Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If water was considered a human right in the US, the people of Flint would probably have some by now?

Holy fuck,

Grasping at straws in your quest to polarize things OP. No wonder theres no reasonable discussion when you weaponise everything to suit your anti librul narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Holy fuck,

Grasping at straws in your quest to polarize things OP. No wonder theres no reasonable discussion when you weaponise everything to suit your anti librul narrative.
    It’s ridiculous... people are acting like these people will die without electricity or water, instead of spreading a disease that is already killing people.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm sorry dear, your pathetic attempt to equate discouraging people intentionally spreading a virus during a pandemic that has killed 160,000 people in the country with abuses of police power that sparked all those protests has failed. Try again.

Employee the same tactics police have been using against protesters? Riot gear, pepper spray, and patrol cars. Or maybe they can just abduct them when they are leaving the house in unmarked vehicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    so what aout homes that rely on electricity for health reasons? Oxygen tanks, insulin? What happens if someone in their house has a party and gets the electricity shut off
    Oxygen tanks and insulin don't rely on electricity, I am somewhat concerned that you apparently aren't aware of that.

And what happens when someone has a party and their electricity gets shut off? I would assume their party either ends or they find some flashlights and/or candles, but then again I don't really view partying as "essential" to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

You don't think water is a human right? I just want that on record.
    It should be, but it clearly isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have breathing problems to the point your on oxygen, AND then you have some big party?

Frankly leave that dumbass in their home if they get covid, save the ICU beds for the people that tried to avoid it and still caught it.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to say. Anyone who is so... disgusting a human being... that they would host a large house party during a pandemic of a respiratory disease in the very home of a person who is in such a vulnerable state of physical health that an interruption in power or water would endanger their life? That person should be arrested and thrown in jail for reckless endangerment. Along with every single other person who attended the party.

If that's the best straw man you can come up with as to why this is a bad idea, I'm sorry, but the Mayor is far from the villain of that particular scenario.

Oh, won't anyone think of the people constantly violating city/county/state ordinances and throwing dangerous house parties because they don't give a shit about anyone's health?

I mean, are we serious here? Actually reading into it, this seems to be a problem that's more prevalent on short term rentals, so ain't nobody living in them for that many guests to be staying there and if they're constantly renting out their house as a party house then they definitely should be penalized for doing that during a fucking pandemic. The other spot seems to be mansions. For like, rich people. Who like, aren't gonna die if they lose power and water. They can move to their second condo in the city and begin the cycle anew.

Beyond that, this is a proposed consequence, only for repeat offenders that's designed to serve as a deterrent when warnings and eventually fines fail to address the behavior.

This ain't the city shutting off water because people are too poor to afford to pay water bills. That's not a choice, that's poverty.

This is the city using the threat of cutting off utilities as a last resort for people who choose to repeatedly violate safety orders and put the entire community at risk. And honestly, if you're throwing that many fuckin ragers I'm sure you have a friends couch you can crash on or can afford to stay in a motel for a little bit while you think about how much of a fucking douchebag you are.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-08-08 at 07:09 AM.

Mistakes were made

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Oxygen tanks and insulin don't rely on electricity, I am somewhat concerned that you apparently aren't aware of that.

And what happens when someone has a party and their electricity gets shut off? I would assume their party either ends or they find some flashlights and/or candles, but then again I don't really view partying as "essential" to life.

Then should I be somewhat be concerned that apparently you also have erroneous and out dated information? The newer oxygen machines are not the old tank type you may be thinking of. They are actually PLUGGED into the electrical sockets in your home to charge the battery packs used to run the machine which CREATES oxygen. Users no longer have to carry around pre-filled explosive tanks that can run out. Secondly, Insulin does in fact rely on electricity in a sense. Insulin SHOULD be kept cooled until opened. On top of that most people received more than one vial or pen. Seeing as most modernized people have some sort of refrigeration device, they keep it in there. Most of these devices use electricity to operate. Ergo, insulin can claim to need electricity for storage. So actually the original comment was correct, Both oxygen and insulin do rely on a power sorce.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a bit disingenuous of the OP and an attempt at "democrats bad"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boi...
    The USA is part of the UN and the UN definded water a human right in 2010. It defines how much water should cost @matheney2k yes this is covered.
    How far away the water source can be at max.
    But the most important thing in context with "parties" is sanitation. (Cause lets be fair americans drink bottled water only anyways)
    No water means no toilet, no shower and no washing hands.
    It all depends on how long the water is turned off, if it is just for an hour to disperse the party might be fine in my opinion but if it is for days thats BS.
    I am no fan of parties during a pandemic but I am also no fan of violating human rights.
    Guess defunding the police was the right move during these times, can't enforce the law lets turn of water and electricity

Source: https://www.un.org/waterforlifedecad...to_water.shtml

10+ Year Old Account
    Physically accessible. Everyone has the right to a water and sanitation service that is physically accessible within, or in the immediate vicinity of the household, educational institution, workplace or health institution. According to WHO, the water source has to be within 1,000 metres of the home and collection time should not exceed 30 minutes.
    Unless they shut off all the water within 1,000 meters I don't see how they could be in violation.
    /s

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Los Angeles mayor (Democrat) is vowing to shut off water and power to homes hosting parties or gatherings.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/los-ang...es-gatherings/
    It seems a bit pathetic

"If you recklessly endanger other peoples lives you cant have water or electricty while you do it"

Shouldnt reckless endangerment of other peoples lives and health be a crime?

Insulin needs refrigerated.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

lol, did we seriously let a thread about dipshits throwing parties during a pandemic turn into a thread about "BUT WHAT IF SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE NEEDS INSULIN OR OXYGEN?!!!" Fucking pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Not sure why they'd have to go this far... Just punish them with fines or jail-time like every other nation does?
    You think jail is less of a punishment than turning off water and electricity to the party? What?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suliso View Post
    Guess defunding the police was the right move during these times, can't enforce the law lets turn of water and electricity
    What crime would justify police? Why would you want these people to go to jail? That’s extreme...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    lol, did we seriously let a thread about dipshits throwing parties during a pandemic turn into a thread about "BUT WHAT IF SOMEONE IN THE HOUSE NEEDS INSULIN OR OXYGEN?!!!" Fucking pathetic.
    It didn't turn into anything, this is what it was from the start.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Insulin needs refrigerated.
    Why are people on insulin, at a covid spreading party? Suicide or murder?

FYI:

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/emergency-...ucts-emergency
    Insulin products contained in vials or cartridges supplied by the manufacturers (opened or unopened) may be left unrefrigerated at a temperature between 59°F and 86°F for up to 28 days and continue to work. However, an insulin product that has been altered for the purpose of dilution or by removal from the manufacturer’s original vial should be discarded within two weeks.
    Why are you trying to encourage actions, that kill Americans? You obviously have no clue about the shit you are talking about, but still insist in defending people spreading a pandemic. Why? Why is making shit up about insulin so important, when you know what covid has done?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-08 at 12:17 PM.