Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Cool [TV] Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous

Oh.my.gawd...

if this is the level of animation they will have for an animated TV show...I don't want to know the budget for this..didn't expect this from Netflix..

At first I thought "Gaming Beaver" posted a trailer for the game jurassic world: evolution, but this...

https://jurassicoutpost.com/dreamwor...-onto-netflix/

DREAMWORKS DEBUTS JURASSIC WORLD CAMP CRETACEOUS TRAILER – AN ALL NEW ANIMATED SERIES ROARING ONTO NETFLIX!

Posted on 4th June 2019 by Chris Pugh

Welcome to Camp Cretaceous. At long last, the Jurassic Park series enters the animated foray with an all new series coming from DreamWorks Animation! Debuting exclusively on Netflix in 2020, Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous promises all the the thrills, wonder, and adventure synonymous with the Jurassic films.

DreamWorks Animation today announced Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, an animated action-adventure series, is set to debut globally on Netflix in 2020 as part of an ongoing multi-year agreement with Netflix to produce original animated kids and family programming. Set within the same timeline as the 2015 blockbuster film, Jurassic World, the Netflix original series is inspired by the multi-billion-dollar franchise from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous follows a group of six teenagers chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime experience at a new adventure camp on the opposite side of Isla Nublar. But when dinosaurs wreak havoc across the island, the campers are stranded. Unable to reach the outside world, they’ll need to go from strangers to friends to family if they’re going to survive.

Scott Kreamer (Pinky Malinky) and Lane Lueras (Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny) serve as showrunners and executive producers. The series is executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, and Colin Trevorrow. Zack Stentz serves as consulting producer.

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous builds on a successful five-year relationship between DreamWorks Animation and Netflix that has seen 18 original series debut on the service, including the Tales of Arcadia trilogy from Guillermo del Toro, She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, Spirit Riding Free, and The Boss Baby: Back in Business. Following NBCUniversal’s acquisition of the studio, DreamWorks Animation and Netflix expanded their relationship to include first looks at animated series based on Universal Pictures properties as well as original and acquired IP. DreamWorks Animation has a number of additional series slated to debut on Netflix in 2019, including Archibald’s Next Big Thing from executive producer Tony Hale and the highly anticipated Fast & Furious animated series.

About The Jurassic World Franchise

From Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, the Jurassic World franchise immerses audiences of all ages in a new era of wonder and thrills where dinosaurs and humankind must learn to coexist. Jurassic World is more than a film franchise. At every turn, this $5 billion film series delivers a larger-than-life destination for exploration, discovery, and epic adventure. Dinosaurs live again and they live in Jurassic World. The third installment in the Jurassic World film series hits theaters on June 11, 2021.
    From the synopsis, it sounds like Camp Cretaceous follows an elite-summer-camp-intern-program, where select students are given a once in a lifetime opportunity – but little do they know, it’s more than they bargained for. The series is believed to begin in parallel to the events of Jurassic World (much like Jurassic World Live), with all-hell letting loose after the Indominus Rex breaks free from her paddock. The six Camp Cretaceous stragglers are forced to come to terms with missing the evacuation of Isla Nublar, and band together to survive the chaos to follow (one might expect some ‘Swiss Family Robinson’ style antics to follow).

The trailer itself features stunning animation, featuring a Velociraptor in the jungle, investigating its surroundings and embodying the adventure to come. While the key art of the human characters is stylized, it seems the dinosaurs themselves with be realistically realized in beautiful 3D, accurately reflecting their live-action counterparts. While we haven’t seen much, it seems DreamWorks has knocked this one out of the park (no pun intended).

We couldn’t be more excited about the potential of this series! Will it show the park before its downfall – and if so, explore new areas of it? Further, will the series explore important other canonical stories playing out in other mediums, such as the Troodon and dino-decoder of Jurassic World Live, or the retrieval of the remains of the Indominus Rex, as seen in Fallen Kingdom? Or finally, will it explore entirely unknown events, perhaps expanding upon elements that will have a greater meaning in Jurassic World 3?

With so little known about the series, and so many opportunities to evolve the story into bold new territory, we’re confident this will be an exciting new Jurassic adventure for fans of all ages and interests. Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous will be a multi-season series, and debut on Netflix in 2020 (marking the first true Jurassic Park spin-off).

After the Jurassic Park films trying and failing to get a cartoon off the ground so many times in the past, it’s surreal to think that it’s finally happening! Let us know what you think of the first trailer, what you want from the series, and as always – stay tuned to Jurassic Outpost!

The Camp Cretaceous page on Netflix can be found here.
    http://www.netflix.com/jurassicworldcampcretaceous

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-06-04 at 07:39 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    New Jurassic World Netflix Series Gets Release Date! - Camp Cretaceous 2020.

Feb 20, 2020
    Klayton Fioriti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UKKbNmAyRE

Here I talk about the new Jurassic World Netflix series Camp Cretaceous and the dinosaur show's release date! Soon Jurassic Park will FINALLY get it's own animation series in August of 2020! Let's hope it's great!

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know...new teaser, seems 99% of the cgi went to the dinos n 1% to the kids...kids look like 90's cartoons..

I can't say I ever cared that much about any kids in the five jurassic movies..they better have some other characters as well..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-08-10 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeeeeeze, that 2nd video there looks like the whole basis for the show is playing through the "greatest hits" of scary moments in JP.

If there's territory JP needs to dive into, it's the rabbit-hole of genetic engineering and dark and creepy monsters and human hybrid super-soldiers. Not kids playing around in the world's most deadly theme park.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I want to see a third movie about the dinosaurs running amok amongst humanity.

How does the incompetent owner(s) of JP keep getting finances to build these parks!?

Looks shit btw. Detailed textured dinosaurs against generic cheaply done CGI human characters...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-08-11 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    How does the incompetent owner(s) of JP keep getting finances to build these parks!?

Looks shit btw. Detailed textured dinosaurs against generic cheaply done CGI human characters...
    well its not very different from real life actualy,bank bailouts,or a certain current president,its the norm that failures get rewarded

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    If there's territory JP needs to dive into, it's the rabbit-hole of genetic engineering and dark and creepy monsters and human hybrid super-soldiers. Not kids playing around in the world's most deadly theme park.
    I really, really disagree.

That would just... so destroy the first movie. Knowing that in the same world as the first film, that sort of nonsense exists.

The Jurassic park sequels aren't good, but at least I can believe that they all occur within the same "universe" as the first movie. But pushing it into total campy B-movie territory with human-dino hybrid nonsense kind of retroactively... denigrates... the first film in concept.

As for the TV show... it's for kids. I'm sure as a kid I would have liked it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don't think any remake, sequel, prequel, tv series in the franchise could ever come even close to the perfection of the first movie.

The kids in Camp Cretaceous probably look like cartoon characters to have smaller kids understand that it's just fiction. 8yo should have no problem anyway but you can be sure that somewhere a bunch of 4yo will sit in the background and watch it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was 10 I'd love this. Also when I was was 10 I watched Jurrassic Park (1993) in the cinemas, so yea

But I did wish for a TV show based off of this when I was a kid... 27 years too late tohugh
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-08-11 at 05:34 PM.

In the OP it says something about making shows for families. if I took those glasses on then I could totally picture myself some of my friends and their children watching this show together, when the children are 10-11 or something.

If this was aired when I was at that age I would be excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I really, really disagree.

That would just... so destroy the first movie. Knowing that in the same world as the first film, that sort of nonsense exists.

The Jurassic park sequels aren't good, but at least I can believe that they all occur within the same "universe" as the first movie. But pushing it into total campy B-movie territory with human-dino hybrid nonsense kind of retroactively... denigrates... the first film in concept.

As for the TV show... it's for kids. I'm sure as a kid I would have liked it.
    Dude the movies are pretty campy, they're the dinosaur version of the Friday the 13th movies.

And yeah, kids show is kids show, I get it. If nothing else, it still feels like it's just replaying the hits without actually introducing new material. Which I guess for kids who've never seen it is fine, uncreative, but fine.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

If I recall, the events of the first 2 films happen in quick succession. The first film was largely covered up, and the Sandiego incident lead to a governmental act to cordon off the 2 Islands and make Dino making illegal.

Then ingen goes insolvent and is bought out by that other company the Indian guy from Jworld owns. Then they start goofing around with genetics again. J3 happens somewhere in this early 2000 time frame. And then J World opens like mid to late 2000s, and you are caught up.

Basically in the public and governments eyes, only the SanDiego thing happened and that cost Hammond control of the company and largely the company was poised to go out of business if not for the other guy buying it, who ultimately started the park. The OG Jurassic Park never opened to the public, they only knew of Jurassic World.

5+ Year Old Account
    Camp Cretaceous now that I think about it, sounds like a chain of sea-food restaurants, or like a spongebob teenage summer-camp movie where he joins the scouts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Dude the movies are pretty campy, they're the dinosaur version of the Friday the 13th movies.
    Sure. But they're still only about... dinosaurs.

Not horrid human-dino hybrids.

And to wit, I don't think the Lost World or even Jurassic World on their surface were "conceptually bad" movies. The elevator pitch for both films is pretty promising. The execution was what was lacking.

But in no way, shape or form does "human-dino hybrids run rampant" ever acquiesce into a good movie. That's scifi channel original movie territory right there.

And as I said... if a person had only seen Jurassic Park, and you told them "hey there's another movie where Alan Grant goes to an island to try and save a kid and there's this big Spinosaurus dinosaur there and it fights a t. rex and the raptors hunt them" they'd probably be like "alright... sure... makes sense." Again, Jurassic Park 3 isn't a good movie, but it still fits logically within the continuity of the first one.

But if I told them "hey there's another movie where these same characters that were so grounded and likeable in the first movie go toe-to-toe with insane raptor-human hybrids made by evil military men or whatever" the logical response of most people would probably be "what were they smoking that made them think that was a good idea?"

And yeah, kids show is kids show, I get it. If nothing else, it still feels like it's just replaying the hits without actually introducing new material. Which I guess for kids who've never seen it is fine, uncreative, but fine.
    I'd rather they go off of what they know works than... do something with weird human-dino hybrids, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Camp Cretaceous now that I think about it, sounds like a chain of sea-food restaurants, or like a spongebob teenage summer-camp movie where he joins the scouts
    "Cretaceous," pertaining to the cretaceous period, the third and last period of the age of the dinosaurs, spanning a time period from 145-65 million years ago, following the distinctly separate Jurassic and Triassic periods. Dinosaurs that lived in the Cretaceous period include the likes of Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops, Velociraptor, and many others.

"Crustacean," a group of primarily marine arthropods including lobsters and crabs.

Not the same thing.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-08-12 at 05:55 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ....logical response of most people would probably be "what were they smoking that made them think that was a good idea?"

I'd rather they go off of what they know works than... do something with weird human-dino hybrids, that's for sure.
    I really didn't think "logic" was a requirement in movies these days, especially in the "action" genre. Some good-looking guy saves some good-looking girl from some bad-looking people or monsters and there's a lot of guns and explosions.

I mean, you say my suggestion is "weird", but the last movie we literally had dinosaurs being auctioned off as pets/weapons and the science behind the series already includes unlocking the secrets of DNA and genetically engineering super-dinosaurs. I mean, Chris Pratt rode a motorcycle through the jungle with a pack of raptors, serious territory was somewhere back around JP1 and the book storyline of dinosaurs reaching the mainlaind in a fashion that could not be easily contained. The entire book series was about the concept of how once the genie is out of the bottle you can't put it back. And the movies have taken that to being able to genetically engineer super dinos. That kind of technology would be worth amounts of money that even the wealthiest men in the world cannot fathom.

At this point we might as well have just have a Michael Bay-directed four-way between Jagers, Decepticons, super-dino Kaiju and the American military.

You are honestly the only person I know who wants to take the JP-line seriously. IMO the JP line stopped being serious in the 2nd movie when some bounty hunter played African safari with dinosaurs and a T-Rex wandered around downtown with relatively minimal notice.

"Playing the hits" is less for the kids and more for the people who actually watched all the movies, so instead of seeing something new and creative (which doesn't have to be dino-human hybrids, could be anything!) we get to feel safe and reassured that the things we look back on with fondness (regardless of how lame the movies really were) are still considered "good" and we don't have to be scared by the things we know and love being "different". The kids sure as heck don't remember those scenes and have no attachment to them. You could make up completely new stuff for the kids and they wouldn't know the difference.

Playing the hits? That's for us.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I want to see a third movie about the dinosaurs running amok amongst humanity.
    ...and getting annihilated in ten seconds by any kind of modern weaponry.

I don't entirely dislike the contrast of the CGI styles. On its own it could be interpreted as the contrast between innocent children having fun and brutal animals fighting for survival. However, the budget does seem a bit low, considering the size of the brand.
    That aside, if kids were the one of the weaker parts of all Jurassic Park movies, because everybody knows nothing will happen to them, making a show with nothing but kids will result in a bunch of pointless jumpscares and chases, with no payoff. It's not like it needs to be gory, but it's hard to feel threatened by a human eating monster that never eats anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    ...and getting annihilated in ten seconds by any kind of modern weaponry.

I don't entirely dislike the contrast of the CGI styles. On its own it could be interpreted as the contrast between innocent children having fun and brutal animals fighting for survival. However, the budget does seem a bit low, considering the size of the brand.
    That aside, if kids were the one of the weaker parts of all Jurassic Park movies, because everybody knows nothing will happen to them, making a show with nothing but kids will result in a bunch of pointless jumpscares and chases, with no payoff. It's not like it needs to be gory, but it's hard to feel threatened by a human eating monster that never eats anyone.
    You don't want to see f-22 shoot missiles at a tyrannosaurus rex? I would like to see a submarine shoot torpedos at a megalodon or whatever that large water dinosaur was? Swarms of velociraptors running through subways and office buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    You don't want to see f-22 shoot missiles at a tyrannosaurus rex? I would like to see a submarine shoot torpedos at a megalodon or whatever that large water dinosaur was? Swarms of velociraptors running through subways and office buildings?
    They're animals. They're big and scaly, but they're no harder to kill than an elephant. The only ones that would survive among humans would be the compys, as they seem to reproduce rapidly, they'd be a pest and at worst they would make some birds and insects extinct. Anything larger than that would be dead within the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Heros, Marvel, Dinosaurs, Nah I'll pass I am burnt out on this bullshit. Can't believe I am going to say this but I can kind of see why Anime has done so great over the years. Special Effects here in the west seems to have killed any kind of real interesting story. I really can't be wow'd anymore by this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis