Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Transferring to Purchase Off Another Server's AH, Then Transfer Back - Against TOS?

Hey guys,

First-time poster here. Was wondering if anyone had any definitive information on this. Is it against the TOS at all to transfer an alt with some gold over to a low-pop server, buy up some stuff on the AH, give it to a different alt to transfer back to the original server with? I have seen some people in the past mention that it can be seen as manipulating the economy regarding this topic. What about a different scenario too: If I transferred over to buy Edgemasters that cost less on a different server with the intention of using them on my original server (not selling, so no manipulation of economy).
    Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Why would you waste rl money for stuff you can farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Why would you waste rl money for stuff you can farm?
    probably because its cheaper, time wise

10+ Year Old Account
    Not against any rules as far as I’m aware. You’re buying legit services offered by blizzard, your money so if you want to pay for multiple server transfers then go for it, and you won’t get banned for market manipulation at all.

Just be aware, you can go from PVP to PVE but you CAN NOT go PVE to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    probably because its cheaper, time wise
    Yep, this exactly. So is there anything against the TOS here? Obviously never want to do something to jeopardize my account. I also know Blizz loves money, so doubt they would have a huge issue with this (especially with the edgemasters scenario).

That sounds like a pretty big waste of money to me, but paying for transfer services and then transferring the legal amount of gold between servers is all perfectly within the ToS.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    Just be aware, you can go from PVP to PVE but you CAN NOT go PVE to PVP.
    What about transferring from a PVP server to a server listed as "normal" and back again? Thanks for the info.

Qhy would it be against the rules.
    It's similar to transferring to a different server and having a lot more gold than the amount you are allowed to transfer and you buy mounts/mats to sell on the new server with the excess gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowdude80 View Post
    What about transferring from a PVP server to a server listed as "normal" and back again? Thanks for the info.
    You can't even transfer from a pve server to a pvp one. So if you transfer from a pvp to a pve, you may be stuck on pve servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    50€ well spend!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Isnt there a cooldown period for transfering?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Isnt there a cooldown period for transfering?
    72 hours if I'm not mistaken, at least in retail, so I assume it's the same for classic.

You cannot transfer to pvp servers from non-pvp servers.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a huge waste of money. But by all means, throw bucks at Blizzard until they drown in them so you can get some digital gold.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

From Blizzard's Website:

Each transfer has a ninety-day cooldown.

Gold transfer limits specific level ranges are as follows:
    Level 10-30 can transfer with up to 100 gold
    Level 31-50 can transfer with up to 500 gold
    Level 51-60 can transfer with up to 2000 gold

Characters cannot transfer from PvE realms to PvP Realms and RP realms cannot transfer to RP-PvP realms.

Theroetically he can use retail gold to buy 2 tokens to do it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Theroetically he can use retail gold to buy 2 tokens to do it....
    Classic is retail.

Same sub, built off of legion architecture, bnet included and same playerbase mentality.

Retail was a term created/used by private server players when they did not have an option to pay to play a vanilla version of the game and now they do.

Welcome to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    That sounds like a pretty big waste of money to me, but paying for transfer services and then transferring the legal amount of gold between servers is all perfectly within the ToS.
    Only for poor people who don’t value their time

15+ Year Old Account
    Make a toon on the low server, but a token and buy what you want. Transfer that toon back to your server. No limitations on items you can or cant bring, only gold.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Yep, this exactly. So is there anything against the TOS here? Obviously never want to do something to jeopardize my account. I also know Blizz loves money, so doubt they would have a huge issue with this (especially with the edgemasters scenario).
    Why don't you read the ToS? That way you will get a definite answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Hey guys,

First-time poster here. Was wondering if anyone had any definitive information on this. Is it against the TOS at all to transfer an alt with some gold over to a low-pop server, buy up some stuff on the AH, give it to a different alt to transfer back to the original server with? I have seen some people in the past mention that it can be seen as manipulating the economy regarding this topic. What about a different scenario too: If I transferred over to buy Edgemasters that cost less on a different server with the intention of using them on my original server (not selling, so no manipulation of economy).
    Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this?

Thanks in advance!
    manipulating the economy usually involves RMT with third parties and has absolutely nothing to do with server transfers and the AH