Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What? No way, that fan art is wicked, even if Ner'zhul was never physically The Lich King, but spiritually, so your image is more accurate. But the art is awesome!
    Ner'zhul's soul was traped inside the LK armor and and then puted in the frozen throne. The Helm of Dominination was literaly inhabited by Ner'Zhul's soul, to the point that when Arthas merged with Ner'Zhul he had to wipe him out of his mind, you can find the quest chains that tell you that in Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Maybe in his final moments he was more human again and the old arthas, but you forgot one very important thing, that his soul was drawn to the maw directly to the Jailer, and its not unlikely his mind got twisted again at the place where the helm of domination was forged?

Why should Kel'thuzad follow willingly a pawn? Wouldn't he have tried to usurp Arthas the LK? But he acted as his most loyal follower.

I do not believe in a redemption story of Arthas and really hope blizzard will not go there.

He did many evil things before he got frostmourne or the helm of domination, so there is that.
    Do we know for sure that Arthas went straight to the maw? I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but Maldraxxus seems like a good place to send him, also.

And yeah, Arthas is guilty of many bad deeds leading to the point where he got Frostmourne. No question. They pale in comparison to what he did AFTER.I dare say there was not enough apologies Arthas could have made to set matters anywhere near the way they were. For that matter, all I'm saying is, Arthas was aware of everything he did, and knows it was wrong. When he was defeated atop Icecrown Citadel, he seemed relieved that someone managed to stop him. He also knew he fucked up big and was not worthy of redemption, pity or sympathy. What he didn't do was curse us all for fucking up his plans.

But you're right, they did a redemption story for Illidan an expansion ago. They should definitely steer clear of trying to repeat this with Arthas.

You asked "Why should Kel'thuzad follow willingly a pawn?" I'm not sure I get what you're saying here. If you're suggesting Arthas was a pawn, you'd be wrong. He was more akin to the Queen. And for that matter, Kel'thuzad would have been more a Rook or a Bishop, himself. And once Arthas merged with the Lich King, he became simultaneously the most important piece on the board (the King), and the most powerful piece on the board (the Queen).

But let's look at this from a somewhat different footing. In Game of Thrones, Sansa Stark was guarded by Brienne of Tarth. If you go straight to "might makes right", Brienne could have easily unseated Sansa Stark. After all, Sansa wasn't a warrior. She wasn't skillful the way Arya Stark was. She wasn't Strong the way Jon Snow was. Hell, I'll go so far as to say her only real redeeming qualities were that she was beautiful, and that she was a Stark. Which begs the question. Why should Brienne of Tarth lower herself to serve someone far weaker than she is? when you figure it out, you'll understand to purpose of the King and Queen dichotomy where chess is concerned.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye I mean it was completed and felt good to finnaly kill him. Its very easy to screw this up. Look the guy is right about using Arthas is all about the money and him showing up will probably be a huge pr thing aswell, but I cant help it to think how many times we get dissapointed with these type of things.

I still find it cool to find out where he ended up afther we killed him, but at the other hand sometimes its nice to not know things and keeps you wondering a bit, thats cool. Makes you think.. idk if you played wrath, but if you did did you ever wonder where arthas went afther you killed him?? Well I certaintly never did, never thought he would have more story to tell.. like what are we going to find out? Hes motives? Like we already know everything about him realy. Sthe helm and sword might play a part and Arthas is linked to it, but hit stops there. He didnt create it, he just looted these items snd went for it. Hes story was over, we killed him.

Lets hope hes cameos are meaningfull, mysterious and interesting.
    Exactly. On one hand we are literally going to where he ended up, it would be weird if we didn't see him at all, but his arc is already finished, so I don't think he should be brought as a major part of the plot, like how it happened with illidan -in which case I do think it worked, because a lot of legion was about reframing Illidan's quest- so unless they wanna do that for Arthas -which please no- I don't think he can be too relevant to the main narrative and plot necesities.

Hence why a cameo would work best, almost in the context of a side quest, or a coda after the expansion, where we get just a little bit of him -and actually it can be something big for him as a character, maybe even escaping the maw or something, being free and going elsewhere- but in a way where he doesn't hog the spotlight. That's where things could go wrong really quick.

why some people thin they are cool when they say we fought the lichking we killed him...

You feel like a hero? Stupid moron only the wesk wants to feel like a hero.

I never wanted to fight against arthas, and never wanted to fight the lichking.

But when you look back, now after years how ridiculous is it that we even stand a chance against him.

He's be a special surprise in 9.3.

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    why some people thin they are cool when they say we fought the lichking we killed him...

You feel like a hero? Stupid moron only the wesk wants to feel like a hero.

I never wanted to fight against arthas, and never wanted to fight the lichking.

But when you look back, now after years how ridiculous is it that we even stand a chance against him.
    But we literally killed him. I mean, he's dead. Arthas is dead. Arthas was killed by heroes of Azeroth.

We've seen Arthas in the Maw already, we actually saw him many years ago, during the Edge of Night short story. All that remains of Arthas is the crying child that he always was inside, being tortured for eternity for his crimes against the living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Expansion in Shadowlands with added Saphiron means nothing? Do you don't see the connection to Arthas ?

And Arthas always be the Licking of Hearts, our favorite the strongest Lichking that existed.

Nerzuhl was just imprisoned to the Plate of the Damned but never a True Licking
    Could you just speak for yourself perhaps? :P
    Nothing wrong with voicing your own opinion.

Also i'm not sure what you mean with "the lord in Shadowlands". There are a lot of lords in the shadowlands. Arthas is also not a lord but a prince.

Expansion in Shadowlands with added Saphiron means nothing? Do you don't see the connection to Arthas ?

And Arthas always be the Licking of Hearts, our favorite the strongest Lichking that existed.

Nerzuhl was just imprisoned to the Plate of the Damned but never a True Licking
    sapphiron is tied to naxxramas and maybe kel thuzad, not arthas. maybe if it was sindragosa.

people in the shadowlands also probably consider the lich king an amateur/fool at best and a thief/usurper at worst.

i really really hope his all but guaranteed appearance will just be a cameo though, anything more and they will ruin his legacy for sure.
    he'll probably end up telling sylvanas she did the right thing and then reveal the real big bad of the expansion, or something similarly stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But we literally killed him. I mean, he's dead. Arthas is dead. Arthas was killed by heroes of Azeroth.
    we've literally killed a lot of people. merely a setback.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-08-10 at 11:19 AM.

Did people not play WC3? Arthas personally killed Sapphiron and raised him as undead. He was in Naxxramas only because the Lich King sent him there to aid Kel'thuzad in his war efforts in Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    sapphiron is tied to naxxramas and maybe kel thuzad, not arthas. maybe if it was sindragosa.

people in the shadowlands also probably consider the lich king an amateur/fool at best and a thief/usurper at worst.

i really really hope his all but guaranteed appearance will just be a cameo though, anything more and they will ruin his legacy for sure.
    he'll probably end up telling sylvanas she did the right thing and then reveal the real big bad of the expansion, or something similarly stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

we've literally killed a lot of people. merely a setback.
    You mean besides the fact that Arthas killed the great blue wyrm Sapphiron and raised him as undead?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    We've seen Arthas in the Maw already, we actually saw him many years ago, during the Edge of Night short story. All that remains of Arthas is the crying child that he always was inside, being tortured for eternity for his crimes against the living.
    real question: do you think the writers know/remember that story exists?

The Jailer is actually arthas after some serious training in the gym to get ripped and he got so ripped and strong that he went bald and his heart exploded.

How am i going?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You mean besides the fact that Arthas killed the great blue wyrm Sapphiron and raised him as undead?
    i'm sure he did. chances are he raised almost every undead dragon in existence, cause that's quite hard to do.

he also raised sylvanas but i don't see arthas in BFA. he also raised invincible but i don't see him in hillsbrad. didn't see him in legion either despite a bunch of references.

the wowhead article where hes datamined even suggest hes tied to maldraxxus, where kelthuzad, his master, is.

you don't have to convince me arthas will be in shadowlands, but to use sapphiron as proof for it is quite the stretch.

i'm sure he did. chances are he raised almost every undead dragon in existence, cause that's quite hard to do.

he also raised sylvanas but i don't see arthas in BFA. he also raised invincible but i don't see him in hillsbrad. didn't see him in legion either despite a bunch of references.

the wowhead article where hes datamined even suggest hes tied to maldraxxus, where kelthuzad, his master, is.

you don't have to convince me arthas will be in shadowlands, but to use sapphiron as proof for it is quite the stretch.
    I'm refering to this:

sapphiron is tied to naxxramas and maybe kel thuzad, not arthas.
    Sapphiron is most certainly tied to Arthas, not Kel Thuzad.

real question: do you think the writers know/remember that story exists?
    Yes. They cited it in the Shadowlands reveal as the first appearance of the Maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Arthas will appear and get some minor development, like willfully mindwiped kyrian or going to revendreth for what he imply will be all eternety (aka, thinks he can never redeem himself but will try) but rather play as a piece to other characters stories such as Sylvannas, KT and Kaelthas.

I'm refering to this:

Sapphiron is most certainly tied to Arthas, not Kel Thuzad.
    as much as be buying a puppy and giving it to you is.

as much as be buying a puppy and giving it to you is.
    What in the world are you talking about oO

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Right, and one guarded KT and one was guarding Arthas. Sapphiron appeared only in Naxx, a raid that has KT as a final boss, whereas Sindragosa was in the opening cinematic and part of ICC.
    Conveniently leaving out all the development of Warcraft 3. With that logic Illidan was just a random nobody sitting atop a temple in TBC.

What in the world are you talking about oO
    if i buy a puppy and give it to you, it's your dog, not mine.
    if the lich king raises a random named dragon and gives i to kel thuzad, it's kelthuzads dragon not the lich kings.

it's not like he was an important part of the war3 story or anything either.