Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New build today... Always the same

Spriest got 2 reworks in a row Warlock still same... i think they need to give us some love we gonna still shit in m+ compared to some classes

3+ Year Old Account
    Both Destro and Affli are super strong and Affliction has received substantial changes.

Erm, Demo has already had a rework. Destro is strong in PvP and Affli is strong in raids. Don't know how well Demo is doing with the new changes since numbers aren't reliable on beta bit it plays better.

The spec that really is dead from the ranged classes is Arcane. It's been dead for 2 expansions at least.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Other than small tweaks, locks don't need anything. The biggest changed needed was an interrupt for Demo, which it got, even if its a lousy one.

As for M+, Maldraxxus destro looks absurd for damage. Demo will continue to be competitive at M+, especially with an interrupt and the reworked EP legendary. Aff will have some ability to do better AoE, so it might be ok for M+ now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raia View Post
    Spriest got 2 reworks in a row Warlock still same... i think they need to give us some love we gonna still shit in m+ compared to some classes
    So you don't play on the beta at all. Destruction and Affliction will be more than fine in M+. New affliction is significantly better than BFA affliction and destro is still strong as hell in general. Demo is a bit awkward but not too far off.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    U kidding, boy?

Affliction probably got the most changes of all specs so far. One build they do something for Spriest and suddenly it's sky falling mode?

Shadow had fundamental problems because it had a design that was extremely hard to balance as narrowly as they want modern specs balanced, Lock specs haven't had such issues. I'm fairly happy about how they've tweaked talents, making shadowburn more interesting, fixing the issue with Grimoire of Supremacy and adding a new style via Roaring Blaze. They also brought back a bunch of utility like curses and baseline port. Affliction got some major changes as well. Basically I feel like I got most of what I've been asking for. The only thing I think they should still change is Focused Chaos for pvp, I'd like to see baseline incinerate and cbolts be a bit stronger and more infrequent and Focused Chaos scrapped. But overall I feel like locks have little to complain about so far.

Spriest got 2 reworks in a row
    Yeah but it's not going to make the spec any better.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    U kidding, boy?

Affliction probably got the most changes of all specs so far. One build they do something for Spriest and suddenly it's sky falling mode?
    Some people want changes for the sake of changes. And when they finally get those, they get the broken BFA Spriest... Hopefully Blizzard is ignoring people like OP and just tweaking the numbers for locks a bit more, because it feels good to play the three specs on beta (though Demo still seems a bit off).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Some people want changes for the sake of changes. And when they finally get those, they get the broken BFA Spriest... Hopefully Blizzard is ignoring people like OP and just tweaking the numbers for locks a bit more, because it feels good to play the three specs on beta (though Demo still seems a bit off).
    I want the specs to be enjoyable to play again. They made all 3 specs designs worse with the legion overhaul and they to this point still haven't gotten back to a good place. Affliction is the only one of the 3 receiving any significant changes (though I can't say if they're for the better or not yet as I don't have beta), and if one didn't like how destro / demo have played for the last 2 xpacs they're definitely not going to like them come shadowlands.

I just subbed again this past week to knock out some things that are going away come prepatch. When I hopped on my warlock the best way I could describe it was that it felt like going back to your old home town that you've since moved away from and at first it feels like home and you're all nostalgic then you take a look around and nothing is where it was. All those things you loved about it have been replaced and or cheapened. Its not the town you grew up in anymore.

And of course you'd want that back.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Destro in Shadowlands

Demo and Affliction in Shadowlands

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your specs work well, and you have three good options.

Priests' only DPS spec has to be perfect, because they have no other DPS options. It wasn't working very well, hence the changes.

Stop being envious.

demo had 2 reworks in 2 expansions, both aff and destro play fine on live, sure destro is a bit boring and could use some procs, but the spec isnt broken as shadowpriest was for the whole of BfA

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Your specs work well, and you have three good options.

Priests' only DPS spec has to be perfect, because they have no other DPS options. It wasn't working very well, hence the changes.

Stop being envious.
    So my DH have to be perfect too? including the talents? Im calling blizzard, they are not doing this right by me, our talents are HORRIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    So you don't play on the beta at all. Destruction and Affliction will be more than fine in M+. New affliction is significantly better than BFA affliction and destro is still strong as hell in general. Demo is a bit awkward but not too far off.
    Demo is absolute trash, it's way behind the other two specs and short of being brute force overtuned in numbers output, the mechanical flaw of a worse version of a dot spec with worse target switching than affliction and longer ramp up and so much of its flow locked behind hardcasts is not being addressed.

Demo is a dumpster fire spec.

The Legion rework destroyed it and the BFA "rework" was merely a patch-up that barely changed the spec from how it plays in Legion besides demonic empowerment spam.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    So my DH have to be perfect too? including the talents? Im calling blizzard, they are not doing this right by me, our talents are HORRIBLE.
    Nah, DH is fine. Famous class and all, people love playing it.

rogues are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    rogues are even worse.
    Rogues? NO ONE IS EVEN PLAYING BM HUNTER ON THE BETA BECAUSE IT'S DOGSHIT!

i knew once shadow got reworked that everyone was going to expect the same for their class.

classes are getting changes. no class is getting that many changes again anytime soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Rogues? NO ONE IS EVEN PLAYING BM HUNTER ON THE BETA BECAUSE IT'S DOGSHIT!
    Dog shit how? Numbers? Are peeps are harping at numbers at this stage of beta, because spec plays pretty much the same?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.