Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=317...rs-on-sulfuras

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    I'm on Sulfuras, we are all having a blast, at least horde side after we denied Grizzly, the ally guild that griefed many people, from getting scarab lord. 600 man horde effort at the Caverns of Time shut them down, no matter how many different tricks they employed. Gates are open, the horde stands victorious, all is right in the world.

Quite a few people seem to be disillusioned with Classic for sure, but what were they expecting? Nostalgia can't make up for the actual experience when it was new.

But it'll always have a loyal following and as long as at least a couple servers stay full in every region, that's all it needs.

Thats only the case on high pop servers. the VAST majority of servers will take several weeks to complete the war effort.

Literally interpreted, Brack was wrong. The simpler, slower, deeper, eclectic game with heavy RPG design is still quite fun. Classic pulled in millions, especially from lapsed customer segments, and retains enough even now to be considered a success. Modern WoW is different but not categorically better.

Figuratively, Brack *did* have a point. Many if not most players left playing live WoW want something other than what Vanilla provides. Today, it's about Blizzard fending off content-vacuums with design functioning as a giant slot machine spitting out easy highs. Then...it was an experience and a self-defined, emergent adventure. I got my money's worth, no doubt.

I knew I didn't, and I don't worked for me.

When did the success of Classic become contingent on it being exactly the same subjective experience as it was all those years ago? We knew from the start it would be a completely different experience, but with enough of the raw ingredients to still result in something unattainable anywhere else and enjoyable in its own right, and that is exactly what it is proving to be. Brack has already been proven utterly wrong by the fact Classic is still going strong almost a year later.

Maybe Brack was right all along. I wouldn't be suprised if Blizzard knew all along that this would happen (give or take a few hours/days). It shouldn't be hard to predict that the community would just blast over any kind of unique experience that made classic what it was. Classic wasn't hard, but it was unique. This just looks like people playing the game with "how-to" guide in their hand.
    I had more fun leveling in class than I have had playing wow anytime since mop.
    HOWEVER end game for classic is very very bad one you dont need dungeon gear anymore. It becomes really unfun unless your doing wpvp.

I just want the classic feeling of loot and mobs, no flying, no hero complex and simple armors (Not this lame giant shoulder pad details)
    + m+/arena/current pve

Oh and strip all the mobile game design stuff that plagues current wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    More guilds bring the player and not the class than any expansion.
    What on earth is this? That is completely false on every level. If you are saying "hey i joined this guild and they are happy for me to play [insert horrible dps/tank] then thats fine, good for you - but how is that less true in any other time of wows history?

They waited too long to release classic. I got my fill of it elsewhere and then they shut down the servers I was enjoying. Releveling classic several times in a row pretty much killed any desire to play classic on retail.

That's my reason why I'm not playing classic anyway. I nolifed the crap out of it before blizz shut down the classic servers I was playing on though.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I'm on Sulfuras, we are all having a blast, at least horde side after we denied Grizzly, the ally guild that griefed many people, from getting scarab lord. 600 man horde effort at the Caverns of Time shut them down, no matter how many different tricks they employed. Gates are open, the horde stands victorious, all is right in the world.
    So basically people on Classic servers respond to trolling....with trolling of their own. Those Horde deserve to get banned as much as the Alliance players did.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    People have known the requirements for 15 years and gathered them beforehand, therefore they don't want to play the game?

Exactly on how many levels of mental gymnastics are you on right now?
    I don't know why the thread didn't stop here. Is there really anything to add ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So basically people on Classic servers respond to trolling....with trolling of their own. Those Horde deserve to get banned as much as the Alliance players did.
    Actually we responded to griefing with good old fashion world pvp

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Actually we responded to griefing with good old fashion world pvp
    I saw videos of what happened. That wasn't "good old fashioned world pvp". It was just more griefing.

i've enjoyed raiding but I wasn't under any illusion that non-raid days would be rolling in excitement, during the summer i've raid logged pretty hard just logged in to raid then logged off after it, barely handed anything in for the wareffort or bothered to help the septer bearer. but I have managed to progress further than I did the first time which was about all I wanted from this. I don't really enjoy tanking as fury is what i've learned. its funny really because I think tanking in classic was alright in the beginning you can get away with being prot, later on the damage ppl do forces you to be fury there is a period of time where you feel like a tank, in tbc I know threat was better but I also remember tanks being spongy and easily getting gibbed going back to them not really feeling like tanks. I enjoyed it in the beginning but the try harding makes it not fun.

I've enjoyed collecting gear and killing bosses I didn't get to kill the first time so it has been worth it I think, perhaps if I can fix my dps gear it won't be so bad right now I have very good tanking gear but only mediocre dps gear (the problem with the game in a nut shell is that there are a few bits of gear everyone wants and loads of shit gear noone wants) tanking for me just becomes less and less fun as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Can the salty retail people just fucking give up already? Christ almighty. I personally don't even play classic anymore because It wasn't really my thing. this is just getting sad now.
    They never will mate, they're just salty that Classic is much more popular and retail is steaming garbage. I guess I'd be mad too if a game I loved went from 12 million subs to <1 million because of how bad it's gone.

I think classic is boring too but dude, don't be a dick. Different people like different things.

3+ Year Old Account
    I have really enjoyed Classic WoW, but man, there is literally zero to do if you don't want to spend 10-hours a day pvp ranking. I log in on a non-raid day, and I ask myself: what can I do? Five seconds later, I'm logging off and logging in on a TBC pserver.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    ???

Such as?

As far as I can see... WoW Classic is entirely for elitists and not at all friendly for a wider market.
    To me, Allen Brack was absolutely right.
    As a classic player myself on a realm that hasnt turned in everything needed, it does not derive my experience at all that others have. Good for them! I enjoy and play the game at my pace, just like so many others. What I can tell you is that classic has brought back a much needed mmorpg feel I havent had in years! Just an example yesterday evening I and 5 others were doing the arathi elite quests in Stormgarde. A lonely deuid tagged along and assisted in doing it. After we had downed otto and falcon crest I had a chat with the druid and he needed help so we waited and helped him afterwards killing those two again. Now that would not have happend on retail, go find yourself another group yourself nab or something like that would have been the mentality. Afterwards I assisted a couple of guys killing the elite ogres in Stormgarde, without a healer we kited them. Now I or 2 others had no quests there but we stayed and helped none the less! That for me is what classic is all about. So hell yes I thought I wanted it, and hell yes I do want a game like that, where people help eachother without the need for anything for themselves!

Bait thread trying to flame people. Good moderation.

"There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"