Poll: Should the weekly chest reward solo play?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where is the „remove it entire from the game“ option ?

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    No I think there are enough free epics to acquire for anti-social players as it is already.
    Its not always people being anti social. That is stupid thing to accuse people of. Sometimes its a tough time commitment, sometimes its because of the work involved in running with a real raid group. Sometimes its just not wanting to be part of the toxic environment that you obviously partake in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Problem is solo content almost never is hard. Most mage towers were easy, especially with certain legendaries. A full 5 mask vision clear isn't hard once you get the perk - I'm able to full 5 mask without using an orb, which isn't a flex, it just isn't difficult to do. World quests certainly aren't difficult. From the looks of things Thorghast is looking to be even easier than visions if you get the right perk options - which you can now force with the vendor.

I guarantee you - if you could solo a mythic raid, most players could do it. It's basic logic, getting 20 people to do everything perfectly on the same attempt is much more difficult than just doing it yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

There's luck in getting raids?
    None of that matters to the point. You are throwing up arbitrary limitations and acting as if that should be logic or law.

The point is, Blizzard should cater to what their customers want. Why do you care how someone else got their gear? It has no bearing on you whatsoever. If you enjoy raiding, then raid without penalty. If you enjoy mythic+, then do those without penalty.. if you enjoy PVP, then PVP without penalty. And of someone enjoys solo content let them solo without penalty.

This fucking insane arrogance that you matter more than someone else is ridiculous.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

There's luck in getting raids?
    Yes.. but of course those who get raids regularly suffer confirmation bias and think that there is no luck involved in anything.

Also - getting rewarded for solo is rewarding your own effort, for raiding - you are rewarding the effort of bunch of people but the reward is still solo.

If you want to reward raids - maybe you should give a reward to the raid team, not give out 20 rewards for one activity.

The new system allows for rewards to be targeted to the difficulty of the effort, not to the number of people that did it with you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Problem is solo content almost never is hard. Most mage towers were easy, especially with certain legendaries. A full 5 mask vision clear isn't hard once you get the perk - I'm able to full 5 mask without using an orb, which isn't a flex, it just isn't difficult to do.
    I agree that we could use harder solo content, which i hope thorghast will provide with its infinity.
    But i bet theres more people who are able to do a m+ 15 than a 5 mask. youd agree 15s arnt hard either right? yet they give 475 in the weekly chest.

Who is saying they matter more than other people?
    You raid therefore you think that means gear should be for you and other raiders.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

You can solo raid bosses like rextroy or finish mythic 10s alone so technicaly you can be rewarded for playing solo.

5+ Year Old Account
    The last thing this game needs is more catering to anti-socials who have no business playing this game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Implying there is any social interaction in almost all group content outside the occasional toxic exchange of insults.
    The fact you think that at all is funny to me.

Assuming there is challenging Solo Content, sure.

Mage Tower was probably more difficult than some of the mythic dungeons/raids some people run nowadays.

I'm hardly a raider. And I never said that - please don't put words in my mouth.

I'm sorry if the statement

"The best gear in an MMO should require group content"

Offends you - I really don't think it's a radical position. Sorry.
    I'm not offended and it is not radical. It is, however, baseless and arbitrary. There should be parameters to get gear based on skill level. Those parameters shouldn't be focused solely on one avenue fo the game, when the game is set up to be played PVE solo, PVE varying size groups, PVP solo and PVP varying size groups. None of those is greater or more important than the other. Acting like one of those avenues deserves higher rewards than others is arbitrary and is rooted in either stupidity or arrogance in whichever avenue(s) you prefer. I don't think you're stupid soo....

Do you also want rewards for 10, 100 and 200 World Quests?
    Ask those who dreaded WQs in Legion&BFA.

3+ Year Old Account
    Do you genuinely believe group content isn't more important than solo content in an MMO or are just being contrarian? Why is it all major story unfolds in a raid - the content that has the most amount of players at once time? Why is the the best gear has always come from top end raids? Why is it the best look armor has alwasy come from raids (or at least the most elaborate etc, how good it looks is purely subjective)

I fundamentally disagree that solo content can ever be as challenging as group content - it has yet to happen in the game. The hardest content remains group focused - so that is where the best loot should remain.

I am neither stupid nor arrogant. This is merely my opinion - and so far it seems Blizzard shares it.
    Just because rewards arent even across the board, doesnt mean that one avenue of the game is more / less important than another. There is ALOT of solo content in WoW. Alot. However, its is not rewarded even close to equally in terms of gear. I mean, one could argue that most of the game is technically "solo" seeing as how you solo Q for almost everything or at least have the option to.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Absolutely.

If better gear helps increase your capabilities in solo play then it should be available through solo activities as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    And there is, but if you go into a group with that attitude I wouldnt be surprised people got tired of you quickly.

It is the truth, most just do there +15 and are done with it, and they leave quickly at first sign of a bad group that cant handle mechanics correctly

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    haha right?

The problem with awarding better gear for solo content is that you run into there not being a need to even do group content because solo content is so much easier.

People would just do solo content and then hop right into mythic raid.. We kind of seen the same thing happen with mythic+ in BFA. There was basically no need to even do normal or heroic raid cause you could gear faster in mythic+ which was also easier and then head straight into mythic raid.

Do you genuinely believe group content isn't more important than solo content in an MMO or are just being contrarian? Why is it all major story unfolds in a raid - the content that has the most amount of players at once time? Why is the the best gear has always come from top end raids? Why is it the best look armor has alwasy come from raids (or at least the most elaborate etc, how good it looks is purely subjective)

I fundamentally disagree that solo content can ever be as challenging as group content - it has yet to happen in the game. The hardest content remains group focused - so that is where the best loot should remain.

I am neither stupid nor arrogant. This is merely my opinion - and so far it seems Blizzard shares it.
    I'm not being contrarian. It is not more important and Blizz is learning that. They will give the players what they want and raiding is dying. That is why they did LFR, then mythic+, then visions and now Torghast. They understand the time constraints for raiding are too high. They understand subscribers are less and less likely to be part of a big enough group to raid regularly. Guilds are dying. They have to adapt.

I mean personally I'd rather do a 5mask than a 15 - simply because I know there's almost no chance of me personally fucking my run up. If I do a 15 some guy can just leave, he can pull, not CC etc
    thats not because 15s are hard, thats just pugs being pugs.
    a full group of players who are capable of doing a 5 mask, will be able to do a m+15 (if noone leaves).

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    As the name suggests, should we have an option to get gear from the weekly chest by doing solo activities?

I'm not advocating a yes or no position, just looking for opinions. I can see the case for it, since SL will feature a very solo friendly game mode that may wind up being a large chunk of playtime for someone not inclined to group activity. I can also see the case against it, since the chest, ostensibly, is for rewarding high level play. That said, allowing the option to get a piece based on raid activity assumes one doing LFR can get a bonus in the chest (I don't know if it only rewards a specific difficulty or higher), which isn't really all that difficult to begin with.

So...whaddya think?
    No. As we saw with Classic, the heart of a mmo is playing with others. The reward for solo play is not having to deal with other people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks again for all the thoughts and discussion! As it was pointed out, emissaries already offer a bonus to world quests, which make part of my post somewhat moot, and if Torghast should drop a piece of loot for completing X activity or floor, akin to the reward for Visions, then that's that, as they say.

For the 3 brave souls who wanted to know about other products and services, can I interest you in a couple of rusted broadswords and a worn buckler? Gently used.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

"Why should the "difficulty" be the only factor deciding the strength of the rewards?"

Because that's how video games have literally always worked

And sorry, if you think the only difference between mythic and hc is requiring more gear - you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Same for group content, if you think the only reason group content is challenging is because gear - you just simply aren't informed.

The rest of your post doesn't even make any sense
    Ah, you're right, you clearly know me well enough to claim this.

I am sorry content doesn't get easier for you with better gear. That can't be easy in any way. There's this addon called GTFO, and if nothing else, it should at least help you move out of fire.

The rest of my post makes perfect sense in your world were difficulty is the only thing that matter. Gladiator rank is objectively harder than mythic raiding and play at that level should therefore give better rewards according to your logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    its not because outdoor content scales with gear

- - - Updated - - -

gz, you paid with gold for your item, its the same as buying a BoE from the AH
    No, I mean, what happens with the weekly chest if I do nothing but buying a single mythic raid boss kill that week?