23 postal executives were reassigned or displaced in today’s shakeup. The new structure centralizes power around a Trump megadonor and de-emphasizes decades’ worth of institutional postal knowledge. ✉️ https://t.co/IZ2eLhtXQc
    https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/sta...828259331?s=19

It's happening people. Trump is trying to take this election. Again could possibly another impeachment offense of suppressing democracy, but hey only the 4th or 5th time.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The statements you made are not the same ones made in the video, so no, the video does not back up what you said.

You a) don't seem to fully understand the points that were made in the video, and b) seem unable to defend the statements that you made in this thread.

I'd say that's "ur issue".
    The video did exactly say what my statments were, it went through how Europe built its empires and I've only ehoed it, don't comment unless you bothered watching the video.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It is your statement, when you agree with it. You can’t rationing what you agree with? What? The above only displays cowardice... nothing more...

Yeah, you did and there is 0 chance that video has anything of value, when the man promoting it, can’t even do it.
    Then find it if you think I did, but I certainly don't rember ever linking one to any one.

Not that it has anyrelvence to the topic of the video I just posted, if ad hominim is you're only defence of trump then good luck with the election bud.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-08 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

I saw that article twice and thought she was hit by a bat and was shaking my head at people for being so reckless... But bitten by a bat? Yikes...
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting rabies is no joke, that she prioritizes getting in touch with healthcare after an experience like that isn't anything strange.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Getting rabies is no joke, that she prioritizes getting in touch with healthcare after an experience like that isn't anything strange.
    I don't think Breccia was suggesting seeking medical help after being bitten is "strange". The headline itself is just bonkers.

Meanwhile, how fucking bad are things in Arizona when Arpaio (yes, that racist, criminal shitbag) loses his bid for re-election by just one percent? The winner being his former deputy who is nearly as bad.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-08-08 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the bats have beef with us, but they're really taking it too far.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    It's up to US to keep it from spreading, not one man.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.”

Guess who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    If you can't accept that, move out of the country.
    How very fascist of you.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    How very fascist of you.
    The joke's on him. I moved out more than a decade ago. The thing is, I still get to have an opinion and vote since I'm still a citizen and care about what happens to friends/family/good people there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Vote as early as you possibly can, folks, and track your mail-ins where available:

Postal Service overhauls leadership as Democrats press for investigation of mail delays

Trump and his lackey DeJoy are doing EVERYTHING they can to ratfuck the process.
    Christ, we're going to have to scrub every institution we have clean of this ratfuckery.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I'd say it's a mistake by Cuomo. But in character for him.

All it takes is for one case to wreck everything. My company (Seattle) was doing great, no cases. But some geniuses from corporate (Chattanooga) insisted on visiting. Well one of them just tested positive. So the 30+ people that met with them have all been sent home to quarantine for 2 weeks.
    Great...
    Corporate has also been insisting a V shaped recovery is coming!
    There's so many great mods that really redeem ME3.
    This is why I’m glad Pelosi isn’t backing down over opposing liability protections.

Every single business owner, CEO, board member, and manager that was complicit in helping to facilitate this crisis needs to be sued into bankruptcy. And I’d be pretty happy if quite a few suits went to prison over it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    The video did exactly say what my statments were, it went through how Europe built its empires and I've only ehoed it, don't comment unless you bothered watching the video.
    First of all, people don't have to be required to watch a video to know that some of your statements were wrong. Second, I did watch the entire video, which is how I know that it doesn't support all of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Not that it has anyrelvence to the topic of the video I just posted, if ad hominim is you're only defence of trump then good luck with the election bud.
    It's funny that you think the poster you're responding to is attempting to defend Trump simply because they rebuked you.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-08-08 at 06:03 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, how fucking bad are things in Arizona when Arpaio (yes, that racist, criminal shitbag) loses his bid for re-election by just one percent? The winner being his former deputy who is nearly as bad.
    Shit's fucked, Ollie. Hopefully the actual election goes much better. I really enjoy looking over my shoulder less without the Arpaio/Arpaio Jr. Crew running the show. Just have to watch for regular police brutality and not the really targeted kind.

Broadly speaking, I don't think convicted criminals (at least ones who haven't served their time or otherwise turned a new leaf) should be in charge of anything justice related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Shit's fucked, Ollie. Hopefully the actual election goes much better. I really enjoy looking over my shoulder less without the Arpaio/Arpaio Jr. Crew running the show. Just have to watch for regular police brutality and not the really targeted kind.

Broadly speaking, I don't think convicted criminals (at least ones who haven't served their time or otherwise turned a new leaf) should be in charge of anything justice related.
    Yeah, I thought being pardoned for his crimes still meant he wouldn't be allowed to seek office but apparently it's all okay so long as someone far enough up the ladder says so! Stay safe out there, friend.

63,246 new cases; about 8k fewer than last Friday.

California: 7,904 new cases; 188 deaths
    Florida: 7,686 new cases; 180 deaths (*looks at camera* *rolls eyes*)
    Texas: 7,675 new cases; 228 deaths
    Georgia: 4,109 new cases; 91 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,432 new cases; 20 deaths
    Illinois: 2,103 new cases; 31 deaths
    Virginia: 2,015 new cases (new record); 18 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,778 new cases; 43 deaths
    Alabama: 1,709 new cases; 21 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,500 new cases; 61 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,422 new cases; 19 deaths
    Arizona: 1,406 new cases; 79 deaths
    Indiana: 1,239 new cases (new record); 10 deaths
    Ohio: 1,204 new cases; 33 deaths
    Mississippi: 1,036 new cases; 23 deaths
    Arkansas: 1,011 new cases; 6 deaths

Cases continue to drop off for the most part in the initial states and are still climbing in some secondary/tertiary states. You aren't seeing many new records listed above primarily because a lot of these states went through outbreaks early in April/May and haven't hit their highs from that period...yet. Many are hitting second- or third-highest totals. Virginia had a massive spike today. The number is going down nationally, but it's definitely not going away in many areas.

Deaths are down by a couple hundred compared to last Friday, but it's still 1,290, putting the US at 164,094 deaths. Again, there don't seem to be many records being set--but they're coming awfully close in many states. Georgia, for example, seems to be increasing both in terms of new cases and deaths right as they're sending students back to school. Total TRUMP SHITSHOW.

Stay safe, folks.
    Why after 30 years in San Diego, I still left my heart in San Francisco. For reference, although population wise SF only ranks 16, density wise it ranks second after NY.

Rate of cases and deaths per 100,000 for top 20 US largest cities.

How many fewer deaths cities would have had if their mortality rates matched SF’s.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-08-08 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Why after 30 years in San Diego, I still left my heart in San Francisco. For reference, although population wise SF only ranks 16, density wise it ranks second after NY.
    Overall California is doing very well compared to most other states with huge outbreaks. It may have the most cases, but it has the second-lowest deaths-per-million (259) out of the states in the top ten of cases second only to North Carolina (206) whose mortality numbers are climbing.

There have been a couple of embarrassing counties fucking it up for everyone there and the HUGE, crowded population isn't helping the numbers, but comparatively speaking CA's been handling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an interesting study: 35% of all Americans said they would refuse a COVID-19 vaccine.

No, really.

"Oh, you're going to assume it's the rabid fanbase, aren't you?"

Well, Gallup did find the results by political party so...let's play a guessing game!

81% of Democrats said they'd get the vaccine.

59% of Independents said they'd get the vaccine.

47% of Republicans said they'd get the vaccine.

Guess which percent goes with which political party. Be honest, you were right, weren't you?

I'd also like to ask the people who just played the guessing game above to compare
    a) the results of that game, and
    b) the states with the most of each party, and
    c) which states are pushing hardest for in-person classes.

"Okay okay, enough about classes. We all know most schools don't have enough info to make the perfect decision. So until a college or university which happens to be the leading expert at the --"

Johns Hopkins University goes fully online for the fall semester.

"God dammit."

You'll also be pleased to note that, in addition to announcing E.O.'s which even Trump says will immediately get him sued -- yes, Trump said that -- he also said the news about Russia/China/Iran attacking the election was completely --

You’re telling me that this came out a little while ago, and I’ve heard that it came out. It came out just a little while ago, and we’re going to look at that very closely.
    Um, "I've heard that it came out"? Why didn't he hear it directly? These are his intelligence agencies. And no, we've known about Russians attacking the election since he asked for it, and got it.

- - - Updated - - -

So, the rumor I'm hearing is that Trump is going to not halt the payroll tax -- he can't do that -- but defer it, which he can do. Incidentally, Congress already allows employers to do this, so either this would be another thing Trump "does" which already exists, or would be passed to the individuals too.

"Sweet, a payroll tax cut!"

No no, deferred. You'd still owe the taxes.

"Oh, well still, not paying taxes is not paying taxes! MAGA!"

Okay, you'd still need to pay them. The CARES Act still requires payment of half the deferred taxes in 2021 and the other half in 2022. Businesses are probably capable of budgeting properly, but I'm a little worried about individuals who are already in trouble getting hammered in 2022 when they have to pay extra taxes on 2021's income...assuming they have it, of course. There are a lot of people out there who aren't great with their finances, and we call them "poor".

"Well, at least the people who were unemployed in 2020 but get a job in 2021 will be okay."

Um....

"Oh for fuck's sake, what now?"

Yeah, you have to pay income taxes on those. Yes, including the extra $600. So...yeah, deferring those taxes a year or two might spread out the problem, but it'd still be a problem.

No details yet, this could be a false alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I listened to it with the TV in a different room. The hooting and hollering from his idiot supporters at the club made me think the channel somehow got switched to a Married With Children episode.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-08-08 at 10:14 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!