Thread: Halo Infinite

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game play wise it looks fine but it's not blowing me away. The guns have weight to them with good sound and shoot well with crisp movement I come to expect from Halo games so no complaints but only new feature I'm seeing is a grappling hook which I'm actually alright with. I like Halo when it has simple movement that emphasizes just moving about and shooting not tons of armor abilities/movement capabilities.

Graphics also not blowing me away but I do like that they're throwing it back with some CE inspiration. Style wise it looks fine but for next gen it should be better which I'm sure it will be once we get the final release.

Only thing I don't like is "open world". I'm tired of open world games and I just hope it doesn't have a ton of bullshit side crap to do with a good "main story" that just linearly takes you across the map.

Overall for a next gen game this is somewhat disappointing but I'll likely get it for the multiplayer anyways if it's good and not like Reach, 4 or 5

I like the Xbox strategy, as a PC player. Going for solid framerates and resolutions is far more important. It doesn't matter how many wrinkles your characters ass has if it's playing at a 10 frame slideshow.

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i hoped for Halo 6, not an Halo that will end as online service game. Oh well...

Even other brands are taking the piss out of 343 on this one, what a timeline we live in.

Man, this game looks terrible, imo. Okay, let me explain.

For a new Halo game, it would just be a disappointment. I mean, Halo has never really been cutting edge graphically. It looks pretty bad and I had a whole different idea of what this game was going to be, but I would still try it. I will probably. That is for just a Halo game.

However, this game was the primetime game for their "Next Gen" graphics focused Xbox Series X showcase, and the primary game that had gameplay on show. Before, and even now, the selling point for this thing is the fast GPU and how it has a superior GPU to the PS5(which it apparently does) and allows developers to focus on game instead of hardware limitations.

In that context, one might expect this game to look at least as good as most current AAA games, but it doesn't(imo). In fact, some of the comparisons are hilariously bad for Halo Infinite.

I know this isn't the case, but it makes me "feel" like the studio has been being lazy. The whole "ray tracing after launch" is the worst possible thing to say, imo, because it really is insulting(imo). First, why can't launch be delayed, if the game isn't ready. Second, does "ray tracing" really fix those issues that seem to stand out to even casual viewers about why this game looks bad. I doubt it. I know how important lighting is in a game, and how just adjusting gamma can have huge effects on perception, but these graphics, at their base, are not what I had hoped. Ray tracing and lighting improvements will help a lot, but come on with that. They need to get to work, and get this thing fixed asap.

Also, even without the graphics, the game doesn't excite me like I thought it would, or it could have. I was expecting to be impressed, and I haven't been. The graphics are only part of it. This should have been the game that skyrocketed Xbox back into the software conversation. Hopefully, it ends up being good, ON LAUNCH.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-07-28 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Man, this game looks terrible. Okay, let me explain.

For a new Halo game, it would just be a disappointment. I mean, Halo has never really been cutting edge graphically. It looks pretty bad and I had a whole different idea of what this game was going to be, but I would still try it. I will probably. That is for just a Halo game.

However, this game was the primetime game for their "Next Gen" graphics focused Xbox Series X showcase, and the primary game that had gameplay on show. Before, and even now, the selling point for this thing is the fast GPU and how it has a superior GPU to the PS5(which it apparently does) and allows developers to focus on game instead of hardware limitations.
    Its been pretty telling over the last week since the show that the PR's gone from "12 flops, the most powerful console" to a full 180 of "its not about power, its about great gameplay". I was really hoping Xbone would be a lesson in humility and they get their shit together to put out a good product again but i'm just expecting an extension of the same shit we have had since the early 2010's and that sucks.

And it's delayed. I guess MS was in a lose lose situation, launch series X with a shit looking unpolished game or launch it with nothing and they chose nothing with the hopes of it getting better. Launch matters though and about the only console I can think of that recovered from a bad launch was the PS3. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And it's delayed. I guess MS was in a lose lose situation, launch series X with a shit looking unpolished game or launch it with nothing and they chose nothing with the hopes of it getting better. Launch matters though and about the only console I can think of that recovered from a bad launch was the PS3. Not looking good.
    Welp, at least the ray tracing should be in the game for Series X by the time it launches.

I'm betting that timelines were already tight as-is and that potential delays were on the table, but the pretty savage reaction to the gameplay trailer convinced them to give the game more time.

Damnit Craig, I blame you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What? Oh wow, I can't believe they delayed it. Wow. Halo Infinite was the system seller for the Series X, I'm surprised they didn't just delay the whole thing they are so inexorably linked. I honestly think this is huge news in the console arena. Maybe they see they are going to be supply constrained on the next gen and decided to stagger the golden egg and put it out when they expect supply to start catching up. I don't know. I am hugely affected by this. To the internet for more research.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    What? Oh wow, I can't believe they delayed it. Wow. Halo Infinite was the system seller for the Series X, I'm surprised they didn't just delay the whole thing they are so inexorably linked. I honestly think this is huge news in the console arena. Maybe they see they are going to be supply constrained on the next gen and decided to stagger the golden egg and put it out when they expect supply to start catching up. I don't know. I am hugely affected by this. To the internet for more research.
    Because that would absolutely fuck third party titles launching on the platform and give Sony a huge lead in hardware installs, when Sony is already crushing Microsoft in that category.

There's no good move here. Either their biggest IP and key console seller has an iffy launch and potentially damages the Halo brand while being an anchor on the Xbox in terms of sales, or they push it out and deal with initially lower sales due to the lack of Halo and hope that the other offerings can tide them over until Halo can move units.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because that would absolutely fuck third party titles launching on the platform and give Sony a huge lead in hardware installs, when Sony is already crushing Microsoft in that category.

There's no good move here. Either their biggest IP and key console seller has an iffy launch and potentially damages the Halo brand while being an anchor on the Xbox in terms of sales, or they push it out and deal with initially lower sales due to the lack of Halo and hope that the other offerings can tide them over until Halo can move units.
    Yeah, it's just a shock. I agree with your reasoning. I feel like I'm watching a slow motion train wreck.

edit: A few weeks ago(or right before the software reveal) I would have not thought this possible.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-08-11 at 07:35 PM.

is halo infinte for pc too?

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    is halo infinte for pc too?
    Yes

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Halo_Infinite/
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Do you hear the voices too?

I feel like I could just link this thread anytime anyone ever asks why consoles are always so obsessed about pushing graphics as opposed to FPS.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, at least the ray tracing should be in the game for Series X by the time it launches.

I'm betting that timelines were already tight as-is and that potential delays were on the table, but the pretty savage reaction to the gameplay trailer convinced them to give the game more time.

Damnit Craig, I blame you.
    I'll take it over "we can patch it later" with a bunch of heavy asterisks honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I feel like I could just link this thread anytime anyone ever asks why consoles are always so obsessed about pushing graphics as opposed to FPS.
    You got games that manage to do both, and if the Xbox Series X (BTW this hotly competes with the Wii U for the worse named console in the history of ever) is that powerful they shouldn't have to make such a compromise, or rather certainly not to the extent that the game looks almost worse than titles from 2016 that did run at 60 FPS on consoles.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You got games that manage to do both, and if the Xbox Series X (BTW this hotly competes with the Wii U for the worse named console in the history of ever) is that powerful they shouldn't have to make such a compromise, or rather certainly not to the extent that the game looks almost worse than titles from 2016 that did run at 60 FPS on consoles.
    iono man the "new 3ds" still takes the cake for me.

I feel like people are exaggerating how bad this game looks. Its not pushing the envelope in the slightest but at no point did I think it looked outright bad during the trailer either. Maybe I'm just not that invested though as I haven't played a halo since 2. Looked good enough that I wouldn't care about the graphics and would care more about if I enjoy the gameplay or story.

I did buy the collection when a couple friends said they wanted to play them (and then immediately backed out) but I haven't gotten around to playing through them yet.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    iono man the "new 3ds" still takes the cake for me.

I feel like people are exaggerating how bad this game looks. Its not pushing the envelope in the slightest but at no point did I think it looked outright bad during the trailer either. Maybe I'm just not that invested though as I haven't played a halo since 2. Looked good enough that I wouldn't care about the graphics and would care more about if I enjoy the gameplay or story.

I did buy the collection when a couple friends said they wanted to play them (and then immediately backed out) but I haven't gotten around to playing through them yet.
    I mean it doesn't look terrible but it doesn't look very good either. Most AAA open world games from the last 3 or 4 years looked better, and I'm being generous by using them as a point of comparison instead of more recent, linear games like Last of Us 2 or Doom Eternal which absolutely crap over it. Memes gonna be memes and exaggerate everything of course, but Microsoft brought it upon themselves when they bragged about how the Series X would be the most powerful console evar then showcased a decidedly last-gen looking game as their new-gen system seller.

Not like people could talk about the gameplay instead. It was just more Halo but with a grappling hook, and no look at the multiplayer which is the meat and potatoes of many players as well.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.