Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I encounter multiboxers in dungeons all the time. You know they're a mulitboxer because one of them doesn't do anything and just puts the main account on follow. I take pleasure in booting them asap so they get the deserter debuff.
    That's so weird, people in this thread say "blah blah multiboxers kill me because they all hit me at once" and then you say "one is on follow and does nothing". I think your dungeon multiboxers are shit lol They need to watch a guide or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hikaritd View Post
    how to multibox? buy accs
    Gold

buy a decent pc to run multiple accs at the same time. All of these cost money = p2w.
    You don't need as good of a computer as you think. I have an i5-3570k 4 core 3.4GHz cpu, 32GB of ram, and a RTX580 I bought last year. Besides the video card everything is from 2012 and I 5box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    I never cared about multiboxing, but i think it's starting to get out of hand and they should do something about it.
    They are, removing the brutosaur lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Cheating definition: "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage."

Blizzard does not decide what is cheating, they only decide what is allowed. Cheating is about an unfair advantage, not a fair one. I don't give a scooby what some blue told you. It doesn't change what it is. Getting five players to do a dungeon is not the same as one player copying their original inputs into other clients. In a group 5 players = 5 inputs, with a multiboxer 1 player = 5 inputs.
    True. But you have not said how is that different from meeting five players in a group doing the same thing as one person controlling fiver players. You, as a solo player, would still be a disadvantage against them.

So does that mean grouping is also a form of cheating?

And you are wrong about Blizzard. it is their game. They set the rules. You do not have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    True. But you have not said how is that different from meeting five players in a group doing the same thing as one person controlling fiver players. You, as a solo player, would still be a disadvantage against them.

So does that mean grouping is also a form of cheating?

And you are wrong about Blizzard. it is their game. They set the rules. You do not have to like it.
    Is grouping an unfair advantage now? Pretty sure it's not.
    I am not wrong. Blizzard sets the rules, sets what is allowed as i said. They do not set the meaning of words. Allowing cheating doesn't mean it stops being cheating. It's just that. Allowed cheating.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-11 at 02:16 PM.

I am a multiboxer myself and yes it should be prohibited. The advantage is immense compared to others and it also destroys the econemy from boosting. Equal suffering for all. Why do I do it? Like I said, econemy is just f*cked up.

No because it makes Blizzard more money and it is almost impossible to implement that kind of restriction without making a 1 account per mac address/ip address and that is extremely anti-consumer and potentially against some laws.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's not botting at all since I'm performing every action that takes place. I've personally never seen a multiboxer in a dungeon unless they were amazing and I just didn't notice but I'm sure it happens, I've had a couple guys say all they do to level is dungeons.
    You are using a program, something, to broadcast the keystroke multiple times. You are not performing every action that takes place otherwise each character would have its own key press instead of a clone. While it may not fall under the AFK nature of bots it does fall under the scripting nature of bots. The process gets even cloudier when you use specific third party software designed for multi-boxing to allow advanced commands. Because that using bots.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it at all but there's lots of player decisions made in the game that I don't like but wouldn't agree with banning people over it.

Like playing clean-shaven human males. Or giving characters uncreative, game-breaking names.

If someone is gonna fork out the cash to play multiple accounts, that's their business. It's not much different to getting a group of friends to all do the same thing.

Of course not, its pay2win. Also its silly on the economy side of the game.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are using a program, something, to broadcast the keystroke multiple times.
    So then you agree I'm pressing the button

You are not performing every action that takes place
    I am

While it may not fall under the AFK nature of bots it does fall under the scripting nature of bots.
    Maybe I don't know how bots work because I'm under the impression that you start your bot software then kick your feet up and do nothing while stuff happens

The process gets even cloudier when you use specific third party software designed for multi-boxing to allow advanced commands. Because that using bots.
    Advanced or basic, no event occurs without my direct interaction.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should multiboxing be allowed? Nope, paint it as you like but it's still botting and ruins immersion in a literal ROLEPLAYING game

Will blizzard ever do anything about it? EHEHEHE hell no, it's more $$$$ for them, ofcourse they allow it to happen

I really love how completely incapable of critical thinking anybody who is against multiboxing is.

If multiboxing goes away, consumable prices will skyrocket. If consumable prices skyrocket, the incentive to do things automatically becomes more prescient. If the incentive to do things automatically is more prescient, botting becomes more prescient. So, in effect, removing multiboxing would ultimately make the already shitty problem of botting even more lucrative and accomplish absolutely nothing other than making consumables more expensive and scarce. Congratulations my dues, "I don't like it therefore it shouldn't exist" has yet again triumphed over critical thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Should multiboxing be allowed? Nope, paint it as you like but it's still botting and ruins immersion in a literal ROLEPLAYING game

Will blizzard ever do anything about it? EHEHEHE hell no, it's more $$$$ for them, ofcourse they allow it to happen
    I also love seeing this post for the 4,893rd time this thread. Bravo dude. You really nailed it!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I really love how completely incapable of critical thinking anybody who is against multiboxing is.

If multiboxing goes away, consumable prices will skyrocket. If consumable prices skyrocket, the incentive to do things automatically becomes more prescient. If the incentive to do things automatically is more prescient, botting becomes more prescient. So, in effect, removing multiboxing would ultimately make the already shitty problem of botting even more lucrative and accomplish absolutely nothing other than making consumables more expensive and scarce. Congratulations my dues, "I don't like it therefore it shouldn't exist" has yet again triumphed over critical thinking.
    your level of critical thinking has truly made me see the light.

I never knew the people who made the game had so little control over the supply and demand of consumables, that the only thing keeping it all from spiraling out of control is our god given right to multibax.

Yes, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of system like the one they made for Twinks in random BGs. Have a special server for them or something so they can all multi one another. I don't see a way they make the experience any better for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I think it's a complete bs principle. But, it makes Blizzard a shit tonne more money, so it will always be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    No, I think it's a complete bs principle. But, it makes Blizzard a shit tonne more money, so it will always be allowed.
    i'd say its 50% it makes them money and 50% enforcement issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    I feel that multiboxing should be allowed as long as you control each character separately. When you have 20+ charters that all follow/mount/mine/kill/loot automatically while you control a single character it's no better than botting.
    So you don't support it then. Multiboxers use a third party program to replicate their button presses across repeated instances of the WoW client. They're not being controlled individually, they're being replicated by a third party program.

The only true multiboxer the way you're talking about is one person with two accounts; 1 which sits and farms and the other which sits and Auction House posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    Yeah if a game needs to have multiboxers and bots for its consumables to be accessible maybe the problem is in how time consuming farming consumables is? The solution for that is not multiboxing (and with your logic botting), it's to balance the game better. You should cut down on critical drinking.
    There's the rub. The reason for the changes to professions to have ranks and require so many items per item crafted is because of multiboxers and the ease at which they can obtain the materials. The markets would be crashed overnight if they didn't make them expensive / rare because one bot can swoop in on 10 toons, fully loot a node vs random people wondering past it which might result in 2-4 loots before despawn, and be on their way to post all of that up. Posting that volume of stuff tanks the supply / demand market.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2020-08-11 at 06:16 PM.

I prefer to collect herbs myself.

Those problems you suggest from removing multiboxing are entirely irrelevant. Doing one wrong to stop another wrong does not make it right.

Only way for blizz to "remove" multiboxing is to make it logistically difficult. There have been some discussion in previous threads and possibly even in this, but I can't be arsed to go look for them.

Multiboxing is not the way game was intended to be played. Any semantics and "BUT BUT BUT" doesn't matter. Its not how things should be.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

Yeah if a game needs to have multiboxers and bots for its consumables to be accessible maybe the problem is in how time consuming farming consumables is? The solution for that is not multiboxing (and with your logic botting), it's to balance the game better. You should cut down on critical drinking.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with it as long as they weren't allowed to kill other players, only PVE activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

But Blizzard loves them,, so, pointless