Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked Diablo 3 a lot. I have spent more time in it than any other aRPG game. And I have nearly 200h in Grim Dawn.

I just wish Blizzard would put some effort into visuals. Diablo 3 is an old game. The world visuals aged well, the characters didn't. Bad textures and low polygon annoyed me YEARS ago. The only great thing about it was the animation.

yes, every time theres a new season me and a few friends jump in and play for a week or so

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I liked Diablo 3 a lot. I have spent more time in it than any other aRPG game. And I have nearly 200h in Grim Dawn.

I just wish Blizzard would put some effort into visuals. Diablo 3 is an old game. The world visuals aged well, the characters didn't. Bad textures and low polygon annoyed me YEARS ago. The only great thing about it was the animation.
    Whats the point to spend development resources to increase visual fidelity on a nearly 10 yo game that had it's active development cease about 3 years into it's life cycle? Especially when they are going full speed ahead with a new game.

It was enjoyable, but in the long run it got boring... as all Hack n Slashers typically do.

Every so often I'd hop back in for a new season, play it for a month then stop again.

Diablo 3 is a dead game, try logging in and finding people to play with lol.
    I see more people online in Diablo 2 than Diablo 3; I think that says enough?
    Sure it was success $$$, that doesn't matter to the end user; need a decent population to enjoy the game online.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dug it - maybe a 7.5 out of 10 for me. Still play it from time to time, usually on hardcore to keep the "thrill" there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Haha yep, except it's still probably the best looking ARPG despite being 8 years old.
    Yeah like wtf? The game looks great, i fucking love a lot of the armors in the game, and the graphics are pretty fucking sweet, like what? story sure, but graphics/animations?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

D3 was awful at the start but since Reaper of Souls I play near enough every season for a couple of weeks, I play pretty hard the opening weekend then more casually, when I've geared up and augmented I push GR's aiming to get high enough for me to finish within the top 1000 at the end of the season and usually finish at around 1000-1200 paragon so nothing crazy time wise, I enjoy it still.

Since RoS it's a halfway decent game. Still not as good as D2 from a gameplay standpoint by a long shot, but it's okay. Grim Dawn is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

when it came out, no.

the gameplay difficulty spike to the highest difficulty was just retarded.
    the whole real money auction house was stupid beyond reason.
    story wise... nothing to write home about. it's diablo, we go on a quest to find diablo, we find diablo, we kill diablo, the end.

after the fixes to the difficulty spike and the whole season gameplay starting it was amusing and i've sunk some hours into it. so i can't call it a garbage fire per se, but there were other games out there at the time "cough cough pathofexile cough cough" that did/do it a bit better. though, not always.

so, mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Diablo 3 is a dead game, try logging in and finding people to play with lol
    I tried and found a public group in less than 5 seconds. Also saw lots of people talking in chat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Whats the point to spend development resources to increase visual fidelity on a nearly 10 yo game that had it's active development cease about 3 years into it's life cycle? Especially when they are going full speed ahead with a new game.
    The new game doesn't look spectacular now and especially not in 2 years when it's going to be out
    I was pointing out their games are generally lower visual quality.

I really enjoyed D3. Nowhere near as much as D2, mind you, but D2 was as close to a masterpiece game for that genre as you can get. It’s going to be hard for any company to recreate that same type of feeling. Look at Last of Us 1 vs LoU2. I enjoyed both, but 2 is getting panned a lot for how it is.
    That stated, I hope I enjoy D4 more than I enjoyed D3, but I worry that Blizzard is just going to try and make an updated D2 as it seems that they are just using the same formula.

The original vision of the RMAH was an abortion, that undermined the whole game. Items would drop that would be useless for everyone, let alone the class you happened to be playing. The balancing was one of "how much money can we made by deliberately making the game terrible?" Act II on Inferno level was an exercise in botting to get the gold you needed to buy the All Resist gear and weapons that would let you survive it. You either got there early and made bank, or you were late and would never catch up.

Reaper of Souls fixed a lot of it so I played it a lot more.

For all it's faults D3 looks, feels, and sounds good. Torchlight and PoE don't even come close to it, the combat just feels weightless.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I did at the start, I'm apparently the minority who actually enjoyed Inferno. When D3 first came out it was actually hard, I found myself sitting on the chalk board theory crafting on ways to beat half the bosses on Inferno, Diablo was actually challenging and gear was hard to come by unlike today where legendaries drop off everything.

Elite packs were brutal! fire chains? get out of here. Loved it!

I hate when a game gets nerfed to shit because the majority of players these days are casuals who want things handed to them. Equality shouldn't exist in the gaming world, if you can't do something someone else did, if you can't get something someone else has, too bad. Equality has ruined the online gaming world, everyone has this sense of entitlement where they should have something cause someone else does and if it's too hard for them, they demand it be nerfed so they can get it too. Instead of "I need to get better" it's "This shouldn't be so hard, I should be able to do it at my own skill level"

God bless FFXI private servers, the last MMO that spit in the face of casuals.
    D3 has much more to offer these days. The difficulty scales up much higher than it did back then. It also felt like shit using yellows for the majority of your gear slots. I much prefer it where almost every legendary has a use and interacts with many different builds in different ways. Back then the meta was using a Skorn and playing a spin to win barb endlessly or playing some other classes with yellow weapons or an Echoing Fury and a shield to stay alive.

Gameplay at launch consisted of repeating the same few acts over and over again whereas today there are all sorts of optional challenges and bosses and plenty of cosmetic items to farm for and fun speed builds to farm those items with. Challenge rifts and bounties added a ton of content and keep the game interesting for much longer than repeating the same story missions over and over.

5+ Year Old Account
    To me, vanilla D3 was such a spectacular mess that it drove me away from everything Blizzard until Legion. I bought RoS much later, once it went on sale, and I must say that it made the game at least playable. Not great in any capacity though , just "good enough" - which BTW is no small deal, given how intentionally broken the game was at launch, in order to accommodate Blizz's precious RMAH.

Basically, Grim Dawn or PoE do everything D3 does, but better. Hell, even D2 does, if you don't mind the outdated graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I liked RoS. It's not a successor to D2 but instead it's own game that is really fun for like 1 week each time a new season starts.

Which is perfect for me because that's about as much hack n slash I enjoy spliced into my regular games.

I think diablo is a good game to play through once.
    But, the end game grind and season stuff never appealed to me.

It was good but the rifts killed it for me in the long term, Lack of variety in the levels, Monsters and affixes made it extremely boring after a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Yes. I am split on the whole sets that increase your damage from 8.000 to 120 billion though.. Bit too steep of a power growth imo.. I would prefer if the margins between GR1 / GR70 was way smaller, but haven't given it a whole lot of thought and I'm sure theres a reason it has to be huge.