Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Exactly, if I remember exactlt it was the cata blizzcon q&a.

Altho many things have changed... I mean most of the staff back then is gone as well..There is still a possibility he could have a short appearance or headbob in one of the sideplots. Like a spirit or some sort.
    In Legion we even saw Ner'zhul in the shards of frostmourne, Arthas is beaten Ner'zhul leaves for another day i dont think blizzard would just put this in for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    Arthas as Lichking, Before WotLk was at least true god level.
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(breathes deeply)

PAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    He'll probably appear, but don't expect a Lich King - expect Arthas Menethil, the Lordaeron Prince instead.

Popsicle Ner'zhul > that fanart.

Thats from chronicles 3? So not fanart.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Did people not play WC3? Arthas personally killed Sapphiron and raised him as undead. He was in Naxxramas only because the Lich King sent him there to aid Kel'thuzad in his war efforts in Lordaeron.
    Did you not play mop, did you not play wrath?, did you not play warcraft 3?

What are you trying to prove with all these posts?
    Ofc not everyoje played in those times lol.

OT: He was a random named dragon.. nothing to have a big fuzz about -,-

Expansion in Shadowlands with added Saphiron means nothing? Do you don't see the connection to Arthas ?

And Arthas always be the Licking of Hearts, our favorite the strongest Lichking that existed.

Nerzuhl was just imprisoned to the Plate of the Damned but never a True Licking
    Wow TCG lich king hero card from timewalking is ner'zhul in ice and it reads "Before there was arthas there was ner'zhul" and all dialogue in wc3, wc3 reforged, rise of lich king novel, chronicles 3 text and lastly interviews that ner'zhul was the first lich king.

So how he isn't true lich king?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

(breathes deeply)

PAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    It was just the army that made him increasinly stronger over time.. and a dark corrpted swords helps as well. Considering it god level is debateable.. titans are gods, is that compareable? Powerlevels are meaningless in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    In Legion we even saw Ner'zhul in the shards of frostmourne, Arthas is beaten Ner'zhul leaves for another day i dont think blizzard would just put this in for nothing.
    Possible, but a cameo can consist of a spirit in dome form like voljin. I mean its wow.. if the story demands it they will.

Arthas revived him personally.... Sapphiron was sent with Kel'Thuzad to the Eastern Plaguelands by the Licking..(Arthas)

so I really can't see how he is more connected to Kelthuzad
    At that time there was mental battle between Arthas and ner'zhul over the control and when it ended lich king woke up in wotlk.... there is a reason when in naxx40 lk talks you can hear both ner'zhuls and arthases voice.

Would make sense for him to try to warn/mentor Anduin to not follow his dark path.

It was just the army that made him increasinly stronger over time.. and a dark corrpted swords helps as well. Considering it god level is debateable.. titans are gods, is that compareable? Powerlevels are meaningless in wow.
    IDK, able to cleave a planet is a pretty meaningful distinction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    IDK, able to cleave a planet is a pretty meaningful distinction.
    Thats what I am saying.. is it even comparable right?
    Arthas was strong, but not god level.

I honestly think he will be portrayed as a Witcher like character who will help us some way, then just as quickly as he helped us he will slip away back into the shadows.

I think we will walk into a tavern and see him in the corner playing Hearthstone by himself.

Shadowlands expansion has so many chances at being one of the top 3 expansions alongside TBC and Wrath. Just think about all the characters that have died in the past:Arthas,Cho'gall,Kaelthas,Varian,Medivh,Garrosh,Aegwynn and many many others.This is a chance to revisit a lot of them learn about their fate in the shadowlands and the failed accomplishments when they were alive.
    I hope Blizzard doesn't fck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Shadowlands expansion has so many chances at being one of the top 3 expansions alongside TBC and Wrath. Just think about all the characters that have died in the past:Arthas,Cho'gall,Kaelthas,Varian,Medivh,Garrosh,Aegwynn and many many others.This is a chance to revisit a lot of them learn about their fate in the shadowlands and the failed accomplishments when they were alive.
    I hope Blizzard doesn't fck it up.
    TBC and Wrath are not even in my top 3 xpacs lol.

In order of least fav to most fav:
    BFA>WoD>TBC>Cata>Wrath>Vanilla>Legion>MoP

Right now, Shadowlands is tracking to be barely better than WoD to me. If there are some good story developments that fix a lot of the issues from BFA (not likely) and some more allied races (who knows) then it could be almost Legion level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    if i buy a puppy and give it to you, it's your dog, not mine.
    if the lich king raises a random named dragon and gives i to kel thuzad, it's kelthuzads dragon not the lich kings.

it's not like he was an important part of the war3 story or anything either.
    Sapphiron was the 3rd most important unit in the Northrend part of the Scourge campaign, only behind Arthas and Anub'Arak... He was personally raised by Arthas, and was the spearhead of the Scourge army in every mission after that. He was basically a Hero unit that just did a shitload of dmg instead of having extra spells.

As for the dog anology, this is a better one: You are my slave (KT), and I buy you a bear, but said bear is still personally loyal to me (Sapphiron). I can send you on a mission, and send my bear with you as help, but the bear is still mine.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, sidequests/plots are a cool envoirment to show what arthas was up to etc. Having these titanlike leaders around makes things abit more interesting as well.. if arthas was in some shape or form leader of the shadowlands this place wouldnt feel very impactfull or with a rich history. Arthas stil just a human ..

Looking at the possibilities it seems some people could choose their forms according to vashj and Mograine. Maybe Arthas went for something else.. who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, if I remember correctly it was the cata blizzcon q&a. They hate him? Makes no sense because they brought him back in wod, if they hated him he wouldnt be there I guess.

Altho many things have changed... I mean most of the staff back then is gone as well..There is still a possibility he could have a short appearance or headbob in one of the sideplots. Like a spirit or some sort.
    His treatment in WoD is proof that they do hate him though. Such a waste of his character. They included him because they had to, not because they wanted to. Almost as bad as Doomhammer in WoD.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I fucking hope he doesn't get a redemption story, it is alright to have villains that die villains and stay villains.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Sapphiron was the 3rd most important unit in the Northrend part of the Scourge campaign, only behind Arthas and Anub'Arak... He was personally raised by Arthas, and was the spearhead of the Scourge army in every mission after that. He was basically a Hero unit that just did a shitload of dmg instead of having extra spells.

As for the dog anology, this is a better one: You are my slave (KT), and I buy you a bear, but said bear is still personally loyal to me (Sapphiron). I can send you on a mission, and send my bear with you as help, but the bear is still mine.
    look, back in the day, sure. he was kinda special. frost wyrms were new and all. then wow came along and everybody could go "wow thats the dragon from war3, thats so cool".

but when people see him in maldraxxus the vast majority of people will go "hey, wasn't there a dragon in naxx or icc that had a name kinda like this? it's the same one? aight. o look over there it's kelthuzad i know him!" or maybe "o hey it's that dragon from classic" if classic naxx is out by then.

i feel bad for malygos though hes that dragons real dad u know.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Sounds about right. I think he'll play a significant role in Sylvanas's story arc, since he was present both at her first and second deaths.
    he wasn't present at her second death. He was kinda dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's not Ner'zhul, and it's not fanart. It's an orc DK concept art for WotLK by Wei Wang.

Ner'zhul also didn't wear Arthas's DK armor in the Frozen Throne, that's an error in that illustration. He wore the Plate of the Damned, which is supposed to look like this:

They finally did a proper HD version of the Plate of the Damned for Reforged. Its whereabouts were never touched on after Arthas claimed the Helm of Domination.

I've personally always thought it'd look cool if Ner'zhul's spirit was still bound to it, like a lich with the chains floating around his form.
    Huh, the armor is indeed different. TIL

3+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that Arthas shows up in 9.3 to give a speech to everyone and boost morale / cheer them on for whatever the finale of shadowlands is.