Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I really don’t care what floor you start on I’m just questioning the whole don’t need to level/do lower tier dungeons which doesn’t really make sense unless you only play once boost are in/get carried. But that said if you do only play once all the catchup stuff and max level boost are in then your likely not the kind of person blizzard would want feedback from when it comes to new expan stuff.
    I don't get your reasoning... a lot of players start on mythic when it comes to end game progression... not many people bother with heroics anymore.

The idea that blizzard doesn't want feedback from that type of player seems a bit folly you cant just design for the lowest common denominator.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't get your reasoning... a lot of players start on mythic when it comes to end game progression... not many people bother with heroics anymore.

The idea that blizzard doesn't want feedback from that type of player seems a bit folly you cant just design for the lowest common denominator.
    Well my post isn’t about starting on mythic at the start of an expan it’s about waiting until 6.2/7.2/8.2 getting a boost to max then likely getting carried though mythic by people who already know every thing. Some one who skips the majority of the expan and just gets a max level boost to go though the content after all catch ups are in really isn’t a good source of feedback for any thing at the start of an expan.

Well my post isn’t about starting on mythic at the start of an expan it’s about waiting until 6.2/7.2/8.2 getting a boost to max then likely getting carried though mythic by people who already know every thing. Some one who skips the majority of the expan and just gets a max level boost to go though the content after all catch ups are in really isn’t a good source of feedback for any thing at the start of an expan.
    I'm not sure I agree. Even if they skipped they would still have to hit essences. I would say it depends on where they ended more then where they started.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I agree. Even if they skipped they would still have to hit essences. I would say it depends on where they ended more then where they started.
    The end patch doesn’t keep people subbed at the start and doesn’t lay the ground work for the whole Of the expan. A good start can build into an amazing expan but a good ending isn’t going to elevate a poor one.

The end patch doesn’t keep people subbed at the start and doesn’t lay the ground work for the whole Of the expan. A good start can build into an amazing expan but a good ending isn’t going to elevate a poor one.
    True but I don't recall bfa having that good of a start and that brings the point back full cycle... assuming they can complete the uarder difficulties first what issue arises from letting people start higher.

7+ Year Old Account
    True but I don't recall bfa having that good of a start and that brings the point back full cycle... assuming they can complete the uarder difficulties first what issue arises from letting people start higher.
    I don’t think there is any problem letting people start higher though I can already see people getting dunked on because there used to playing with catch up systems and complaining.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think there is any problem letting people start higher though I can already see people getting dunked on because there used to playing with catch up systems and complaining.
    ^^^
    Its fine being able to unlock hard modes easily, hell good example pokemon gen 5 had an actual difficulty setting, once you beat the game you could using DS share, share the easy mode, and hard mode with new players, so they can play through on easy or hard instead of normal.

but torghast is literally just do 2 fucking runs and you unlock hard mode.. like holy shit the people complaining they have to PLAY TORGHAST TWICE to unlock hardmode torghast for the next 2 fucking years its just... ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I really don’t care what floor you start on I’m just questioning the whole don’t need to level/do lower tier dungeons which doesn’t really make sense unless you only play once boost are in/get carried. But that said if you do only play once all the catchup stuff and max level boost are in then your likely not the kind of person blizzard would want feedback from when it comes to new expan stuff.
    I started doing mythic dungeons at level cap. I didn't see a need to do lower ones. I think you highly overestimate how difficult wow is entry wise. If it wasn't for essences and corruption you could be mythic raid ready (first few bosses not full clear) in about a week of hitting level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I don’t find failure and bad runs fun. I’m fine with it being easy and to always succeed. If I want to fail at something, I’ll log off and go do some real life.
    So the attitude of a child who never wants to earn anything and be given stuff in a silver plater.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I don’t find failure and bad runs fun. I’m fine with it being easy and to always succeed. If I want to fail at something, I’ll log off and go do some real life.
    Why not just watch movies then? Playing something is the same as having agency. Having agency means being able to fail. If you literally cannot fail, then you are not playing a game, you are watching a movie. Even extremely simple games like Spyro Year of the Dragon or Crash Team Racing have clearly defined loss criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    So the attitude of a child who never wants to earn anything and be given stuff in a silver plater.
    Sure, children are the ones that need to escape a life full of work, bills, responsibilities and stress by playing a game. There’s plenty to do to inflate your epeen in wow, so don’t worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Why not just watch movies then? Playing something is the same as having agency. Having agency means being able to fail. If you literally cannot fail, then you are not playing a game, you are watching a movie. Even extremely simple games like Spyro Year of the Dragon or Crash Team Racing have clearly defined loss criteria.
    If you think the only difference between a movie and a game is being able to fail, then there’s nothing I can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by d00dles View Post
    Right now casuals don't care about Warfronts/Islands because they are boring and easy. People would rather play classic and beat Onyxia while naked than do Warfronts. That's how bad it is. I just don't want blizz to turn Torghast into wasted content.
    Actualyl, they don't care because they out level the gear rewards from them. IF you have a iLvL of 445, what is the point of doing a Warfront that only gives a piece of ILvL 400 gear at best? There is zero reason to do them because there are no more useful rewards.

I mean the catch up systems are to offset terrible systems. Grind X so you get a flat dmg buff like the essences isn't super charging your class its bring you up to the base line.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but torghast is literally just do 2 fucking runs and you unlock hard mode.. like holy shit the people complaining they have to PLAY TORGHAST TWICE to unlock hardmode torghast for the next 2 fucking years its just... ugh.
    I'm literally laughing ... out of sympathy with you at the end of your rope.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I'm literally laughing ... out of sympathy with you at the end of your rope.
    At this point for my sanity i just block people who say the most dumb stuff like this. legit "Torghast is just a clone of island expeditions"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Torghast, is looking like Islands 2.0. it's already changed so much from something looking really fun to, just another chore to do every week.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean the catch up systems are to offset terrible systems. Grind X so you get a flat dmg buff like the essences isn't super charging your class its bring you up to the base line.
    catch up systems also apply to things as simple as gear which in most cases will let you just ignore things you otherwise couldn't.

Torghast is fun, the 6 runs you have to do to unlock it however are not fun >.>

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Torghast, is looking like Islands 2.0. it's already changed so much from something looking really fun to, just another chore to do every week.
    To be fair, I don't think how could anyone think otherwise, given Blizz's track as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

catch up systems also apply to things as simple as gear which in most cases will let you just ignore things you otherwise couldn't.
    Not really?

If you hit mythics at level cap you hit mythics at level cap. Nothing changes. Catch up gear hasn't been a thing like that for quite a while... they just buffed the ilv of everything at level cap that is why it's so jarring to go from a heirloom right to 410 from the intro quest.