Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    First Lich King?

He's barely a second and ended up making a massive fool of himself in WoTLK anyway.

Arthas revived him personally.... Sapphiron was sent with Kel'Thuzad to the Eastern Plaguelands by the Licking..(Arthas)

so I really can't see how he is more connected to Kelthuzad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    Sapphiron was sent with Kel'Thuzad to the Eastern Plaguelands by the Licking..
    That might make a decent hentai right there.

"The Lich King possesses untold power and an endless hatred for the living. The dwarven explorer, Brann Bronzebeard, has speculated that it is only a matter of time before the Lich King seeks to destroy or dominate all sapient life on Azeroth - not just the Alliance and Horde, but also the dragons and perhaps the titans themselves."

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Lich King possesses untold power and an endless hatred for the living. The dwarven explorer, Brann Bronzebeard, has speculated that it is only a matter of time before the Lich King seeks to destroy or dominate all sapient life on Azeroth - not just the Alliance and Horde, but also the dragons and perhaps the titans themselves."
    And in the end got oneshot by some bubble boy. :kekw:

This thread troll/10

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-08-06 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Im not gonna lie, i sure am a Arthas Fanboy back from the wc3 blalbalbla and so on

But Arthas was no the first Lich king, He was the First LK with a physical body.

And i do belive most people loved the villain LK/Arthas, a good character turned bad story, And not the good guy Arthas.

So most people would not like a redemption story for arthas, becuse they dindt like the good guy Arthas, but the evil one.
    So i do support a story were arthas would end upp as the Jailer or some other high damned/evil position in the universe.

But i highly doubt that todays blizzard could do a good story with him today. It was the old Blizzard that created Arthas.
    Hope im wrong doh.

So he had aspirations to become as much a threat as Sargeras, and in time, might have. Damn you for dropping the ball and not allowing The Scourge to become as much a cosmic threat as The Legion, Blizzard!

He'll probably be forgiven by his dad too or something like that after redeeming himself by helping you defeat all the badguys

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Technically, Ner'zhul is the first Lich King.

But yes, I agree, I hope Arthas has a significant role in Shadowlands. It would be a huge missed opportunity not to reveal his ultimate fate in the expansion about Death and Afterlife. I'm still betting he'll be heavily featured in the expansion's mid-patch (9.2?), like Illidan was in Legion, and play a role in Sylvanas' final fate in the latch patch (9.3?)
    Ner'zuhl never looked like that.. I don't think it's him even, just a generic cool looking orc dk art back from 2008.

Man.. heavily involved? please way to go to ruin him. But luckily you are not a developer.

A few cameos.. how he achieved things or why he made certain choices are cool to find out.. having him cartoon out in a raid and eventually in the big story plot would simply ruin hes legendary story. So please no.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ner'zuhl never looked like that.. I don't think it's him even, just a generic cool looking orc dk art back from 2008.

Man.. heavily involved? please way to go to ruin him. But luckily you are not a developer.

A few cameos.. how he achieved things or why he made certain choices are cool to find out.. having him cartoon out in a raid and eventually in the big story plot would simply ruin hes legendary story. So please no.
    You speak as if the legacy of a Warcraft character is beneath exploiting to make the most money out of it. This is a video game designed to make money, not Shakespeare they're writing. If you're in it to behold Shakespearean level story-telling, you're playing the wrong game.

The problem is that Arthas arc was pretty much finished satisfactorily (unlike say, Illidan and Kael'thas, who make sense coming back) so what would be the point of bringing him back besides diminishing returns?

Beyond a cameo -where he serves as more of a guide in a questline at most- giving him a new arc would most likely fall short of the narrative he already had.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You speak as if the legacy of a Warcraft character is beneath exploiting to make the most money out of it. This is a video game designed to make money, not Shakespeare they're writing. If you're in it to behold Shakespearean level story-telling, you're playing the wrong game.
    Nope, just saying he should not be the main focus or what ever. Like I said sure it would be cool to explore a few things and he can help us with couple of cool quests, but I am afraid of what you are saying that it will just kinda cartoon Arthas out. He should imo not be a main focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The problem is that Arthas arc was pretty much finished satisfactorily (unlike say, Illidan and Kael'thas, who make sense coming back) so what would be the point of bringing him back besides diminishing returns?

Beyond a cameo -where he serves as more of a guide in a questline at most- giving him a new arc would most likely fall short of the narrative he already had.
    Ye I mean it was completed and felt good to finnaly kill him. Its very easy to screw this up. Look the guy is right about using Arthas is all about the money and him showing up will probably be a huge pr thing aswell, but I cant help it to think how many times we get dissapointed with these type of things.

I still find it cool to find out where he ended up afther we killed him, but at the other hand sometimes its nice to not know things and keeps you wondering a bit, thats cool. Makes you think.. idk if you played wrath, but if you did did you ever wonder where arthas went afther you killed him?? Well I certaintly never did, never thought he would have more story to tell.. like what are we going to find out? Hes motives? Like we already know everything about him realy. Sthe helm and sword might play a part and Arthas is linked to it, but hit stops there. He didnt create it, he just looted these items snd went for it. Hes story was over, we killed him.

Lets hope hes cameos are meaningfull, mysterious and interesting.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-08-09 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Title is wrong because Arthas was not the first Lich King, Ner'zhul was.
    With what we have now, he may not have been the first

We were under the fact that the helm and frostmourne were created for him when the nathrezim and KJ captured him. Since we know that's not the case, there were probably previous user of those tools and thus maybe others ' lich kings '

Whether he appears or not, I'd like to see him interact with Sylvanas. Their hypothetical meeting has potential to be very interesting. If nothing else I'm eager to see how or IF he's changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know what the Lich King actually is. Judging by the fact that the entire armor and weapon set has been made in MAW, I would say that our Lich King is a replica of real Lich King and controlled by the real one who is inside the Shadowlands. My speculation is that real Lich King is a subordinate or even right hand man of Jailer. Jailer made a deal with Sargeras and decided to let Sargeras put a puppet of Lich King in Azeroth. Why? To farm Anima. Imagine this, all the undead killing people and farming their rage, agony, suffering, hatred etc, that is what creates Anima. Through Lich King, Jailer was farming a lot of Anima from Azeroth. Every undead controlled by Lich King means one more Anima farmer. But after fall of Arthas, the whole system fell apart because the new Lich King is a living being, on top of that he is burned by the power of Life itself. So the whole system needed to be destroyed. And that is what Jailer did through Sylvanas.

As for Arthas and Nezhul, they were both undead when they became Lich King, Nezhul's soul was ripped from his body and placed inside the armor. Arthas' soul was consumed by the blade. They were both undead. So the real Lich King could make them do whatever he or she wanted.

It would be cool if Nezhul were some kind of beast spirit inside the Ardenweald. As for Kelthuzad, when we go to kill him. both Kaelthas and Jaina would join us. After defeating him, Kelthuzad would say that he is supporting Jailer to save Arthas. And then Jaina would have falling out with Kaelthas because she believes Kelthuzad. So Kaelthas would say that it is even better because then he would be able to kill both Arthas and Kelthuzad together. Players would then have to go recruit Morgraine, Uther and Nezhul to save Arthas.

Arthas would be in a miserable soul form after rescue but he would be filled with guilt, sorrow, pain, vanity etch. Then the honored one would tell us to have Arthas go through all the process of soul cleansing provided by all 4 factions. 1st we would go to Ravendrath to cleanse his crimes. Then to Bastion to relieve him of his burdens. Then to Maldraxxus to remind him of his honor. Then finally, Ardenweald to have his soul find balance and serenity.

It could easily be a epic questline if Blizzard so wishes to.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

We'll find him somewhere in Shadowlands cleaning someone's dumpster and we'll only be able to watch him from afar, an NPC will be there and if you talk to him he will say:
    He is only seeing darkness before him.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP REAL desperate for Arthas to take part of the next Expansion.

If we see him I kind of hope its more of a redemption thing than anything else. Bolvar is already slated to be a big part of the expansion. We don't need another Lich King walking around in very similar armor muddling the story.

During Arthas' death scene it was pretty clear he was repentant for what he had done once he was freed from Frostmournes corruption. Of course Blizzard could run it back and make out Arthas was just trying to get forgiveness in his last moments but we will have to wait and see.

As for the dragon Arthas raised, we could just as easily be seeing that character doing its own thing. It could be trying to seek its proper place among its peers rather than once again just being a tool of a greater power.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    We don't know what the Lich King actually is. Judging by the fact that the entire armor and weapon set has been made in MAW, I would say that our Lich King is a replica of real Lich King and controlled by the real one who is inside the Shadowlands. My speculation is that real Lich King is a subordinate or even right hand man of Jailer.
    Haven't we already been told that the Helm of Domination was stolen from the Shadowlands?
    Last edited by Krothar; 2020-08-09 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post

When we last saw Arthas, the Helm of Domination was removed, and he says to his father Terenas, "Is it over?" I don't honestly think Arthas died as he lived. It was as if removing the helm allowed him to know the error of his ways, and to know, he was a tool for greater forces, and not the ruler of lesser forces. While none of us know the true extent of how lucid his final moments really were, he did not curse his father.

What we do know is, the Helm of domination has deranged Bolvar as well. Perhaps not to the same extent, but he is not a hero anymore.

Kel'thuzad is indeed in the Shadowlands. He seems very much irredeemable. He's not like Arthas was, where Arthas unknowingly because a pawn of the lich king before merging with the lich king. Kel'thuzad was an agent of the Lich King willingly. I have no reason to believe he wants to turn over a new leaf.
    Maybe in his final moments he was more human again and the old arthas, but you forgot one very important thing, that his soul was drawn to the maw directly to the Jailer, and its not unlikely his mind got twisted again at the place where the helm of domination was forged?

Why should Kel'thuzad follow willingly a pawn? Wouldn't he have tried to usurp Arthas the LK? But he acted as his most loyal follower.

I do not believe in a redemption story of Arthas and really hope blizzard will not go there.

He did many evil things before he got frostmourne or the helm of domination, so there is that.

Technically, Ner'zhul is the first Lich King.

But yes, I agree, I hope Arthas has a significant role in Shadowlands. It would be a huge missed opportunity not to reveal his ultimate fate in the expansion about Death and Afterlife. I'm still betting he'll be heavily featured in the expansion's mid-patch (9.2?), like Illidan was in Legion, and play a role in Sylvanas' final fate in the latch patch (9.3?)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Death_knig...thfist_TCG.jpg
    It's not LK...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Haven't we already been told that the Helm of Domination was stolen from the Shadowlands?
    We were first told that it was made my nethrezim. Then we were told nethrezimi had someone craft it. then were told it was stolen. You can not believe anything the nethrezim says. What we know about the armor set and weapon comes from nethrezim and they are liars, manipulators, schemers and all kind of nasty things. It is better not to take their words as face value.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.