Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    They also used a monk.
    You're massively underselling why monks are op on prog (keyword here is prog). When you are doing prog the only reason a tank will die (other than a fuckup/wipe) is spike damage, because at that level you aren't going to die to lack of heals. Stagger effectively eliminates spike damage which means under normal circumstances a BrM will never die to nonfuck up damage. That is why BrM will always be strong explicitly on prog.
    No, I'm not and I also agree with you. But if you look at the mythic bosses in the current raid tier, with regard to damage type and pattern they seem to be designed to give other tanks beside BrM a place to shine. Nevertheless BrM is still overall a very strong tank for raiding and progression.

The description of @exochaft is pretty accurate, you don't die to the spike but you cannot pull yourself back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    In that case Paladin wins, you can easily tank a raid boss with just passive damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    In that case Paladin wins, you can easily tank a raid boss with just passive damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=5
    I think you kinda missed the joke, the DH is only casting shear. The pally is still using AS, cons, judgment and SoR.

%MY_CLASS% is the hardest and %YOUR_CLASS% is easiest

But seriously every single tank spec is very easy to play casually and again every single tank spec has a lot of stuff to minmax about in their rotations. I can't really name something specifically.

Ok, if we talk about ABSOLUTE EXTREMES then the most passive one would be bear as his passive defenses are very good and it's mostly reaction based gameplay than preventive.
    And the absolute minmaxing would be brewmaster just because how its kit work with balancing stagger and brews.
    Both extremes are pretty close to each other tho and I wouldn't choose a spec solely based how easy/hard it is being perceived by the community. Just play whatever gameplay/theme you like the most.

I think you kinda missed the joke, the DH is only casting shear. The pally is still using AS, cons, judgment and SoR.
    There was no joke. Just misinformation. All 3 of the DH that person handpicked used abilities other than shear. All 3 used Brand. All 3 used strike. 1 cast Sigil of Flame. 2 used Immo aura. 2 used Throw Glaive.

All 3 had dedicated HPal to heal them. All 3 used demon spikes. 2 used psychic shell. All 3 stacked hella haste corruptions in order to do what they did.

OP asked which tank is easiest to play. They didn't ask which tank can cheese the fuck out of 1 specific fight.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    nope. try again. you can easily tank raid bosses with only death and heart strike.
    Imagine not knowing how a class is played and spout nonsense to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The only tank that needs a functional brain in this game is Brewmaster monk, the rest of them are so fucking easy to play.
    So just don't pick brew and you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The only tank that needs a functional brain in this game is Brewmaster monk,
    More like the only one that doesn't require any, as long as you have healers in the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    There was no joke. Just misinformation. All 3 of the DH that person handpicked used abilities other than shear.
    You missed the part where they actually solo tank a boss that is meant to be 2-tanked and pump massive hps just from soul fragments that are completely passive.

Meanwhile you present a pally log that does 90% of his damage in the only phase that boss stands still and doesn't need to be "tanked" because it's basically inactive.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you kinda missed the joke, the DH is only casting shear.
    The joke is that despite this "strat" being generally a cheesy 1-button build it's actually pretty effective for what it does. It's not meant to do crazy dps, it's meant to provide crazy self healing, in all cases the dhs are outhealing all the healers in those encounters.

Yes, you have to stack a lot of corruptions to achieve this, but you also get the benefit of being able to solo tank an encounter that has debuffs meant to kill the tank if no tank swap is performed.

And contrary to Rextroy's shenanigans (1-shot wrathion with prot pally vid) there's no literal "exploit" used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The only tank that needs a functional brain in this game is Brewmaster monk, the rest of them are so fucking easy to play.
    So just don't pick brew and you're good.
    Muh gad how times change, maaan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Imagine not even using bone shield. Atleast you can easily spot the lfr raiders in this thread.
    can tank, and tank to maximum effect are two different statements. I simply pointed out that a DK CAN, and EASILY tank up to heroic content with just those two buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrange View Post
    Imagine not knowing how a class is played and spout nonsense to people.
    imagine spouting nonsense about someone you don't know who is stating things he has done.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Surprised people say Monk. Maybe I need to try it again on my alt...But as a main feral/tank since TBC: Guardian druid is very simple and kinda bored.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

As a tank main, I will say that the best starter tank is def the prot paladin. It is very forgiving as a lot of your defense is baked in. Come Shadowlands, Monk will be the easiest imo as far as a baseline skill level. Obviously many of the difficulties change when you want to play at a high level, but monk will legit just do a dps rotation and hit purifying brew when your stagger changes color.

Monks. There's absolutely no nuance to that shit spec. Keep ISB up, press the other when stagger goes red, done. Every once in a while you might wanna press your Expel when you're fortunate enough to get more than 2 spheres within 6 minutes.... but that's it. As long as you keep ISB up and press the other one every once in a while you'll be as perfectly healable as a monk can be.

A lot of people say paladins, but paladins take crazy amounts of damage if they don't plan their CDs out properly and, what'll inevitably happen without Lucid Dreams, drop their SotR. This might become less of an issue with SL, but at least right now there's a lot of planning and juggling that goes into playing pally properly. Yes, you have a lot of tools, but once you get into proper content you actually need all of these tools to do what a fucking brewmaster accomplishes by pressing ISB.

I'd also add druids because, much like monks, it's really just keeping IF up and spamming Thrash.

Warrior, like paladins, need proper spell weaving to be as sturdy as they can get and both DKs and DHs need to constantly anticipate dying at any given moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK literally has 5 buttons: Marrowrend, Blood Boil, Death Strike, Rune Strike and Death and Decay.

Press them all on cooldown and maximise Bone Shield stacks and you're good to go; it is literally brainless.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Blood DK literally has 5 buttons: Marrowrend, Blood Boil, Death Strike, Rune Strike and Death and Decay.

Press them all on cooldown and maximise Bone Shield stacks and you're good to go; it is literally brainless.
    You really should not make such comments if you do not even know how the class is played....

1) Nobody uses Rune Strike.

2) Neither Marrowrend nor Death Strike have a CD

3) Maximizing Bone Shield stacks is nonesense. You just want them above 5 and only ever use Marrowrend when you are at 7 Stacks or lower or the duration runs out. If you use it more then that you are massively wasting runes that you need for Heart Strike (RP generation)

4) Death Strike might just be one of the most complex active mitigations in the game where a mistake will literally kill you. You can't spam it every time you got enough Runic Power, then you will die for certain. You need to pool RP and only use it after you recieved a sufficient amount of damage otherwise it heals you for merely 5% of your max Health. You are walking a very dangerous line and have to make a judgement call every few seconds if it the right time to DS or if you can eat another hit and thus heal for even more. If you make a mistake there you will simply die.
    Compared to other Tanks that have a ton of passive armor and mitigation DKs take almost as much damage as a DPS since their armor is about on that level (they get no passive armor buff at all) and Bone Shield is just a small buff so the surviability is completely reliant of getting the timing of DS right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    You really should not make such comments if you do not even know how the class is played....
    Same could be said for you...
    1) Nobody uses Rune Strike.
    False, I use it.
    2) Neither Marrowrend nor Death Strike have a CD
    False, they have a cooldown based off your current rune cooldowns.
    3) Maximizing Bone Shield stacks is nonesense. You just want them above 5 and only ever use Marrowrend when you are at 7 Stacks or lower or the duration runs out. If you use it more then that you are massively wasting runes that you need for Heart Strike (RP generation)
    False (twice!):
    *Heart Strike is a waste of runes; if you want to do AoE damage use Blood Boil or DnD if it's free. The entire ability is a noob trap
    *Foul Bulwark mandates maximum Bone Shield stacks
    4) Death Strike might just be one of the most complex active mitigations in the game where a mistake will literally kill you.
    It really isn't; it's exactly one button. If you want complicated active mitigation check the garbage fire that is Prot Warrior or Prot Paladin.

<3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

False, I use it.
    Which says nothing. And considering your later remarks ...

Resources cost and CD are not the same thing but keep going...

False (twice!):
    *Heart Strike is a waste of runes; if you want to do AoE damage use Blood Boil or DnD if it's free. The entire ability is a noob trap
    I am baffled (twice!) by your complete lack of knowledge of how to play the class. Try reading any guide on Blood DKs first... like here: https://www.method.gg/guides/blood-deathknight/talents

1) Heart Strike is absolutely essential, especially in higher M+ where you need to generate huge amounts of RP to heal enough in big pulls. Which is also why no one who ever played the class in anything but World Quests uses Rune Strike, they use Heart Breaker (for M+) because it hugely increases the amount of RP you generate in a big pull and Blood Drinker (for Raids). Rune Strike is considered niche at best with both other Talents being a lot stronger.

There is no way in hell you have ever tanked a M+ higher then 10 without the use of Heart Strike...

2) Foul Bulwark is again a niche Talent that nearly no one uses. So instead of maximising your resource generation and reducing the cost of DS with Ossuary you waste runes to stay at 10 stacks and all just so you have 10% more health? When you have enemies that take 20-30% of your health off with a glancing blow you might realize how pointless that is. The only halve-way sensible reason for this is stacking Twillight Devastation and maximising the damage, but I very much doubt that is worth it in any shape or form.

It really isn't; it's exactly one button. If you want complicated active mitigation check the garbage fire that is Prot Warrior or Prot Paladin.
    <3
    Yeah well, considering you have no clue of even such essential things as which Talents to pick and what abilities to use I think your opinion is suspect at best.

False, I use it.

False (twice!):

<3
    Damn bro you just embarassed yourself completely with this post.

Anyway people saying DK hasnt played one in m+. They are by far the hardest tank to play correctly in a m+ setting. Bar none.

I've played Druid, Warrior and Paladin.

Imo in that order Druid>Paladin>Warrior

Guardian is basically spamming swipe and trash and click Ironfur as much as you want since it stacks and Frenzy when you took a big hit.
    Other's has charges which you need to pay attention to when you need to press them (Shield Block and Shield of the Righteous)
    But in Shadowlands Paladin will be easier with Holy Power.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2020-08-10 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Damn bro you just embarassed yourself completely with this post.
    IKR, I feel really bad for this Raisei guy. He got completely demolished.

It's a shame mmo-champion doesn't do quote-in-quote...

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Anyway people saying DK hasnt played one in m+.
    I've +10ed with DK and Prot Warriors easily.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)