Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new book spoilers

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love to see thoughts of those two about amberstill ranch.

How can this be spoilers when it doesn't tell anything new?

What book? It isn't from the shadow rising, is it?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-08-08 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What book? It isn't from the shadow rising, isn't it?
    World of Warcraft: Exploring Azeroth: The Eastern Kingdoms

In-universe guidebook written by Mathias and Flynn.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2020-08-08 at 11:16 AM.

Flynn and Shaw are a lot less stilted when written by Golden than by Roux for whatever reason.

Though you can tell it's Golden by how 2/3rds of the Tirisfal text is about Arthas's horse.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Flynn and Shaw are a lot less stilted when written by Golden than by Roux for whatever reason.

Though you can tell it's Golden by how 2/3rds of the Tirisfal text is about Arthas's horse.
    Ahaha. The -only- thing worth knowing about Tirisfal is that Arthas used to be in those parts.

What s dumb book.

I like the valuation that is made of lorthemar

3+ Year Old Account
    so what's the someone he knows?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What's dumb about it? It's world building and quite sweet
    Because its like saying "And here we have America. It's where Donald Trump buys his suits."

It's a book about exploring the Eastern Kingdoms and making most of the entry on Tirisfal about one person is kind of dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I like the rather lighthearted tone after the general doom and gloom of BfA in general. Flynn's liner notes and asides are also humorous - this will likely be an enjoyable read when it comes out.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I am entirely here for Shaw and Flynn squabbling in the footnotes. Frankly I'll buy it just for that. It's just too cute and funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I am shocked the most popular warcraft character got talked about a lot
    Yeah but this book is meant to be in universe where most people kind of hate Arthas with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    I am entirely here for Shaw and Flynn squabbling in the footnotes. Frankly I'll buy it just for that. It's just too cute and funny.
    I'm honestly tempted after seeing that. It's pretty nice to see how they gave character to the book instead of making it just a boring guide.

So it's confirmed that Tirisfal is still in Forsaken hands, yes? This was all recorded by Shaw and Flynn after the Fourth War? So much for the Alliance's "revenge for Teldrassil".
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Oh my god.
    1) Flynn now has a pet parrot named Matthias
    2) That's clearly Matthias's notes in the margins. "You beautiful but ridiculous dolt." Oh my stars.
    3) This is the first we've seen an alliance character discussing what a douchebag Garithos was.
    4) I love the grandiose description of Lawbringer armor, aka the Bananadin set. Man, it looks so much cooler in the concept art.

Definitely getting this book.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-08-09 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Oh my god.
    1) Flynn now has a pet parrot named Matthias
    2) That's clearly Matthias's notes in the margins. "You beautiful but ridiculous dolt." Oh my stars.
    3) This is the first we've seen an alliance character discussing what a douchebag Garithos was.
    4) I love the grandiose description of Lawbringer armor, aka the Bananadin set. Man, it looks so much cooler in the concept art.

Definitely getting this book.
    Naming a parrot after your boyfriend - that's a mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Because its like saying "And here we have America. It's where Donald Trump buys his suits."

It's a book about exploring the Eastern Kingdoms and making most of the entry on Tirisfal about one person is kind of dumb.
    Here is Tirisfal Glades, Lordaeron’s version of Westfall except with giant spiders and the Forsaken stinking up the place.

Better?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Here is Tirisfal Glades, Lordaeron’s version of Westfall except with giant spiders and the Forsaken stinking up the place.

Better?
    Well if the job was to make the former seat of the Kingdom of Lordaeron and the place where the people of Quel Thalas arrived on their way from Kalimdor, a sight of myriad tragedies and secrets seem less interesting than my toenails, you did a stellar job.

Reminds me a lot of the similar Star Wars books "Path of the Jedi" and "Book of Sith" which were in-universe lore explanations with an in-universe commentary by their respective owners. i.e. Luke commenting on Palpatines ravings when he found the "Book of Sith" after the Emperor exploded with the Deathstar, or on the old Jedi Order teachings when he found the "Path of the Jedi" in Obi-Wans hut.

These pieces are nice and immersive so this book will likely be too. And we do have the premise of non-omnicient authors writing as a given, so people do not have to debate it's canonicity. It is canon but it is also biased and limited.

But of course I know several people on this forum who will take one look at the cover and decry what a bad book it is solely because it is written by Christie. Oh well.