Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    another thing, look at the cosmology chart, shadow is a part of void. It makes perfect sense to use both.

- - - Updated - - -

CAn you see the shadow chart? its ALL SHADOW, void its just a different name for the same thing that is shadow.

5+ Year Old Account
    Void and Shadow its just question of magnitude.

SHADOW feels like :

While Void feels like that:
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

SHADOW feels like :
    https://ietp-web-cdn-eandt-cache.azu...f03ee84725.jpg

https://www.virtualmosque.com/wp-con...1b14452e78.jpg

There just the same thing if your using shadow magic your taping into the void there hasn’t been any upper limit shown, things infused with the void can use it easier and with a greater understanding but nothing points to another shadow user not being able to do the same.

Just look at holy and the light they work the same way the light forged might be infused with the light and know how to do things normal holy users don’t because of it but then you have people like velen who are just as strong if not stronger in the light then any light forged and could likely learn to do those same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but as what I've seen and heard it's just great and I think every class and spec should receive same love and treatment.
    That would require blizzard to allocate resources to stuff that isn't broken - Never going to happen. They need to work on projects that keep people subbed for longer, not increase the actual fun level of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Berserk is actually coming back for Guardian. It's actually better for Guardian than it is for Feral, too. I agree Feral needs a touch-up, but I don't really agree they need a rework - they just need something more exciting overall, and making Berserk have a bigger impact would be a good first step, imo (they also need more utility).
    Ooh, it is!? So nice. I've been keeping away from beta stuff, want it to be a surprise. Unnerfing berserk would be another nice step. How it went from 30 seconds, breaking fear, fear immunity for duration, 50% energy reduction to its current state is sad.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Shadow as part of the priest spec makes in so far as it is the negative pole of the classes dichotomy with discipline in the middle and holy on the other end. But I agree, frankly I'd rather have a pure holy caster as the offensive spec. But I doubt shadow has enough meat to stand on it's own as a caster. It already struggles to be sufficiently different to affliction theme wise, with alot of good fait you might be able to carve a niche for the psychic and the void aspects of shadow, but I'm not really seeing it tbh, since they are too close even in lore these days.
    I am sure you have read warcraft rpg book, why could not blizzard just follow through with it when designing class? Troll Shadowpriest is a versatile and outrageously unique priest class. It is more outlandish than those absurd priest classes in D&D. What a missed opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    you are wrong, the original full shadow priests were forsaken who couldnt use the light. They were called "cult of the forgotten shadow"

- - - Updated - - -

you can google that if you want.
    I am talking about Troll Shadowpriest from warcraft rpg book. It is a vastly unique and versatile class rather than the watered down garbage we have now.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I am sure you have read warcraft rpg book, why could not blizzard just follow through with it when designing class? Troll Shadowpriest is a versatile and outrageously unique priest class. It is more outlandish than those absurd priest classes in D&D. What a missed opportunity.

- - - Updated - - -

I am talking about Troll Shadowpriest from warcraft rpg book. It is a vastly unique and versatile class rather than the watered down garbage we have now.
    Oh, apologies then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen much of the new spriest, but if the rework made the class feel complete baseline and talents feel like additions instead of necessities then yes that's how all specs should feel.

I agree Guardian Druid is very boring and could use a lot of stuff to spice it up, but it also seems like Guardian being easy is the point. It's clearly the easiest tank by far, so maybe it's supposed to be the new-player-tank?

I do wish it would get more interesting but I don't think it's gonna happen since to Blizzard it isn't that the design is wrong (if I'm right).
    Druid is by far not a class that a new player think: this is an easy class to begin with; i think if a new player wants to play something like this, they would play warrior. Druid is by far too easy and guardians are far too boring.

Would have been very embarrassing to release a trash Shadow spec in an expansion called SHADOWlands.

SHADOW feels like :

It literally says the shadow covers more in the chart i just posted.

- - - Updated - - -

First thing in chronicle, first line: "in the beginning, there was only light and shadow"

Say this not to us, but to blizzardo

Cosmology chart shows its like HOLY LIGHT vs SHADOW VOID.

[IMG ]https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/blog/images/19322-the-cosmic-forces-cosmology-chart-in-color.jpg[/IMG]

they actually retconed that 1 around Legion. I'm 99% sure about it.

Only if every spec goes through four fucking expansions of being shafted by the clueless developers first.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    they actually retconed that 1 around Legion. I'm 99% sure about it.
    But how can you really retcon something like this :

1) Light vs Darkness (void)

2) Death vs Life (nature)

3) Order vs Disorder .

I mean what can be done to change this?)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-08-11 at 03:32 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

5+ Year Old Account
    But how can you really retcon something like this :

1) Light vs Darkness (void)

2) Death vs Life (nature)

3) Order vs Disorder .

I mean what can be done to change this?)
    Considering that they've already retconned the vengeful, sociopathic, scheming Forsaken into sad humans with a skin condition, I don't see why they couldn't try their hand at some (or all!) of the points you make in your post
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Druid is by far not a class that a new player think: this is an easy class to begin with; i think if a new player wants to play something like this, they would play warrior. Druid is by far too easy and guardians are far too boring.
    I don't fully disagree but Druid being the class with every role does make it look appealing for new players that don't know what role they want to play.

Regardless, Guardian is unquestionably the easiest tank, and I can't imagine that isn't intentional.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't fully disagree but Druid being the class with every role does make it look appealing for new players that don't know what role they want to play.

Regardless, Guardian is unquestionably the easiest tank, and I can't imagine that isn't intentional.
    Idk, they may be the easiest tank, but I doubt that your average newb trying to roll a tank will go precisely with a Druid. He/she is imo far more likely to go with a more traditional, sword and board toon, i.e. Warrior or Paladin. And while none are exactly "hard" to play, they still need a couple of extra brain cells, when compared to Druid. Especially the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I haven't played it yet, but as what I've seen and heard it's just great and I think every class and spec should receive same love and treatment.
    Give it few years of sucking balls with non-functional class and then enjoy your rework!
    Honestly I doubt it will be fully functional or balanced, because its Blizzard. Quality of gameplay or class balance isnt something blizz is famous for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    2h shaman will never happened, it was never an intended playstyle - it was only good for one time in the game. It's hasn't been a thing for over 10 years, please get over it
    it still has far more history than 2h frost DK tho? that was always DW spec IIRC. If they can make 2H frost, they can make 2h enha

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Idk, they may be the easiest tank, but I doubt that your average newb trying to roll a tank will go precisely with a Druid. He/she is imo far more likely to go with a more traditional, sword and board toon, i.e. Warrior or Paladin. And while none are exactly "hard" to play, they still need a couple of extra brain cells, when compared to Druid. Especially the former.
    Again, I don't necessarily disagree, but the fact of the matter is that Druid is by far the easiest tank, and that's impossibly by mistake.

Whether it SHOULD be Druid is another thing, but currently it should be clear to everyone that Guardian is, by design, the easiest.