Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And regardless, if you're making the point that CDPR can make a better game because their production costs are cheaper in poland, then I have to respond with "Why the hell doesn't everyone move their develop teams to poland
    Just sell off all your studios, fire all your employees and open up new ones in Poland! Brilliant!

No matter how you want to squirm your way around it, comparing budgets between games made in Poland and games made in CA/WA is no less silly. You made that comparison so you have to own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The feelings mutual.
    And yet I didn't resort to calling your arguments nonsense, or asinine. Sleep on that for a bit, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Just sell off all your studios, fire all your employees and open up new ones in Poland! Brilliant!

No matter how you want to squirm your way around it, comparing budgets between games made in Poland and games made in CA/WA is no less silly. You made that comparison so you have to own it.
    Didn't I already admit that when I said:

"The problems you described about the costs involved with development in different areas of the world are real. I don't dispute that."

If you want to throw that at me, and I meet you half-way, then do me the same courtesy and acknowledge that location isn't the only factor. And maybe also address the actual point I made about anti-consumer practices not being the way to approach the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And yet I didn't resort to calling your arguments nonsense, or asinine. Sleep on that for a bit, maybe.
    Call a spade a spade.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic but costs of games have gone up....but not everywhere. If I recall some specific jobs qa testers and bug finding is not treated as well as other jobs in the industry and that shit needs to change. A Ceo that earns several million a year but somehow gets a bonus million for whatever reason? Yeah no make sure the workers get payed fairly first...thanks

OT: That Spider-man exclusive move REALLY disappointed me, can't believe Sony is being a dick about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Does FF7 Remake really count for that though when they split it into two games so you have to buy two full priced games?
    I know what you mean but it felt like a full game and worth the money.

No sneaky MTX to wear the dress on cloud.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    OT: That Spider-man exclusive move REALLY disappointed me, can't believe Sony is being a dick about it.
    Sony didn't hold a gun to anyone's head and force them to sign the deal. Blame marvel/square, not Sony for acquiring shit for their player base which they will always do if they are able to.

Marvel wouldnt of had to sell spider-man in the first place if they had decent business sense and didnt get ripped off by swindlers and Stan Lee having to get restraining orders on previous managers
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

bobby kotic makes 40 million dollar per year from acti/blizzard and people think games need microtransactions to survive

Are people going to talk about the actual game or will this be one of those threads?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    My thoughts on it? Literally no one asked for a budget Destiny with super hero skins.

People wanted a SP Avengers game not whatever shitty ass GAAS thing this is turning into.
    Actually I think a game centering around an elite group of heroes is better off with the potential to play with "groups"
    What I DON'T like is them turning it into some wanna be mmo-lite/co op rpg lame ass destiny clone
    I like games that incorporate mmo or arpg style loot progression into different forms of gameplay, I like D2 a lot, I am very excited for Godfall. But this, nah man just make a sandbox and let me have fun as an avenger ffs. Stop making games for metrics and make something fun

After Destroy all Humans remastered I really miss when games (besides indies killing it out there ofc) were made to just have fun without a bunch of stupid bullshit in there.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    I know what you mean but it felt like a full game and worth the money.

No sneaky MTX to wear the dress on cloud.
    to be totally fair I'd buy a DLC to keep cloud in said dress...

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Are people going to talk about the actual game or will this be one of those threads?
    I should have known better to start this thread with this being MMO-C and all.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    bobby kotic makes 40 million dollar per year from acti/blizzard and people think games need microtransactions to survive
    correction: PR conned rubes into believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I should have known better to start this thread with this being MMO-C and all.
    I personally don't create any threads at all. Saves headache trying to decipher the screeching.

Thanks for the thread tho, I wasn't aware this was comin out, bought it insta. I love destiny and clones
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2020-08-09 at 09:21 PM.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I’ve tried to steer it back that way a few times. I’ll reiterate: the core gameplay is a lot of fun. Ranking the heroes in terms of enjoyment for me:

Hulk (particularly after a few upgrades)
    Black Widow
    Iron Man
    Ms Marvel

There is very limited opportunity to play as Captain America and Thor. The former was a blast. The latter seemed a bit reminiscent of Kratos.

Other random thoughts:

Being able to adjust load outs while loading missions is nice.

Limited amount of story shown in the beta was fine.

Beta had a relatively limited set of enemies. Hopefully that is expanded upon in the full release (this appears to be the case).

The HARM training facility has a lot of potential if they get it to a point where players can modify the enemy sets, tune difficulty settings, etc.

The UI is a bit sluggish on the PS Pro.

Resource pickup seems a bit delayed. According to dev posts this isn’t truly the case, but the way it appears in game is a little slow.

Overall I’m happy with it. If you’re looking for action packed beat em up type gameplay I think you’ll enjoy it. Doubly so if you like Marvel characters. Hard to say how impactful the story will be. The intro in the beta is good but fairly brief.

Edit: just to note, me ranking Ms Marvel as fourth is purely related to the gameplay and my attachment to the character. I’m not one to get worked up over perceived political garbage in video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan79 View Post
    I’ve tried to steer it back that way a few times. I’ll reiterate: the core gameplay is a lot of fun. Ranking the heroes in terms of enjoyment for me:

Hulk (particularly after a few upgrades)
    Black Widow
    Iron Man
    Ms Marvel

There is very limited opportunity to play as Captain America and Thor. The former was a blast. The latter seemed a bit reminiscent of Kratos.

Other random thoughts:

Being able to adjust load outs while loading missions is nice.

Limited amount of story shown in the beta was fine.

Beta had a relatively limited set of enemies. Hopefully that is expanded upon in the full release (this appears to be the case).

The HARM training facility has a lot of potential if they get it to a point where players can modify the enemy sets, tune difficulty settings, etc.

The UI is a bit sluggish on the PS Pro.

Resource pickup seems a bit delayed. According to dev posts this isn’t truly the case, but the way it appears in game is a little slow.

Overall I’m happy with it. If you’re looking for action packed beat em up type gameplay I think you’ll enjoy it. Doubly so if you like Marvel characters. Hard to say how impactful the story will be. The intro in the beta is good but fairly brief.

Edit: just to note, me ranking Ms Marvel as fourth is purely related to the gameplay and my attachment to the character. I’m not one to get worked up over perceived political garbage in video games.
    Just what I'm lookin for then, good purchase. I'm deffo going for Thor myself, if it's a la Kratos then it's gonna be awesome

Thanks for the info.

So is it good? It looks kind of crappy and lazy. I'm glad you can unlock skins without MTX, but how many will unlock without MTX and how long? It basically looks a lot like MUA3, which isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    So is it good? It looks kind of crappy and lazy. I'm glad you can unlock skins without MTX, but how many will unlock without MTX and how long? It basically looks a lot like MUA3, which isn't a good thing.
    It is brawler, loot is very basic and tacked on, enemy variety is lacking, most missions are 5-10 min areas, lots of hold x zone to progress.

Man i wasnt expecting much and im still dissapointed...

Quote Originally Posted by Brautigan79 View Post
    Snip
    Out of curiosity, can the skill trees be tailored to certain playstyles like was mentioned in previews? IE can I take Ironman (obviously this might not be in his skill tree, but hypothetically) and completely dedicate myself to being a melee attacker and excel in that manner?

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Out of curiosity, can the skill trees be tailored to certain playstyles like was mentioned in previews? IE can I take Ironman (obviously this might not be in his skill tree, but hypothetically) and completely dedicate myself to being a melee attacker and excel in that manner?
    I believe the skill trees available in beta weren't the full trees that will be available on release. By the time I had leveled hulk up a fair amount I was able to fill most skills available. I started by focusing on his Rage path, then heavy attack, etc. As a separate example Black widow has a tree to improve her ranged ability with pistols/guns.