LFR Scaling In Shadowlands.

So, just got into beta today (woo) and as mount/mog farmer i decided to see how the older content would scale. I went to my garrison and spoke to the seer that lets you queue for Warlords LFR Raids solo and when i got in, the game de-leveled my character to lvl 40 in line with the Warlords npcs!

I tried my hand at fighting and got whooped, so no damage boost is given to offset this. Going to the instance normally, i kept my level:

So you can do normal/hc/mythic okay.

I tested this with BRF & got the same results.

Could this be a hint at letting max level players queue solo into dungeons or older LFRs using the party sync systems or for guilds to be able to make legacy groups to experience the raids as they were ?

I did go to the LFR npc's for Pandaria & Legion, but got a message saying i didn't meet the chosen dungeon requirements.

IF this is forced thing going forward, might be worth some people getting more attempts at the Abyss Worm & Charhound mounts as well as Mekkatorque's mount while you can as well as any mogs!
    Last edited by Xenions; 2020-08-06 at 07:36 PM.

If it’s lfr only then it’s no big deal for mount farmers

Also beta

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened in one of the betas in the expansion following CATA. My wife farmed DS regularly and she went in on a whim on beta and got smoked. This will be fixed, especially if you bug report it to make sure it has visibility.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    You can get a mount from the LFR versions of Mistress Zassz'ine in Tomb Of Sargeras & The Felhounds of Sargeras in Antorus. Is another chance for chars.

Overall, most people will be farming the Mythic versions for the end boss mounts, but as i said, would be interesting to see if they going to use this as a thing to let people experience the raids as they were & perhaps buff the older lfrs to make it a more identifiable fight ?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    This happened in one of the betas in the expansion following CATA. My wife farmed DS regularly and she went in on a whim on beta and got smoked. This will be fixed, especially if you bug report it to make sure it has visibility.
    Ah, but it this also locks out any skills that are higher than the intended lvl with the same text as when you use party sync to go to lower lvl dungeons on live.

Yeah, I tried to get into the Legion ones in beta yesterday, because they're the ones I really want to farm (especially the raid finder versions, as there is some great transmog behind them), but they weren't accessible at the Dalaran vendor near the Violet Hold.

So I went to Argus to see if I could dash into Antorus, but the door is currently missing!

I think maybe they've deactivated these for this particular patch, probably to work on scaling.

Usually the scaling gets handled more in the prepatch I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

They will definitely fix this and make it solo-able.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

Also beta
    Felhounds of Sargeras say hello, but ofc if Normal scaling works right, no need to LFR anything unless you want that mog version.

But yeah, Beta. They do have a history of screwing the pooch on old content scaling though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    They will definitely fix this and make it solo-able.
    As long as we will be able to fully solo Legion raids with legacy loot rules, I'll be happy. (I've been waiting the past 2 years to be able to get a few other things I missed out on.)

Sounds like an oversight.

As much as i'd like them to scale all content at least on LFR and make it a mesh of all past raids, i don't see it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    On that scaling note, how do the dungeons/raids currently work? Are all dungeon 10-50 with heroic/mythic mode and raids being level 50? But that can't be due to the picture above.

I really hope we get all previous content at level 50 - would make one hell of a fun side activity to do basically anything at the game at a proper difficulty san the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    On that scaling note, how do the dungeons/raids currently work? Are all dungeon 10-50 with heroic/mythic mode and raids being level 50? But that can't be due to the picture above.

I really hope we get all previous content at level 50 - would make one hell of a fun side activity to do basically anything at the game at a proper difficulty san the current expansion.
    so all previous content scales to level 50 with chromie time

once you leave chromie time the stuff is different levels but theres some fun stuff with gear
    you can craft a lvl 50 sulfuron hammer with special new stuff so im guessing the same can be done for toher crafted stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Felhounds of Sargeras say hello, but ofc if Normal scaling works right, no need to LFR anything unless you want that mog version.

But yeah, Beta. They do have a history of screwing the pooch on old content scaling though.
    they have a history of screwing the pooch on live scaling

Thats interesting!