Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We had quite a few high schools in my area, we just had more students than we could keep up with due to the rapidly expanding nature of Clark County, Nevada at that time.

Looked it up and they're up to 72 high schools in the district, the normal public ones average over 3000 students right now.
    That seems nuts to me, we have 1 high school in the district I am in and back when I went we only had 400 people in the entire school. That was 12 years ago and talking to some of my friends who became teachers apparently it is still around the same amount of students.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Looks like the suspension was reversed. I guess the school administration is trying some damage control now.

Full article:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...yre-suspended/
    Yeah, that didn't take long.

The people responsible realized they need their jobs and salaries after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    "...and theres is no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them"

Fuckin bullshit, tell that to ever girl that ever got sent home because you could see a little bit of her bra or because their skirt was abit too short.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    "...and theres is no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them"

Fuckin bullshit, tell that to ever girl that ever got sent home because you could see a little bit of her bra or because their skirt was abit too short.
    Or because her shirt/pants were too tight, shoulders were showing, wasn't wearing a bra...insert million other random arbitrary rules an 18 century Puritan can come up with after reading the Old Testament.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's been the story of this entire pandemic

Republicans are like "let's hide anything from this that makes us look bad!"
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's been the story of this entire pandemic

Republicans are like "let's hide anything from this that makes us look bad!"
    I like this article. The school district is basically run by a bunch of old prudes.

Georgia High School Is Unable to Mandate Face Masks, But Perfectly Capable of Enforcing Sexist Dress Code

Otott also told The Times that the administration strongly encourages face masks for students and staff members, but because there are over 2,000 students in the school they will not be enforcing a rule.

"Wearing a mask is a personal choice, and there is no practical way to enforce a mandate to wear them," he wrote.

Apparently, Otott hasn't read his own school district's handbook, because they seemingly have no problem enforcing a dress mandate when it comes specifically to their female students. In the 54-page document obtained by Mother Jones, an entire page (p. 11) is dedicated to what articles of clothing students can and can't put on their bodies – most of which, is directed at female students.

The dress code is absurdly specific, stating that shorts "must be appropriate (5" from the top of kneecap as measured by a ruler or the width of a 3 x 5 index card)" and that "shoulders must be covered, and arm holes must be tight fitting." It also bans "pajamas, bedroom shoes, or other sleepwear," as well as "caps, hats, hoods, bandanas, wave caps, sweatbands, sunglasses, or any other head covering," – oh, and "cheerleaders must wear warm-ups under cheerleading uniforms except during games and pep rallies."

Apparently, the school is incapable of telling students to wear a simple trip of fabric on their face – something that can be seen at a millisecond glance – but when it comes to teen girls in shorts, WATCH OUT people, because they've got a 3x5 index card and they're not afraid to measure you with it.

Mother Jones also uncovered that one of the middle schools in the district has not one, but THREE pages about leggings in their 24-page dress code PowerPoint. LEGGINGS. An article of clothing that, to my knowledge, has never killed anyone before, unlike COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If I was the parent of this child I'd be glad my kid isn't in that mass-outbreak-waiting-to-happen. And later I would sue the school.

Now they just need to sue and you can go play the lotto.

Principal Gabe Carmona wrote that six students and three staff members who were in school last week have since reported positive tests for COVID-19.

The school district has not announced if students who were exposed will have to quarantine and have not given any notice about shutting down classrooms.
    Because fuck you that's why!

Looks like the kid was way better of staying away from that school after all lol.

I would probably had skiped school rather then being in that shit when i went.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus...ways_go_viral/

Days after photos of packed hallways go viral, Paulding high school reports 9 COVID 19 cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Principal Gabe Carmona wrote that six students and three staff members who were in school last week have since reported positive tests for COVID-19.

The school district has not announced if students who were exposed will have to quarantine and have not given any notice about shutting down classrooms.
    Also this.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-08-09 at 08:43 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yeeep. Wouldn't even let my kid go to school if masks aren't mandated. The 9 cases showing up just proves the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    sip
    Sigh. I haven't even looked into it and somehow managed to nail it.

Seriously...anyone who spends that much time thinking about what teenage girls can and cannot wear has to a creep.

Like I'd pay hard cash to go through the browser history of whoever wrote those rules.

I'd also like to point out the mile long list of things teenage girls aren't allowed to put on their heads.

I have always been fascinated by idiots in power who do things before thinking of consequences.
    Of course the suspension is now lifted. Because they clearly did not think before slapping her with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

I'd brag about my ability to see the future....but you don't need a crystal ball to predict the obvious.

Students should follow the rules and regulation.

So now the student who posted the picture is getting death threats from fellow students as well as members of the community at large. What kind of cowardly, deplorable person would send death threats to a teenage girl just because she tried to call attention to a dangerous situation? These are some truly fucked up people.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    So now the student who posted the picture is getting death threats from fellow students as well as members of the community at large. What kind of cowardly, deplorable person would send death threats to a teenage girl just because she tried to call attention to a dangerous situation? These are some truly fucked up people.
    parents have a lot of infleunce over their kids, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    School in the USA is 20% education, 80% day care. 50% of a working family cannot return to work because day care is shut down. People are losing their minds as tons of unintended debt is piling up.

That's how little girls get harassed. . . . or if she says "climate change is real" . . . /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    School in the USA is 20% education, 80% day care. 50% of a working family cannot return to work because day care is shut down. People are losing their minds as tons of unintended debt is piling up.

That's how little girls get harassed. . . . or if she says "climate change is real" . . . /shrug
    They could get their kids to commit crimes and get locked up for a bit. I mean if they really don't care about the safety of their kids....

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

There's also the socializing element that schools provide and which is MASSIVELY underrated in importance (not that Conservatives much care about teaching their kids how to function in a society).

This whole situation really is a catch 22 where poor families are faced with only bad choices of varying degrees.

Tho it still hasn't seem to occur to any of them that underfunding education for decades on end and jamming 40 kids into a class room has been a generally bad idea.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-08-10 at 03:06 PM.

Everyone involved in suspending this student should be insta-unemployed.