7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Jims video was spot on as always.

Joel is hench tbf, and he lived in a shitty government bcompound with shit facilities and people fighting over resources. At least Abby had a compound with adequate agriculture and livestock.
    Joel on the edge of what could be possible.
    Abby is so far over the edge of what could be possible that it goes into the unbelievable territory.

Seriously, the fact she had a compound she lived it with food and a gym doesn't mean she would get a female bodybuilder physique. It isn't natural for men to have a physique akin to Abby, again I would have a problem if a man in was introduced with a bodybuilder physique.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Joel on the edge of what could be possible.
    Abby is so far over the edge of what could be possible that it goes into the unbelievable territory.

Seriously, the fact she had a compound she lived it with food and a gym doesn't mean she would get a female bodybuilder physique. It isn't natural for men to have a physique akin to Abby, again I would have a problem if a man in was introduced with a bodybuilder physique.
    { x } Doubt

Holy shit people. You argue about a woman's unrealistic muscle size in a VIDEO GAME about ZOMBIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    { x } Doubt
    I have said it numerous times, if you doubt my consistency, that's your own problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Holy shit people. You argue about a woman's unrealistic muscle size in a VIDEO GAME about ZOMBIES.
    Yes, because it breaks immersion into the game. You aren't dealing with jacked people, so Abby stands out and there is no direct evidence on why she stands out.

The "It's a game! It doesn't have to be realistic" is such a bad argument. In that case, why did the bother making a realistic explanation for the ZOMBIES at all? After all, it is just a game about zombies. They could have just done generic zombies that have been done a million times. Why go into so much detail about Ellie's immunity in the sequel that would potentially fit a real world example, that most people are just going to overlook. Seriously, they went into so much realistic details that the fact they didn't treat one of the main characters with the same level of care stands out.

But, I guess according to you because it is just a game, we must accept any and all crap the game throws at us.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I have said it numerous times, if you doubt my consistency, that's your own problem.
    And fungus zombies that use echolocation are...believable?

I mean, it's a videogame about a fictional setting. There's quite a bit of suspension of disbelief for "normal" in the game, even if it does try to mirror reality in many ways.

I still can't get over how absolutely and completely upset people still seem to be about Abby being yoked as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I mean, it's a videogame about a fictional setting. There's quite a bit of suspension of disbelief for "normal" in the game, even if it does try to mirror reality in many ways.

I still can't get over how absolutely and completely upset people still seem to be about Abby being yoked as fuck.
    Any fiction requires suspension of disbelief, but it also needs internal consistency. In a world of great resource scarcity where a major plotpoint is lack of food, forcing people into cannibalism, a bodybuilder seems pretty stupid.

For the record, imo Abby's physique is a minor flaw in TLOU2, but it is a flaw.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a realistic video game about realistic zombies.

You are basically shutting down people who complain about a sci-fi game in which humans can survive in the vacuum of space for an hour with no special equipment.

"Yeah, it's sci-fi, it's a game about SPACE, and you are complaining about humans surviving in space for too long?"
    ^^^ YOU NOW ^^^
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    There's such a thing as plausibility within the internal logic of the setting in fiction. Besides the zombies being a supernatural aspect as a result of a fictional disease, the rest of the world design they're going for is fairly grounded in it's portrayal of how a post-collapse of wider society might look like after the fact for the few that survived.

I'm personally not bothered about muscle sizes on characters in any video game, I don't really care enough for it to bother me, but let's not act like looking like a body builder is plausible inside the sort of setting they're otherwise going for.
    Last edited by zealo; 2020-08-11 at 04:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Incredible how this thread keeps being bumped despite so many people claiming its bad and not worth it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Simon Miller. Body Builder, Gamer, Wrestler on Abby muscles (In short he shows how they can happen)

That said if people are bitching about Abby's muscles then there is something severely wrong with them. Silencers? Fine, Fuel working 25+ years after it was supposed to expire? Fine. Getting health from meds years after expiring? Fine.

Woman with muscles? Bad. Come on just admit your prejudices bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This always bothered me. If they used echolocation, you couldnt get past the first building that they infested because they would detect you easily. They just have good hearing and serious need to chew 5-gum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In a realistic video game about realistic zombies.
    Yeah, uh, no.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about abby’s muscle mass or pretending it doesn’t fit the setting is Mabye the stupidest complaint any one could have.

I mean the wolf’s are shown to
    Have Work out gear,
    Have Live stock,
    Grow there own food,
    Give there soldiers extra food and let them cut in line.
    Compile all of this with Abby going out of her way to train as a solider and being one of top ranking ones her having a good amount of muscle mass makes sense and the fact that other community’s don’t have as much food isn’t at all a counter to the wolf’s an Abby being better off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And yet, no woman who is a body builder looks like Christine Focht without steroids, which I can 100% guarantee she does, like most body builders do.
    You don’t know a lot or body builders do you? Abby isn’t out of the realm of possibility without steroids as long as she has food to support her gains and proper work out equipment she wouldn’t have a problem getting to her mass if she was really dedicated to it and the game shows the wolf’s to have every thing she would need.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Complaining about abby’s muscle mass or pretending it doesn’t fit the setting is Mabye the stupidest complaint any one could have.

I mean the wolf’s are shown to
    Have Work out gear,
    Have Live stock,
    Grow there own food,
    Give there soldiers extra food and let them cut in line.
    Compile all of this with Abby going out of her way to train as a solider and being one of top ranking ones her having a good amount of muscle mass makes sense and the fact that other community’s don’t have as much food isn’t at all a counter to the wolf’s an Abby being better off.
    The bolded one isn't true. There is no evidence soldiers are given extra food or allowed to cut in line, Manny (the soldier who did it) is shown to be an asshole and acting on his own as shown by the person calling him out of it. Abby was going to wait her turn. And they didn't take extra food besides an additional burrito for Mel, so it wasn't even for them. The seen very much shows soldiers AREN'T permitted to cut in line, just certain choose to abuse their rank and Abby is not shown to be one of them.

And have livestock and grow their own foot is one point really, why did you list it as two?
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    The bolded one isn't true. There is no evidence soldiers are given extra food or allowed to cut in line, Manny (the soldier who did it) is shown to be an asshole and acting on his own as shown by the person calling him out of it. Abby was going to wait her turn. And they didn't take extra food besides an additional burrito for Mel, so it wasn't even for them. The seen very much shows soldiers AREN'T permitted to cut in line, just certain choose to abuse their rank and Abby is not shown to be one of them.

And have livestock and grow their own foot is one point really, why did you list it as two?
    being called an asshole doesn't show they aren't allowed to cut in line it only shows that the civ's don't like that they can, If they weren't allowed they wouldn't have been given the food first or would have been reprimanded by any one with rank instead of of just being met with some grumbling by people they out rank. and as far as taking some for mel manny never tells the server such he just takes extra without a word which even abby points out which is why he has to tell her it's for mel.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    being called an asshole doesn't show they aren't allowed to cut in line it only shows that the civ's don't like that they can, If they weren't allowed they wouldn't have been given the food first or would have been reprimanded by any one with rank instead of of just being met with some grumbling by people they out rank. and as far as taking some for mel manny never tells the server such he just takes extra without a word which even abby points out which is why he has to tell her it's for mel.
    So a soldier points out to a soldier that they are not allowed to do that.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    There are many other possibilities on why Manny was allowed to cut in line. Like the fact he gets the burritos from a woman and he has ... well, a certain history with women. Also, the person IN FRONT of Abby in line is listed as WLF Soldier when told burritos, and Abby said Manny's actions were "embarassing."

All of this is strong evidence you are wrong. Also, he orders in Spanish three burritos, you are just factually wrong on the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_Ki89Dxf0

Scene starts at around 16:50
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-08-11 at 06:05 PM.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So a soldier points out to a soldier that they are not allowed to do that.
    not at all she says its embarrassing and ask why he took an extra while manny acts as if it's normal and is surprised abby is waiting in line.

- - - Updated - - -

There are many other possibilities on why Manny was allowed to cut in line. Like the fact he gets the burritos from a woman and he has ... well, a certain history with women. Also, the person IN FRONT of Abby in line is listed as WLF Soldier when told burritos, and Abby said Manny's actions were "embarassing."

All of this is strong evidence you are wrong. Also, he orders in Spanish three burritos, you are just factually wrong on the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_Ki89Dxf0

Scene starts at around 16:50
    your right the sub's do list them as soldiers so it could be a ranked based thing as Manny and Abby are given squad command by Issac or it could be that it's some one manny has banged, who knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    not at all she says its embarrassing and ask why he took an extra while manny acts as if it's normal and is surprised abby is waiting in line.

your right the sub's do list them as soldiers so it could be a ranked based thing as Manny and Abby are given squad command by Issac or it could be that it's some one manny has banged, who knows.
    There are many ways that Manny's behavior could be explained in that scene. And given Abby's willingness to wait and Manny's lack there of, we get nothing on what is considered normal behavior for soldiers in the scenario. Abby could be being nice, or Manny could be being just an asshole and using the excuse they are going to the front lines as the reason for being an asshole.

The main issue of why I responded to you was that you cannot state as a fact that WLF Soldiers are permitted to cut in line for food. We have one soldier (Manny) who cut in line. And you can't use he was given three burritos as evidence soldiers get to take more food as we don't know Manny took more food than permitted for anyone else.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    There are many ways that Manny's behavior could be explained in that scene. And given Abby's willingness to wait and Manny's lack there of, we get nothing on what is considered normal behavior for soldiers in the scenario. Abby could be being nice, or Manny could be being just an asshole and using the excuse they are going to the front lines as the reason for being an asshole.

The main issue of why I responded to you was that you cannot state as a fact that WLF Soldiers are permitted to cut in line for food. We have one soldier (Manny) who cut in line. And you can't use he was given three burritos as evidence soldiers get to take more food as we don't know Manny took more food than permitted for anyone else.
    your right given that the sub's point to them all being soldier's there's no real way to know if manny got away with it from being manny or if there's another reason so abby may be limited to the same rations as every one else and we don't really have a way to know other wise or even if abby was just being nice and they can normally take more.