Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yes, on one side it's unfair to expect anything for allied races when they explicitly said they aren't planning to add customizations to them. On the other hand it feels like a massive bait and switch when they introduced all the allied races not so long ago (basically end of Legion until halfway of BFA), I race changed few of my characters and now their looks and options are inferior to the main races.

Them saying they won't add anything to the allied races is a massive middle finger to people that rolled them, either levelled them for heritage armor or racechanged existing characters. Especially when few of these races are already recolours of existing races and with inferior racials to boot. Mag'har and Dark Iron come to my mind, Dark Iron racial is vastly inferior to normal Dwarf outside of pvp maybe, and Mag'har is fairly underwhelming too.
    It's really not, but carry on and be dramatic like that

Most of the player base play the original races, so it makes sense they're going to cater to that side of the player base first in terms of customizations.

I thought Humans had the most new options so far? I'm pretty sure Blizzard said in an interview for SL that Human customisation was a big push.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Most of the player base play the original races, so it makes sense they're going to cater to that side of the player base first in terms of customizations.
    Oh noes, because a multi billion company couldn't possibly do both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard said in an interview for SL that Human customisation was a big push.
    Doesn't seem anything revolutionary outside of pandering to the "racial diversity" crowd. I mean ok, they added black skin colour, few afro hairstyles and 3 jaw shape variants. Nothing out of the ordinary. Cool that they add them, as long as the SJW crowd doesn't cry "how dare white people make an African Azerothian human this is insulting towards real black people!" etc. etc. (SJWs are weird like that). The options look good, but they're too few imo. Like 2-3 options for black or asian type only.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Orc males have a few new hair options, 3 tusks, a few new beards, eye color, a couple scars and grime, and a couple paints and tattoos.

Goblins can fully customize thier faces including chin and nose which imo is more important than a couple tattoos and warpaint.
    ... that's because those options were always there for Goblins, they were just tied together. They didn't make new features for Goblins, they just untied them and allowed you to separately use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I wonder if they always give worgen less to make people play humans.
    Well, considering the moral of the Worgen heritage questline is "Being a worgen sucks, stay human if you can." Hmh, perhaps you're more right than you realize.

Oh noes, because a multi billion company couldn't possibly do both.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't seem anything revolutionary outside of pandering to the "racial diversity" crowd. I mean ok, they added black skin colour, few afro hairstyles and 3 jaw shape variants. Nothing out of the ordinary. Cool that they add them, as long as the SJW crowd doesn't cry "how dare white people make an African Azerothian human this is insulting towards real black people!" etc. etc. (SJWs are weird like that). The options look good, but they're too few imo. Like 2-3 options for black or asian type only.
    It’s called taking priority ffs. Customisation is low priority compare to, y’know, developing the main story line, raids, dungeons, classes etc. They’re not going to throw all of their resources into making sure all of the races have an equal amount of customisations for launch when it’s something they can keep gradually adding throughout the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    ... that's because those options were always there for Goblins, they were just tied together. They didn't make new features for Goblins, they just untied them and allowed you to separately use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, considering the moral of the Worgen heritage questline is "Being a worgen sucks, stay human if you can." Hmh, perhaps you're more right than you realize.
    So? Its much more noticeable customization then tattoos and warpaint that partially cover each other up. Most if not all of the beard/sideburns options are just unlinked original options and both get jewelery. Id much rather have a face you can create than a couple tattoo options 99% of transmogs wont show.

I am scared whenever I remember that Forsaken will get a questline like that too in the future.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I wonder what's Blizz obsession about adding bald hairstyle to every race including females
    Because adding the bald option took them literally zero effort, and many people will like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am scared whenever I remember that Forsaken will get a questline like that too in the future.
    It will involve Calia lightforging Forsaken into pale regular humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Because adding the bald option took them literally zero effort, and many people will like it.
    Players rarely think practically.
    It will involve Calia lightforging Forsaken into pale regular humans.
    And giving them Garithos themed transmog.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Why would anyone play a fantasy series and choose humans? They add nothing to the table. And they're ugly.
    Simple answer. In my fantasy setting I imagine my character as a paladin. And I want my character to look kinda old with a nice beard and armor that resonates the essence of a paladin.
    Every other race that can be a paladin looks like ass TO ME. Tauren and draenei... no comment. I actually like draenei but armor looks terrible on them with their upper half looking twice as bulky as their lower half for males. Blood elves in plate look like they have sticks for legs when you wear a bulky plate boot.
    Humans in plate armor just look perfect. Everything sits very well on them and I love it. Hence I play human.

Is that basically it for customisation options now? There seems to have been little new added for a while.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Yes, on one side it's unfair to expect anything for allied races when they explicitly said they aren't planning to add customizations to them. On the other hand it feels like a massive bait and switch when they introduced all the allied races not so long ago (basically end of Legion until halfway of BFA), I race changed few of my characters and now their looks and options are inferior to the main races.

Them saying they won't add anything to the allied races is a massive middle finger to people that rolled them, either levelled them for heritage armor or racechanged existing characters. Especially when few of these races are already recolours of existing races and with inferior racials to boot. Mag'har and Dark Iron come to my mind, Dark Iron racial is vastly inferior to normal Dwarf outside of pvp maybe, and Mag'har is fairly underwhelming too.
    the fact that they were added "not long ago" as well ass the fact that they had more options than original races in the first place are pretty good reason not to get more customization. the fact that you decided to race change isnt opn them, its on you. you wanted the change, you got it. assuming nothing was going to change (especailly with a new xpac on the horizon) is also on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Is that basically it for customisation options now? There seems to have been little new added for a while.
    i wouldnt assume we will see more large customization changes, but i also wouldnt think we are completely finished either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Safe to say they are done now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    the fact that they were added "not long ago" as well ass the fact that they had more options than original races in the first place are pretty good reason not to get more customization. the fact that you decided to race change isnt opn them, its on you. you wanted the change, you got it. assuming nothing was going to change (especailly with a new xpac on the horizon) is also on you.
    Excuse me, were is this Allied Race that has more options than Core Races do in BFA?

All of their customization is very, very sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    the fact that they were added "not long ago" as well ass the fact that they had more options than original races in the first place are pretty good reason not to get more customization.
    They don't. Especially Nightborne and LF Draenei have really poor amount of choices. 3 skin colours ffs. The race that already had plenty of choice, i.e. Void Elves, gets even more, but well, elf fanbase is big so I see the point of adding more option to already plenty played races (belf / velf / nelf), but why Nightborne aren't on that list?

Also Nightborne have fewer faces than their parent race, Nelf.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    So? Its much more noticeable customization then tattoos and warpaint that partially cover each other up. Most if not all of the beard/sideburns options are just unlinked original options and both get jewelery. Id much rather have a face you can create than a couple tattoo options 99% of transmogs wont show.
    My point is that these options weren't custom made for Goblins for Shadowlands. They were always there, just linked together.

They didn't make a bunch of new meshes to offer them as new features. When it comes to actually new features, Goblins don't really have many.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Some things I’d love to see:
    Forsaken getting an upright stance. Also, complete armor option instead of the broken pieces.
    Gnomes getting some more facial options. Maybe some unique goggles/tool belt options and some ash/grease marks.
    Some better fitting helmets for male Tauren and Worgen.
    Panda forms for Druids, maybe give Pandaren Druid forms.
    Saberon, or similar, models for Feral Druids.
    Glasses for races.
    I've been wanting Glassed as a customizable for a long time, and more Gnome options like the one listed would be kinda sweet, and Gods yes... fix the Helm models for Tauren and Worgen.

Seems that way. I feel bad for Worgen players.

"B-but they get all the options humans get-"

So? They're Worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players rarely think practically.
    What... does that have to do with the bald option?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I've been wanting Glassed as a customizable for a long time, and more Gnome options like the one listed would be kinda sweet, and Gods yes... fix the Helm models for Tauren and Worgen.
    Ah, yes, glasses, please give me, so many players use glasses that it surprise me that there aren't any normal glasses in the game, be it customization or at least a transmog head piece (like the monocle)

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I do remember that Genn daughter wanted to take the course but was persuaded otherwise cause it was "not a good idea" but it sound strange when you have in mind that in Hearthstone Genn quote is literally: "Our curse has become our greatest strength", but yeah, in the end is HS not a good comparison for the sake of actual lore.

I wonder if Worgen are doomed like the Forsaken to disappear completely eventually (at least from the Alliance)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    What... does that have to do with the bald option?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, yes, glasses, please give me, so many players use glasses that it surprise me that there aren't any normal glasses in the game, be it customization or at least a transmog head piece (like the monocle)

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I do remember that Genn daughter wanted to take the course but was persuaded otherwise cause it was "not a good idea" but it sound strange when you have in mind that in Hearthstone Genn quote is literally: "Our curse has become our greatest strength", but yeah, in the end is HS not a good comparison for the sake of actual lore.

I wonder if Worgen are doomed like the Forsaken to disappear completely eventually (at least from the Alliance)
    It is an NPC thing. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    It is an NPC thing. >.<
    Now my question.... WHY CAN'T I GET THOSE?!

And please Blizzard, for whenever you make them a thing, don't make them Cloth only