3+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll be getting an Ardenweald raid too, since there weren't really any Drust in Mists of Tirna Scthe

And the fact that they changed the Other Side from having Mueh'zala die to just keeping him alive means we'll be seeing him again lol
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-08-10 at 06:58 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Anyone think we'll get a release date this week??
    i think we will get a releasde date when blizz does gamescom later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i think we will get a releasde date when blizz does gamescom later this month.
    Hopefully with the first new animation/cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we have potential maldraxxus and ardenweald raids. What about bastion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So we have potential maldraxxus and ardenweald raids. What about bastion?
    I am still off the belief that Bastion and Ardenweald could have their raid combined into one large Vrykul raid, seeing as the dangling plt thread from the Night Fae is the Drust and the Forsworn in Bastion are led by Helya.
    They could make it the 9.2 patch and then have all the covenants covered going into 9.3.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They SHOULD save Kel'thuzad for bigger things IMO then just a small one off raid.
    IMO he run his course. He was prominent enough since W3, and not really an interesting character with his blind loyalty to LK. Sort of a Nathanos (defined mostly by following his superior), only much more competent (founded CoD and kickstarted Lordaeron plague by himself) and not a cunt. Small raid id fine.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-10 at 07:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't some FF or ESO patch launch around now? If not on Gamescom, that would be week for reveals like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    IMO he run his course. He was prominent enough since W3, and not really an interesting character with his blind loyalty to LK. Sort of a Nathanos (defined mostly by following his superior), only much more competent (founded CoD and kickstarted Lordaeron plague by himself) and not a cunt. Small raid id fine.
    Yeah no, he has more uses, Blizzard should use him more then just a small raid. His WCIII presence is a lot yes but he could do more in Wow then what he has.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah no, he has more uses, Blizzard should use him more then just a small raid. His WCIII presence is a lot yes but he could do more in Wow then what he has.
    A small raid could be enough though, it all depends on how much story is wrapped around it in the form of quests.

Though generally I would agree that a raid with Kel'thuzad should be a longer one, honestly it would fit pretty damn well as the second raid seeing as there is so much buildup to finally defeating him, not to mention it would git with the usual second raid theme of weakening the enemy powerbase significantly as seen with The Nighthold and Blackrock Foundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There is a level of that kind of balancing that we just have ot accept regardless though.
    I know - that's why I've said "decently balanced", not "perfectly balanced"

I realize that given the huge number of potential builds in SL, they won't be able to catch every stupidly overpowered one and that some things will be off. That's fine. What matters is that most reasonably obvious stuff (I mean - not super wanky, crazy builds) is at least within the same power range, so that once they start post-launch tuning, it doesn't require really huge changes.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-08-11 at 04:03 AM.

They SHOULD save Kel'thuzad for bigger things IMO then just a small one off raid.
    I'm surprised you know what they're doing with Ke'thuzad. Do you have insider info on the name of this "small one off raid"?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I know - that's why I've said "decently balanced", not "perfectly balanced"

I realize that given the huge number of potential builds in SL, they won't be able to catch every stupidly overpowered one and that some things will be off. That's fine. What matters is that most reasonably obvious stuff (I mean - not super wanky, crazy builds) is at least within the same power range, so that once they start post-launch tuning, it doesn't require really huge changes.
    unfortunately, this doesn't really work with the wow community. Some theorycrafter or streamer or high level player will find the broken thing, then everyone will copy that. With things that are difficult to change like Legendary choices it's a lot more punishing for Blizzard to nerf those things because the community gets in a tizzy even if it's just put back into line

i have a feeling
    the maw zone is going to be very hated
    because you cant mount at alll
    i understand they dont want you going there often, but doing the intro quests in the maw on multiple toons on beta was very annoying

its novel the first few times
    but it gets real annoying and frustrating

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they'll let you skip the maw intro on alts.

Just like they do for ever other extensive intro.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i have a feeling
    i understand they dont want you going there often, but doing the intro quests in the maw on multiple toons on beta was very annoying

Sounded like we would eventually be able to mount, problem was that mounting was simply too easy an option for most of the dangers, so something was needed to balance it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Pretty sure they'll let you skip the maw intro on alts.

Just like they do for ever other extensive intro.
    It's not only the Maw intro, the endgame here is without mounts too. It's gonna be boring imo, they said the Maw was dangerous but on beta ... well, it's not at all, even the portal to Oribos is unguarded, for a "dangerous place" it's quite illogical
    Last edited by Valysar; 2020-08-11 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    It's not only the Maw intro, the endgame here is without mounts too. It's gonna be boring imo, they said the Maw was dangerous but on beta ... well, it's not at all, even the portal to Oribos is unguarded, for a "dangerous place" it's quite illogical
    So it is "wow hard"...Don't expect open world content to be truly hard..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i have a feeling

All the no flying people are having orgasm hearing you say that!

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    So it is "wow hard"...Don't expect open world content to be truly hard..

- - - Updated - - -

All the no flying people are having orgasm hearing you say that!
    Open world content coudl be difficult in WoW, problem is Blizzard is reluctant to go full hog on it, and the players are seemingly allergic to any gameplay change that makes the game less covenient at some aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Open world content coudl be difficult in WoW, problem is Blizzard is reluctant to go full hog on it, and the players are seemingly allergic to any gameplay change that makes the game less covenient at some aspect.
    The focus should be more about fun and engaging(I know thats a dirty word around here but you get what I mean). Focusing too much on "HARD" just frustrates people and even so called hard games don't make it better, just frustration under the guise of being "hard/notholdingyourhand."

It depends what "hard" game mechanic you want, Tedium and taking forever isn't necessarily the best. Sure slow the flow down a little at the Maw because thematically it makes sense but you need to still balance that out because we aren't hardcore war heroes here, its a video game and we should still enjoy it.

TLDR: Balance between hard...and fun and Hard doesn't mean frustration. If I wanted to get frustrated often I'd play Dark Souls.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm surprised we haven't seen more 'hard' content like the mage tower. From my POV, the mage tower has been one of the most celebrated pieces of content to ever be in the game and we haven't see anything like it since, IMO.

It was harder than normal content and most loved it. Hard doesn't have to be impossible.
    Last edited by spleen1015; 2020-08-11 at 03:45 PM.
    #TeamTinkers