Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, I question the validity of the account. It seems to me to be astonishingly stupid to use lethal force to stop a non-lethal threat, by trying to direct that force to be less lethal. Why issue batons to police officers, when we can issue them swords? If the suspect's not a threat, they can just smack them with the flat of the blade, instead, right?

We don't do that because it's fucking stupid. Just as stupid as trying to shoot someone in an extremity to disable, rather than using something like a taser or beanbag rounds or whatever, which are designed for such use.
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    NGL it smacks of creative writing.
    Yeah, looks like it. European cops do have tasers and the good old nightsticks after all for a reason. If the target is at 2-3 meters from you good luck hitting them in the legs, especially if they are moving towards you and/or you haven't drawn. Thats like literally one second or less until the distance is covered, even pelvis hit won't stop the momentum.

One good example of not shooting for center mass was I think a case in USA, where a police marksman shot a pistol out of the hand of the perp with a sniper rifle. The guy was sitting on a chair, did not move and the cop had a looong time to aim. Quite different from someone in your face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Yeah, looks like it. European cops do have tasers and the good old nightsticks after all for a reason. If the target is at 2-3 meters from you good luck hitting them in the legs, especially if they are moving towards you and/or you haven't drawn. Thats like literally one second or less until the distance is covered, even pelvis hit won't stop the momentum.

One good example of not shooting for center mass was I think a case in USA, where a police marksman shot a pistol out of the hand of the perp with a sniper rifle. The guy was sitting on a chair, did not move and the cop had a looong time to aim. Quite different from someone in your face.
    I'm sorry the sources are not your liking. The problem is that it is a bit hard to find something about police training in a german speaking land in english. The only thing i can come up with is: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44349468 (not about the training, but it actually being done)

But if you'd bother to learn my language, i will gladly discuss about the difference between "Warnschuss", "Alarmschuss" and "Finalen Rettungschuss".

Instead you're sitting in your armchair half a planet away disregarding anything, because it doesn't fit your narrative. Who needs facts when you got your feelings. Am i right?

It's a bit comical having americans making condescending remarks about european police training as inefficient and bullshit. Maybe you're not the world authority on police training and conduct?

To add to this: "Hurr durr tasers" - Contrary to some other nations we don't give police any new toy and gadget they want. That's the reason why tasers have only been in action for the past decade after an intense and long evaluation period. Therefore not all police have them, as - and i know this will be shocking to some of you - We don't hand them out without proper training.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2020-08-11 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I'm sorry the sources are not your liking. The problem is that it is a bit hard to find something about police training in a german speaking land in english. The only thing i can come up with is: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44349468 (not about the training, but it actually being done)

But if you'd bother to learn my language, i will gladly discuss about the difference between "Warnschuss", "Alarmschuss" and "Finalen Rettungschuss".

Instead you're sitting in your armchair half a planet away disregarding anything, because it doesn't fit your narrative. Who needs facts when you got your feelings. Am i right?

It's a bit comical having americans making condescending remarks about european police training as inefficient and bullshit. Maybe you're not the world authority on police training and conduct?

To add to this: "Hurr durr tasers" - Contrary to some other nations we don't give police any new toy and gadget they want. That's the reason why tasers have only been in action for the past decade after an intense and long evaluation period. Therefore not all police have them, as - and i know this will be shocking to some of you - We don't hand them out without proper training.
    Dear Herr German, I am not an American. In fact, I am from Europe. I can judge by what I have seen and read about our local realities. I am gonna say this again - truly, this FAT AMERICABALL avatar is amazing. People go insane, really.
    Also, without translating I am pretty sure those say something similar to warning, more serious warning and the final warning.

Until the 2nd Amendment is repealed, this cannot be considered true in the USA; citizens are legally entitled to arm themselves, and officers need to respond to that protected freedom accordingly.

Whether you disagree with the 2nd Amendment is an entirely different issue; we're discussing how things actually are. An "is" argument, not an "ought" argument.
    This is not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is not true.
    The current status quo of protecting murderous police officers from facing legal consequences for their crimes is true.

It's directly unconstitutional, in cases like Whittaker's, where the only justification for shooting Whittaker was "he's exerting his Constitutional rights!"

7+ Year Old Account
    This is not true.
    So you’re saying that the cost of the second amendment is having the government gun you down at a moments’ notice? Seem like that’s infringing on the second amendment: threatening death for arming yourself...

The second amendment doesn't actually guarantee private weapons ownership, and historically, nobody thought it did, not even the NRA, until circa 1980. In any case, it was written in a time of muskets. It was never intended for individuals to have the firepower of a batallion to terrorize civilians. It was about states and colonies rights in the face of a ban from King George.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess BLM have dropped the "We aren't looting and rioting, those are opportunists and outside agitators trying to make us look bad!" facade...

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...onday/2320365/

Quote Originally Posted by NBC Chicago
    Members of Black Lives Matter held a solidarity rally on Monday night with the more than 100 individuals who were arrested after a night of looting and unrest in Chicago.

The rally was held at the South Loop police station where organizers say those individuals are currently being held in custody.

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, said. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

Black Lives Matter Chicago organized the rally after overnight unrest throughout the city, with police saying that more than 100 individuals were taken into custody for a variety of offenses, including looting.

“That is reparations,” Atkins said. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

Chicago police believe the looting began after officers shot a man in the city’s Englewood neighborhood on Sunday afternoon. Authorities say the man, identified as 20-year-old Latrell Allen, had a gun and fired at police before they returned fire, striking and wounding him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I guess BLM have dropped the "We aren't looting and rioting, those are opportunists and outside agitators trying to make us look bad!" facade...

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...onday/2320365/
    In other words, you want to ignore the damage caused by centuries of white supremacism and discrimination leading to a modern society where black people are regularly killed by police for no reason, to focus on one person who, when contrasting against the former, doesn't give a shit about a little looting?

This is exactly the point of BLM. You care more about Gucci stores and their presumably insured merchandise than you care about the lives of black Americans.

This is not true.
    Except, it is true... or you hate the 2nd Amendment...

Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words, you want to ignore the damage caused by centuries of white supremacism and discrimination leading to a modern society where black people are regularly killed by police for no reason, to focus on one person who, when contrasting against the former, doesn't give a shit about a little looting?

This is exactly the point of BLM. You care more about Gucci stores and their presumably insured merchandise than you care about the lives of black Americans.
    Yes yes, and then when businesses get tired of the looting and leave those communities and there are more food deserts and no jobs making poverty there even worse you will be back here to tell me about how white supremacy and evil white flight are to blame for that as well.

*yawn*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes yes, and then when businesses get tired of the looting and leave those communities and there are more food deserts and no jobs making poverty there even worse you will be back here to tell me about how white supremacy and evil white flight are to blame for that as well.

*yawn*

Why should I entertain your fantasies, particularly as they're clearly rooted in white supremacism?

What you're describing literally does not happen. It's all delusional nonsense.

Edit: And before you protest too loudly about the accusation, there; hand-waving away the impacts of white supremacy and pretending that's a ridiculous thing to recognize, that's an argument rooted in white supremacist thinking.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-08-12 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Not the best Rock promo:

Yeah the Rock can go back to making his titty and explosion flicks, I have no problem with him or being political, but he seems a little late now. Seriously! Rock would have come a long way before I take him being political.

Seriously, I don't think celebrities ought to be vilified or celebrated when they get political, but I do think if you ARE going to be political as "The Rock" would put it, you can't be a candy ass.

I think being political actually takes courage, especially if you are famous or have a brand, because there is always, always the fear you will pay for it and maybe if you have the financial stability it's easier.

However I think for someone to have credibility to me they have to, HAVE to be willing to take the hits.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account

*yawn*

I mean, yes; deliberately creating impoverished areas as an excuse for not having to give minorities access to services is as American as apple pie.

But hey, don't just listen to me. Have some perspective.

Let me explain to you something about economics in America. And I’m so glad that as a child I got an opportunity to spend time at PUSH, where they taught me this, is that we must never forget that economics was the reason that black people were brought to this country. We came to do the agricultural work in the South and the textile work in the North. Do you understand that? That’s what we came to do. We came to do the agricultural work in the South and the textile work in the North.

If I right now decided that I wanted to play Monopoly with you, and for 400 rounds of playing Monopoly, I didn’t allow you to have any money, I didn’t allow you to have anything on the board, I didn’t allow for you to have anything, and then we played another 50 rounds of Monopoly and everything that you gained and you earned while you were playing that round of Monopoly was taken from you, that was Tulsa. That was Rosewood. Those are places where we built black economic wealth, where we were self-sufficient, where we owned our stores, where we owned our property, and they burned them to the ground.

So that’s 450 years. So for 400 rounds of Monopoly, you don’t get to play at all. Not only do you not get to play, you have to play on the behalf of the person that you’re playing against. You have to play and make money and earn wealth for them, and then you have to turn it over to them. So then for 50 years you finally get a little bit and you’re allowed to play. And every time that they don’t like the way that you’re playing, or that you’re catching up, or that you’re doing something to be self-sufficient, they burn your game. They burn your cards. They burn your Monopoly money. And then finally at the release and the onset of that, they allow you to play, and they say, “Okay, now you catch up.”

Now, at this point, the only way you’re going to catch up in the game is if the person shares the wealth, correct? But what if every time you shared the wealth, then there’s psychological warfare against you to say, “Oh, you’re an equal opportunity hire.” So if I played 400 rounds of monopoly with you and I had to play and give you every dime that I made, and then for 50 years, every time that I played, if you didn’t like what I did, you got to burn it like they did in Tulsa and like they did in Rosewood, how can you win? How can you win?

You can’t win. The game is fixed. So when they say, “Why do you burn down the community? Why do you burn down your own neighborhood?” It’s not ours. We don’t own anything. We don’t own anything. Trevor Noah said it so beautifully last night. There’s a social contract that we all have, that if you steal, or if I steal, then the person who is the authority comes in and they fix the situation. But the person who fixes the situation is killing us. So the social contract is broken. And if the social contract is broken, why the f*** do I give a shit about burning the f***ing Football Hall of Fame, about burning a f***ing Target?

You broke the contract when you killed us in the streets and didn’t give a f***. You broke the contract when for 400 years, we played your game and built your wealth. You broke the contract when we built our wealth again on our own by our bootstraps in Tulsa and you dropped bombs on us, when we built it in Rosewood and you came in and you slaughtered us. You broke the contract. So f*** your Target. F*** your Hall of Fame. Far as I’m concerned, they could burn this bitch to the ground, and it still wouldn’t be enough. And they are lucky that what black people are looking for is equality and not revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account

*yawn*

Hold on, soo if Gucci Stores get looted then there is a likelihood they will leave and not come back? Is that a promise.

Because I guarantee you some of the shit you are talking about is exactly why this sort of shit is happening, WHO's calls do you think those cops are answering for when it comes to a large chunk of this shit, when it's not some Joe or Karen suspicious of the people from the neighborhoods being pushed out being their.

The very reason BLM exist, is because of the people who give more of a shit about STUFF, than people. As long as STUFF is more important than the human lives being ignored and murdered by those who are responsible for trying to protect the problem will never get fixed.

And I am NOT in BLM, nor do I support Defunding Police, but this Narrative that places like Chicago are corrupt and crime ridden all of a sudden and because of those people for example is a lot of shit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    The very reason BLM exist
    The reason BLM exists is presidential election

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    no it doesn't, stop embarassing yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trayvon Martin was shot in February 2012, contrary to whatever RT "think"piece about BLM you're getting your information from says.

So...which election was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So...which election was that?
    No idea

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is a pretty grand level of delusion.