Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

how much caffeine do you drink per day?

So I find myself extremely exhausted lately. LIkely due to lack of sleep and too much caffeine intake. On the days I work I do 12 hour work days and generally get 4 hours of sleep between those days. On top of that I take in roughtly 1 24 oz white monster and about 3 diet dews at work. It often does me no good though. I'm still exhausted.

How much caffeine do you drink per day and how much sleep do you get per day?

- - - Updated - - -

It also doesn't help that I work midnights 3 days a week and then switch to a day shift sleep schedule for 4 days a week.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Way too fucking much. I haven't slept for a week again because my coke zero consumption blew through the roof.
    did it start having the opposite effect on you? It happens to me some days.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I just have a cup of tea a day. I’m exhausted by depression, not caffeine.

Generally just a mug in the morning. A cup or two more in the evening if I'm a guest somewhere.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Nothing and 7-9 hours a night. Why do you wreck yourself? You do know that body of yours needs to last a while, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Nothing and 7-9 hours a night. Why do you wreck yourself? You do know that body of yours needs to last a while, right?
    It's the price I pay for getting to work 3 days a week and getting 4 days off and still getting salary for 40 hours a week plus benefits.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    It's the price I pay for getting to work 3 days a week and getting 4 days off and still getting salary for 40 hours a week plus benefits.
    Ah well, my health is more important to me in the long run. I work 4 days, normal 8 hour schedule and get enough salary and benefits (which is normal here, we always get benefits) to live comfortably. Take good care of yourself! It's no use being a wreck at 40 just so you can work less now.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Ah well, my health is more important to me in the long run. I work 4 days, normal 8 hour schedule and get enough salary and benefits (which is normal here, we always get benefits) to live comfortably. Take good care of yourself! It's no use being a wreck at 40 just so you can work less now.
    I'm 37. so pretty much already there.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    All that I can get.

It also doesn't help that I work midnights 3 days a week and then switch to a day shift sleep schedule for 4 days a week.
    Gah, yikes, that is kind of like what I had going on a few years ago, 6:30pm-5:00am shift was miserable. I slept somewhat regularly just from sheer exhaustion and didn't get much done outside of it. Four work days, three off days, I tried to get on a less horrific sleep schedule for some of the off days just to be able to interact with friends at all.

Sometimes still when I have trouble sleeping I fall back into a gross sleep schedule like then, and here I am posting in a caffeine thread at 2 am with a coke zero in hand so obviously it has happened again.
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    something between very little and none at all.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    All that I can get.

Gah, yikes, that is kind of like what I had going on a few years ago, 6:30pm-5:00am shift was miserable. I slept somewhat regularly just from sheer exhaustion and didn't get much done outside of it. Four work days, three off days, I tried to get on a less horrific sleep schedule for some of the off days just to be able to interact with friends at all.

Sometimes still when I have trouble sleeping I fall back into a gross sleep schedule like then, and here I am posting in a caffeine thread at 2 am with a coke zero in hand so obviously it has happened again.
    It's definitely not easy to switch between sleeping schedules weekly. We were on a 4 day on 3 days off shift (10 hour shifts) when I started here. But when had the seniority on my shift and it only being two of us total on midnights now and we mirror eachother I talked my boss into 3 days on and 4 days off. 12 hour shifts. I feel like I'm still getting the better side of the deal now. I can take one of the 4 days off to catch up on sleep and then enjoy the next 3 days. Still not always easy to switch back and forth though.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account

I get 3-4, sometimes even 5 of these everyday, lately due to the extreme heat i have been replacing one of these by a Coke, which contains cafeine aswell. It only afects my sleep if i drink one past 17:00, but i am used to theis quantity of cafeine. An no, i am not adicted to it, and i know that because the privation of it doesn't cause me any headeaches, but i advise carefull with cafeine.

None. Caffeine addiction is for weak people. I never drank coffee and tea is pointless and too much of a hassle to make for it to even be considered by me. And I stopped drinking sugary drinks 4 years ago.

3-6 cups a day

10+ Year Old Account
    Two or three cups of tea and/or coffee a day for me and the occasional binge on dark chocolate.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I large mug ( equals about 3 cups of normal coffee ) each morning. Have for decades. But that is it. none later in the day or any other caffeine intake. Sleep very well. I am like in a fog when I wake up and it helps to wake me up. Also, the encouragement it gives me to have a bowel movement. You guys will understand that better when you get much older.

Sleep about 7 - 8 hrs each day.

- - - Updated - - -

Your problem is your work schedule. Of course, drinking too much caffeine can effect one's sleep and cause other issues. But 2- 4 cups a day is not going to harm a normal healthy person. In some studies, it has shown to be beneficial in helping a person think clearer and there are compounds in coffee itself which is healthy to consume. The one major key with coffee, like most things, is moderation.

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/f...-health-food#1

Coffee may taste good and get you going in the morning, but what will it do for your health?

A growing body of research shows that coffee drinkers, compared to nondrinkers, are:

less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia
    have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 37. so pretty much already there.
    Not really. I was in my physical prime in my mid thirties ( and still drank coffee ). You have time to turn things around.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-08-11 at 12:50 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I take a 200mg caffeine pill in the morning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Between 1-3 caffeine pills each day (200mg each).
    Usually just 1.
    But I also sleep about 6 hours per night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal days I usually do about 2 coffee beverages worth about 3 espresso shots. Sometimes I add another 2 or so pure espressos no sugar/milk when shit gets real.

I'm currently working 50% in office and 50% at home, so when at home I do about 1.5 hour of sleep in the afternoon and I found it completely replaces the need for any more coffee that day, so such a day I usually just have a big morning coffee and that's it.

In not so far away past I drank a whole shitton more coffee, but I too seemed to feel as if I hit deminishing returns on that one, thanks to the whole outbreak I was able to slash that considerably with afternoon naps.