Poll: best new character customisation for shadowlands

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best character customisation update so far?

So, all the major updates are pretty much done fornow, while they'll keep getting new stuff down the line, and the allied races will get a lot more stuff coming, it's pretty much done for the major core races atm, minor a few polishing bits here and there.

So now every one has got a taste of what they are getting in shadowlands, it's time to vote which you think got the best upgrades, oh and fel free to post pics of examples.. hehe.. always nice to see.

For this poll I haven't counted allied races altho most have gotten a little something, they'll get stuff coming in later.

Got a source on them statements...?

I'm extremely biased but I love the new night elf customizations, the dark elf skin color, the leaves in the hair, it's just perfect!

Alliance races in my opinion are far ahead compaired to Horde races.

Some very easy cosmatic options for Horde races are not being done like:

Orcs: Chaos Orcs, Dragonmaw Orcs and Blackrock Orcs. Dragonmaw - Horde symbol tattoo options
    Trolls: Green options and more forest troll options.
    Taurens: Tail options, Beard options (altho Taurens are in pretty decent shape tho)
    Goblin: Skin options, Scares and burn marks from explosions.
    Undead: Full dead option so show more bones. Undead High Elf option and upright option like the guards in BfA.
    Blood Elves: They have decent options now altho they are now basicly the same as the Void Elves what makes nothing unique anymore.

Definitely fair-skin customization options for void elves. Not only does it make perfect sense lorewise, but it also adds a lot more variety to the race, and is something that I've personally been demanding since 2017

For main races I'd say probably blood elves, the new jewelry options are truly incredible.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves, followed by Humans.

I think that the Night Elf and Humans got the most amount of options.

I just hope that allied races get the same treatment at some point after the expansion launches. The Nightborne looks very barebones in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Alliance races in my opinion are far ahead compaired to Horde races.

Some very easy cosmatic options for Horde races are not being done like:

Orcs: Chaos Orcs, Dragonmaw Orcs and Blackrock Orcs. Dragonmaw - Horde symbol tattoo options
    Trolls: Green options and more forest troll options.
    Taurens: Tail options, Beard options (altho Taurens are in pretty decent shape tho)
    Goblin: Skin options, Scares and burn marks from explosions.
    Undead: Full dead option so show more bones. Undead High Elf option and upright option like the guards in BfA.
    Blood Elves: They have decent options now altho they are now basicly the same as the Void Elves what makes nothing unique anymore.
    Orcs: I think that Chaos Orcs with black tribal tattoos could look really cool.
    Trolls: Amani wants beards options. Give us beards, mon.
    Forsaken: Skeleton option would be cool but what I really want is the posture option.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So, all the major updates are pretty much done fornow, while they'll keep getting new stuff down the line, and the allied races will get a lot more stuff coming, it's pretty much done for the major core races atm, minor a few polishing bits here and there.

So now every one has got a taste of what they are getting in shadowlands, it's time to vote which you think got the best upgrades, oh and fel free to post pics of examples.. hehe.. always nice to see.

For this poll I haven't counted allied races altho most have gotten a little something, they'll get stuff coming in later.
    While the bulk of updates have gone towards Alliance, I am happy with the stuff coming for Tauren and belfs. Especially the former, looking forward to rolling more cows /moo
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So, all the major updates are pretty much done fornow,
    when did they said that

it's pretty much done for the major core races atm,
    and when did they say this

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm very disappointed that they didn't add proper red eyes for Orcs, preferably glowing ones.

I really like the Night Elf customizations, the good thing is that all of them are visible as long as you don't have the head covered by a helm.
    I even like the different ear size/forms, which I was worried about when I saw the new tiny blood elf ears.
    There are certainly still some stuff I would like to see, like a eye variation where you can see the iris a bit more clearly, more skin tones, just more jewelry and tattoos that cover more then just the face (also tattoo color for males), also more face variants would be nice.
    But what they got already is pretty good, a lot of the the things that were added were already established as a Night Elfs thing since WC3.

For blood elfs, I like some of the new hair styles, the arm jewelry is nice as well but you it probably only works with specific transmogs.
    Also Orcs, the tattoo layering is pretty cool.
    Humans got quite a bit but it doesn't strike me as particular interesting.

Night Elves for sure.

Last edited by Doffen; 2020-08-11 at 08:24 AM.

I voted forsaken, at least the female ones can actually look decent now. Can't wait to update my Rogue.

Nightelf close second though, I love the dark skin tones and the accessories.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Tauren/Draenei

Last edited by Dancaris; 2020-08-11 at 12:57 PM.

Do Zandalari have beards yet? That's honestly all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    when did they said that

and when did they say this
    Do they need to say it? they've done nothing new in weeks, we're going into ptr phase now. I'm sure more will come down the line, especially for allied races, and likely a few minor here and there like I said in the OP, but the major stuff is done for now.

I am not holding out for more stuff before 10.0

Night Elves by far.

Trolls are barely getting anything, and they didn't even get a heritage armor in BfA. I'm not happy about it, that's for sure.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Only Tauren players like the tauren options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Night Elves by far.

Trolls are barely getting anything, and they didn't even get a heritage armor in BfA. I'm not happy about it, that's for sure.
    Hopefully trolls and Draenei get heritage armor soon

I don't know what's best so far but humans are certainly worst. I'll end up using none of these options. They didn't even get scars (like Nelves) and the new beard and hair options look like they were ripped from another game and don't really fit the existing ones. Just look at the eyebrows - some are painted on and others are 3d. Looks extremely weird. Very low quality.