What class do you find the most fun for BGs (solo)

Hi, im abit of a loner.

Hence the question in the ; What class do you find the most fun for BGs and most importantly - why?

Thanks in advance.

I have most fun as Havoc Demon Hunter in BGs. Good self sustain healing, decent defensives, good damage, mobile. Great for solo as you can win a lot of 1vs1 while you also do good in bigger fights.

And Holy Paladin I do as well. Always nice to have a healer in BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're solo you want a class that's good at keeping itself alive. I'd say that's either warlock, paladin, or DK.

Rogue: you can just go stealth and do your own business in most normal BGs. Not the best choice for most Epic BGs though, with AV being an exception. If you don't mind being useless in Ashran and Wintergrasp i would pick up a Rogue (Assassination) or a Feral Druid.

You also can't go wrong with Monk or Paladin: they both have 2 very strong and fun specs for BGs: MW/WW Monk and Holy/Ret (even Protection) Paladin.

If you prefer range: Destro Warlock, Fire Mage.

If you want an easy mode: Havoc DH, Frost DK.

Avoid: Enhancement Shaman, Arms Warrior.

fire mage with haste corruption spamming gpyros, its fun everywhere you go, no matter if its epic or a small bg.

Its especially effective in unorganized pvp.

Melee, DH of course and he is great in rbgs as well.

BM hunter.

There is nothing that regularly beats me in 1v1, and I don't even use a spirit beast, I just use double raptor pet because I found out I get way more value out of Master's Call removing roots and slows and making me immune to them for 4 seconds, than from a shitty heal and an offensive dispel that doesn't even work on melee specs.

Only things I have issues with are locks of any spec, but then I can easily just bail from any such fight because locks can't chase jackshit, and unholy dks because they're god damn livelords in 1v1 against something with the shitty burst of a BM hunter. Everything else is fair game.
    I honestly don't understand why people say BM is mediocre at PVP, I guess BM is bad in arena? I wouldn't know, I don't do arena at all, but in 1v1 BM is basically in the top 3 duelists.

This will likely change in SL as BM is apparently dogshit and no one plays it in the beta, and MM will have the same issues it always had when facing melee specs in pvp, despite having baseline Binding Shot in SL. One CC won't turn a zero into a hero.
    So I'm considering rerolling to Ret in SL if both BM and MM are bad at 1v1 in SL, I'm not hellbent on playing BM, but I WON'T play survival no matter how good it may be in SL.

The most fun I ever had in WoW since its launch, tbh, was playing a MM hunter in MoP.
    Back then Camouflage was baseline (I think?) and its cd started the moment you activated it, not the moment it ended like in Legion and shit, so you could basically just stay in Camou indefinitely as long as you reactivated it the moment it ended. And I would go into bgs and guard flags, and whenever someone would come to cap it I would wind up an aimed shot from stealth, which hit like a truck, and then take things from there, or the sitting in camo at LM in Arathi Highlands, and whenever someone came to cap, I would use an explosive trap to knock them off the hill.

Yeah, those were the best times. But then Blizzard removed fun in favor of their fucking math.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-08-08 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    I honestly don't understand why people say BM is mediocre at PVP, I guess BM is bad in arena? I wouldn't know, I don't do arena at all, but in 1v1 BM is basically in the top 3 duelists.
    Exactly, arena is most of the time considered to be done along with a healer and in 1vs1 between dd specs, you don't have that, naturally class specs with pets and dmg from range, that is kinda unavoidable who can kite is considered one of the better 1vs1 specs out there, other than that you only have stealth shenigans.

So I'm considering rerolling to Ret in SL if both BM and MM are bad at 1v1 in SL, I'm not hellbent on playing BM, but I WON'T play survival no matter how good it may be in SL.
    What do you hate about survival? And why a Ret? I think the closest thing to a BM hunter is an Unholy DK, he can kite well and his dmg is unavoidable no matter the mobility of your opponent's class. I mained Uh DK for many expansions since wrath, and will probably continue to do so in SL, gameplay seems in a good place in SL. Never heard a streamer talking much about Rets?

or the sitting in camo at LM in Arathi Highlands, and whenever someone came to cap, I would use an explosive trap to knock them off the hill.
    Nice. Last time i pushed people from that hill, was as a lvl19 Kul Tiran Rogue, sap from stealth and haymaker, its really fun, but fat rogues in stealth looks weird, but also fun in a way. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    What do you hate about survival? And why a Ret? I think the closest thing to a BM hunter is an Unholy DK, he can kite well and his dmg is unavoidable no matter the mobility of your opponent's class.
    Two reasons:
    1. Mongoose Bite
    2. Wildfire Infusion

I literally cba playing with these gimmicks, and sadly both of these are meta as fuck, so not taking these talents severely gimps you.
    I would give it a shot if these talents are reworked to be more passive and not require so much attention, or other talents become real options.

I absolutely HATE gimmicks like short cds that give you resources, or stacking debuffs that you must watch for, and Survival is just THAT! GIMMICKY!
    I like straightforward specs where you put up 1 or 2 (at most) debuffs and/buffs and then follow up with at most 4 repeatable keys, and most importantly don't require you to constantly keep an eye on the target's debuffs.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-08-08 at 01:12 PM.

BM hunter is pretty fun solo.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Shadow priest and MW monk.

Shadow priest in bgs and world pvp is the most fun thing for me in this game.

MM Hunter by far.

Hi-Explosive Trap and Bursting Shot can make for some very entertaning moments. We have so much utility, damage and mobility. I can go full BG's without dying. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    Shadow priest and MW monk.

Shadow priest in bgs and world pvp is the most fun thing for me in this game.
    Ive not played alot of other speccs, but always loved spriest in bgs. Alot of dmg in general, just doting up absolutely everything you can see and mind control ppl. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fragnot77 View Post
    Hi, im abit of a loner.

Hence the question in the ; What class do you find the most fun for BGs and most importantly - why?

Thanks in advance.
    Resto druid. Good mobility as a healer

I like Rogue in this case because they are such pain in the neck for others and I like when people start getting mad

Arcane mage is the only answer. If you're half decent noone can ever kill you.