LUA Error on retail

So i've been having this issue for months now, but it seems to be getting worse. I keep getting LUA errors in the middle of dungeons, raids, arenas and just normal gameplay. Sometimes no matter how much i reload it keeps happening. It seems to be many addons that cause the issue. Sometimes it's DBM, sometimes Details, sometimes Healer Protection, sometimes SimCraft, etc etc. Here is an example of one of the LUA errors

Message: Interface\AddOns\Details\core\gears.lua:2321: attempt to call global 'GetNumTalentTabs' (a nil value)
    Time: Mon Aug 10 18:44:27 2020
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Details\core\gears.lua:2321: attempt to call global 'GetNumTalentTabs' (a nil value)

What do i do? Do i have to get rid of folders or something? My ui gets extremely bugged after these errors and i can't seem to get rid of it.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    So i've been having this issue for months now, but it seems to be getting worse. I keep getting LUA errors in the middle of dungeons, raids, arenas and just normal gameplay. Sometimes no matter how much i reload it keeps happening. It seems to be many addons that cause the issue. Sometimes it's DBM, sometimes Details, sometimes Healer Protection, sometimes SimCraft, etc etc. Here is an example of one of the LUA errors

Message: Interface\AddOns\Details\core\gears.lua:2321: attempt to call global 'GetNumTalentTabs' (a nil value)
    Time: Mon Aug 10 18:44:27 2020
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Details\core\gears.lua:2321: attempt to call global 'GetNumTalentTabs' (a nil value)

What do i do? Do i have to get rid of folders or something? My ui gets extremely bugged after these errors and i can't seem to get rid of it.
    No clue, I'd like to know also, as I just had this error start to pop up today, myself. Had to shut off Details as it was annoyingly spamming me with errors.

What do i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I'd like to know also
    Unless you plan to report LUA errors to addon developers, the "best" (or just easiest) way to "solve" the issue is to hide LUA errors. Blizz removed the ingame tickbox for it long ago, so the console command is your only option now. I bring you this quote from some addon dev on the issue:

In order to troubleshoot potential issues, particularly when the addon isn't loading correctly, you'll need to post any error messages Lua will display in the game. These are disabled by default in the most current client versions.

You can, however, enable them using this command:

/console scriptErrors 1
    Once you're done reporting a problem, and no longer wish to see error messages, feel free to disable them with this command:

/console scriptErrors 0

But of course, it always helps to make sure all addons are fully up to date and so on and so forth...

GetNumTalentTabs() is exclusive to WoW Classic, check if your twitch app didn't fuck up as it tends to do and installed the classic version of your addons

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, checked what game they're for and reloaded countless times. The only thing that resolves it is disabling the addons. I guess i can live without Details but i don't want to, haha!
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Unless you plan to report LUA errors to addon developers, the "best" (or just easiest) way to "solve" the issue is to hide LUA errors. Blizz removed the ingame tickbox for it long ago, so the console command is your only option now. I bring you this quote from some addon dev on the issue:

But of course, it always helps to make sure all addons are fully up to date and so on and so forth...
    I updated today, and that's when I got the Error. Tbh, my comment was to let this person know they were not alone in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    GetNumTalentTabs() is exclusive to WoW Classic, check if your twitch app didn't fuck up as it tends to do and installed the classic version of your addons
    That... I didn't know. I'll have to check that.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post

I think the addon i'm having the most issues with is Healer Protection. I've reported a bug already but until then the addon is disabled.

So I checked my Add-ons on Twitch, and they say they are the retail version, the only thing I can think of is, if it is what Ketho said, when they went to update the Classic ones, they messed up and updated the classic versions onto the Retail one.

I've been hearing rumors that twitch is suddenly updating addons to the version from 1 year ago

nvm, think it's still just the classic version being installed as retail. they will fix it in another 5 years give or take
    Last edited by Ketho; 2020-08-10 at 10:58 PM.

Message: Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core-8.3.30.lua:6481: attempt to compare number with nil
    Time: Mon Aug 10 23:10:33 2020
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core-8.3.30.lua:6481: attempt to compare number with nil

Locals:

Message: Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core-8.3.30.lua:6481: attempt to compare number with nil
    Time: Mon Aug 10 23:10:59 2020
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core-8.3.30.lua:6481: attempt to compare number with nil
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua"]:1818: in function <Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:1809>

Locals: self = DBMScheduler {
    0 = <userdata>
    }
    elapsed = 6.622000
    time = 1901162.574000
    nextTask = <table> {
    1 = <table> {
    }
    func = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:3974
    time = 1901156.952000
    n = 1
    }
    n = 1
    GetTime = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    getMin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:1706
    deleteMin = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:1748
    getWrapper = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:1798
    pushCachedTable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:1685
    pairs = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    updateFunctions = <table> {
    }
    LastInstanceMapID = 1594
    nextModSyncSpamUpdate = 1901175.952000
    next = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    modSyncSpam = <table> {
    }
    schedulerFrame = DBMScheduler {
    0 = <userdata>
    }

These are some more i keep getting after the other

10+ Year Old Account
    You use probably the twitch client to update your addons, am I right?

Since yesterday I have the problem that the twitch client updates some bfa addons like Details, Advanced Interface Options, etc. with the classic versions of the addons.

Just go on the Curse page and download the latest 8.3. versions of the addons that give you errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyzula View Post
    You use probably the twitch client to update your addons, am I right?

Since yesterday I have the problem that the twitch client updates some bfa addons like Details, Advanced Interface Options, etc. with the classic versions of the addons.

Just go on the Curse page and download the latest 8.3. versions of the addons that give you errors.
    Urgh, how to revert updates, any idea?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Urgh, how to revert updates, any idea?
    In your twitch client click the addon you want to revert, then click the versions tab and click the down arrow over on the right for the version you want to go back to. Also in the image below you can see there are "Release" versions and "Alpha" versions, it probably doesn't make too much of a difference but if you want to be safe go with the Release version.

Last edited by Drusin; 2020-08-11 at 10:49 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    In your twitch client click the addon you want to revert, then click the versions tab and click the down arrow over on the right for the version you want to go back to. Also in the image below you can see there are "Release" versions and "Alpha" versions, it probably doesn't make too much of a difference but if you want to be safe go with the Release version.

Thanks ! Twitch is also heavy lagging right now - Must be something going on. Can barely download anything.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO