother commentating as most of your coments are addressed in the video, they guy is fair and lays blame equally on both political wings in the west for why China is rising in power, its a good well argued position

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Ok, sure. But I confess I can't be bothered to watch an hour long youtube video that dramatically oversimplifies facts to arrive at a predetermined conclusions. This isn't a matter of being willingly ignorant, it has more to do with not trusting random youtubers to get the nuance of geopolitical relationships down. If you had posted a 1 hour video about how NASA faked the moon landing, or on how Lizardpeople rule society, I would have the same response.

"It explains the points better than I can" is acknowledgement that you do not understand the situation, and thus do not understand why they are nonsense. Anything seems plausible if presented confidentially with no opposing viewpoints, to an audience that knows little and is willing to believe anything.

So believe whatever you want I guess, doesn't change the fact that all this crazy handwaving that China is going to conquer the world is pure nonsense. It feeds China's own delusions of grandeur, and serves no other purpose.
    It's an hr long because it dosnt over simplify he litteraly goes through 3000 years of Chinese history to make his argument, of you can't be arsed to listen to his argument then wtf are you bothering to rebute?

Listen to it, try to take his argument in, then rebutenit if you must but don't just offf hand discredit some one who put more effort in his argument that you hae ever put effort into anything in your life

10+ Year Old Account
    When that "one man" is the head honcho of the government executive, it is absolutely up to him too.

It's downright dishonest to try to disassociate Trump with the disaster that is US response to the pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    There not my statments there the the statments I agree with presented in the video, if you don't like it that's ur issue
    It is your statement, when you agree with it. You can’t rationing what you agree with? What? The above only displays cowardice... nothing more...

First of all I've never linked a Tom pool vid. Other than that of you don't watch it don't bother commentating as most of your coments are addressed in the video, they guy is fair and lays blame equally on both political wings in the west for why China is rising in power, its a good well argued position
    Yeah, you did and there is 0 chance that video has anything of value, when the man promoting it, can’t even do it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Vote as early as you possibly can, folks, and track your mail-ins where available:

Postal Service overhauls leadership as Democrats press for investigation of mail delays

Twenty-three postal executives were reassigned or displaced, the new organizational chart shows. Analysts say the structure centralizes power around DeJoy, a former logistics executive and major ally of President Trump, and de-emphasizes decades of institutional postal knowledge.
    Trump and his lackey DeJoy are doing EVERYTHING they can to ratfuck the process.

Vote as early as you possibly can, folks, and track your mail-ins where available:

Postal Service overhauls leadership as Democrats press for investigation of mail delays

Trump and his lackey DeJoy are doing EVERYTHING they can to ratfuck the process.
    Fuck, shit like this is going to take years to fix.

Trump warned us it would be rigged, and thanks to projection we know how and why.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

We're watching the President of the United States openly troll the fuck out of the country, specifically "the libs", while simultaneously continue his attempts to functionally dismantle one area of government after another.

And Republicans were ready to go the fuck home for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Trump warned us it would be rigged, and thanks to projection we know how and why.
    Was there ever any doubt? The moment he said that, anyone with a functioning brain knew (or should've atleast) that THEY are going to rig it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    The statements you made are not the same ones made in the video, so no, the video does not back up what you said.

You a) don't seem to fully understand the points that were made in the video, and b) seem unable to defend the statements that you made in this thread.

I'd say that's "ur issue".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils