10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fox News got their followers to retweet a video in which a masked Joe Biden rides a bike and is still able to answer a reporter’s questions, turning them into a joke.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JTHVerhov...30789052887041
    Fox just broke the story that “You” is Biden’s VP...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fox News got their followers to retweet a video in which a masked Joe Biden rides a bike and is still able to answer a reporter’s questions, turning them into a joke.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JTHVerhov...30789052887041
    Comments doubting that Biden is able to ride a bike... on a video tweet of Biden riding a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Comments doubting that Biden is able to ride a bike... on a video tweet of Biden riding a bike.
    "OMG HE'S NOT WEARING A HELMUT--I MEAN HELMET!" is half the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As nice as those leads might be, we need to remember not to assume that he's won or encourage a sense of "don't worry, Biden's got this."

While not the only factors, I've no doubt that apathy and "Trump couldn't possibly win, I don't need to go vote" lead in part to Hillary's defeat.
    I would not worry too much. 2016 left a very deep scar in the psyche of all Democrats. It also had the lowest voters turnout in 20 years for a presidential election at 54%. Democrats will turnout in November.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Can Trump even ride a bike? The guy had to take little steps to walk down a ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As nice as those leads might be, we need to remember not to assume that he's won or encourage a sense of "don't worry, Biden's got this."

While not the only factors, I've no doubt that apathy and "Trump couldn't possibly win, I don't need to go vote" lead in part to Hillary's defeat.
    Im patiently waiting for the Biden investigation Bar is going to announce sometime in October

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I would not worry too much. 2016 left a very deep scar in the psyche of all Democrats. It also had the lowest voters turnout in 20 years for a presidential election at 54%. Democrats will turnout in November.
    If they're allowed to do so. The GOP suppression campaign is in full swing, removing voting centers in areas where minorities live, gearing up several thousand volunteers to go around and "make sure people are voting legally", refusing bids to extend timeframes for voting and expand mail-in capabilities and, of course, destroying the USPS from within to make absentee ballots--which is how I HAVE to vote--a crapshoot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    That Kamala Harris was only following the law doesn't really seem to be true. Seems like she was more concerned trying to keep innocent people imprisoned and block justice then actual uphold it.

INB4 people cry about who is in the video instead of what is actually being discussed.
    Nah. I'm just going to reiterate that there is no decision that Joe Biden could make that would please y'all short of stepping down and unilaterally declaring Bernie Sanders the candidate, so therefore any "criticism" that is offered by you should automatically be taken as being issued in bad faith.

It's the same dudebro cult of personality bullshit that powered the Ron Paul "revolution" with many of the same actors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I do indeed hope that's true.

However, as I noted as well... Trump is doing, and will continue doing, his damnedest to make sure people don't turn out, or that their votes aren't counted.

I won't rest assured that Trump wont be president until it's announced on every network and front page that Biden has won. Not a second before then.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Im patiently waiting for the Biden investigation Bar is going to announce sometime in October
    They need to come up with something in October. The way it is going, the economy and the pandemic will only get worse by then. Wait till Covid-19 overlap with the flu season which typically starts in October.

Then we have labor day coming up. Wonder what kind of mischief those anti-mask movement has planned for that day.

Some in-person schools will start also. That won't turn out good.

As for the economy.

80,000 airline workers face furloughs due to COVID-19

Furloughed workers are not counted as unemployed.

To add the kick to the teeth.

Nearly half of all furloughed workers now believe their temporary layoff will become permanent
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-08-08 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    trumpers dont consider russia a threat because they are white
    i can easily admit russia china and iran are security threats
    but right wingers insist russia * isnt* because they are "culturally similar"
    yikes
    Weird stance since Obama, the media(of course) and democrats roundly mocked Mitt Romney for stating Russia was the biggest threat years ago. I am sure you will hand wave this off as they did. That was also back when Obama was making deals with the Russians and got caught on TV admitting he would have more flexibility after the election. I guess that doesn't count for you though. Curiously, what is a trumper? I'll excuse all the grammar but have no clue what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Weird stance since Obama, the media(of course) and democrats roundly mocked Mitt Romney for stating Russia was the biggest threat years ago. I am sure you will hand wave this off as they did. That was also back when Obama was making deals with the Russians and got caught on TV admitting he would have more flexibility after the election. I guess that doesn't count for you though. Curiously, what is a trumper? I'll excuse all the grammar but have no clue what that is.
    yes
    rromney was right
    and obama was weak on russia, and probably if romney was president we wouldnt have trump since his entire candidacy was a russian government psy ops that worked well beyond expectations enough to elevate him to the presidency, but i digress
    i can agree with that 100% and in this case trump is to the left of joe biden on foreign policy, is joe as good as mitt romney ? probably not, but hes better than love letters with xi and kim jong.

Do you think his "tough on china" stance really continues after the election and xi funnels some money to his business to make his family richer? just like his "tough on islam" shticck that ended after a meting with erdogen and the crown prince with a couple hundred million to his business

if he "really* plans to crush the ccp someone better tell jared and ivanka because they dont act like they are dealing with an economy thats going to be crushed by their constant dealings
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-08-09 at 03:43 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As if I needed more reasons to vote Kanye XD

Manga all day
    (source)

Coming soon [Bird Emoji]
    (source)

Seriously, his twitter feed is SOMETHING. It is hard to say if he is any candidates spoiler.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-08-09 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Obama made a good joke and it was a good TV moment also the biggest criticism of Obama besides failing when it comes to wall street was foreign policy. You see people on the left have these things called differing opinions you may want to try that sometime instead of blindly protecting the dear leader that's not what people do in democracies.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    As if I needed more reasons to vote Kanye XD

(source)

(source)

Seriously, his twitter feed is SOMETHING. It is hard to say if he is any candidates spoiler.
    I just can not see the attraction of using Twitter. And Kayne will get some votes. Will he be a spoiler? Probably not. He may have been some if he had got his act together and registered earlier for the ballots in all the swing states.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I just can not see the attraction of using Twitter. And Kayne will get some votes. Will he be a spoiler? Probably not. He may have been some if he had got his act together and registered for the ballots in all the swing states.
    He reads manga, or says he does, that's enough for me. Not that voting will matter a great deal on the presidential level. Otherwise my vote is decided entirely by what the Teachers union tells me to vote for.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird stance since Obama, the media(of course) and democrats roundly mocked Mitt Romney for stating Russia was the biggest threat years ago.
    Yeah, one of Obama's many mistakes.

7+ Year Old Account
    The real Russiagate is how much America today resembles the twilight of the Soviet Union, or in some senses the plutocrat pillaging of 90's era Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The real Russiagate is how much America today resembles the twilight of the Soviet Union, or in some senses the plutocrat pillaging of 90's era Russia.
    Uhm... I was getting food with stamps in the twilight of USSR... we had tanks rolling down streets in Ukraine, in 1989. I was literally there...

Also, what plutocrats under communism are you talking about? It was the mob and government officials they worked with, like Putin’s KGB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program

Clueless...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Clueless...
    Ahh, that's Theo. Whatever they're not plagiarizing they're making up.