Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Its not how things should be.
    Only Blizz can decide that, and years ago in vanilla they decided it's cool
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

If multiboxers find a way to play all their acc while paying for only 1 then blizz will ban it,100% , the only problem i see with multiboxing is the ruined economy at least here in EU where for example nazatar is full of russian druids flying from herb to herb leaving nothing and flooding the AH!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    The rule is "one button one action per client"
    But that isn't being followed. Because it is one button for one action across all clients. You do not push 1 five times in order to cast fireball. You push it 1 time and it casts a fireball across all clients.

That sounds like a shitty bot lol If I have to press a button for the bot to perform every action then I'd rather not invest in the bot software at all.
    A terrible bot is still a bot. A bot is just a script that does something for you. AFK or not. You can still get in trouble with Blizzard for running a bot even if you are are at the keyboard manually triggering the scripts. TDScript does more then you normally can do because it assigns all actions to 1 key regardless of what those actions are. You can not do that without the addon or the proper script. Having to explain this is strange since you should understand that concept being a multi-boxer.

I can do any pet battle by just blindly hitting the 'A' key. That isn't normally how it works. I'd have to hit 1,2,3. I'd have to switch in pets in the strategy. I'd have to pay attention to the buffs, debuffs, and cool downs. Etc. A script is a form of bot no doubt about it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    it's botting as far as i'm concerned, blizzard doesn't care because they make a lot of money from it. simple as that
    Then why are bots banned when there are more of them? Because it's all about money right? Or you're just making an emotional statement that doesn't use logic.

This thread is probably about envy. People are envious that they don't have enough money to do this themselves so they lash out emotionally. Blizzard have explained why they allow multiboxers and they have fixed anything that has become a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I think my computer could handle two accounts.
    What are you computer specs? It doesn't take much computer to multibox, my computer is from 2012 besides the video card I updated last year.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But that isn't being followed. Because it is one button for one action across all clients. You do not push 1 five times in order to cast fireball. You push it 1 time and it casts a fireball across all clients.
    Yep, that's the rule.

If I have 1,000 clients and I press fireball then expect to get hit by 1,000 fireballs ... if we both don't DC first lol

A terrible bot is still a bot. A bot is just a script that does something for you.
    When I make a macro
    /script print("Hello Rhorle")
    Am I the bot?

AFK or not. You can still get in trouble with Blizzard for running a bot even if you are are at the keyboard manually triggering the scripts.
    Well, they don't know you're there. They just know the software is running.

TDScript does more then you normally can do because it assigns all actions to 1 key regardless of what those actions are. You can not do that without the addon or the proper script. Having to explain this is strange since you should understand that concept being a multi-boxer.
    I was curious what you meant when you said "more than what I can normally do" I thought you meant like it teleports you or something of that nature not simply moving actions to one button.

I can do any pet battle by just blindly hitting the 'A' key.
    It's wonderful isn't it <3

That isn't normally how it works. I'd have to hit 1,2,3. I'd have to switch in pets in the strategy. I'd have to pay attention to the buffs, debuffs, and cool downs. Etc. A script is a form of bot no doubt about it.
    Eh, I just read the guides and press what buttons it says to press ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My Collection

15+ Year Old Account
    If I have 1,000 clients and I press fireball then expect to get hit by 1,000 fireballs ... if we both don't DC first lol
    Right. But that isn't one button one action. It is one button multiple actions. You are using a third party tool to clone that key press multiple times. Instead of pushing a button 1,000 times.

When I make a macro
    /script print("Hello Rhorle")
    Am I the bot?
    Yes. Macro's are a form of automation. That is why Blizzard over the years have tweaked addons and macros to limit what can and can not be automated with them. It is why decursive was banned by Blizzard. Its automation was deemed to be bad.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Right. But that isn't one button one action. It is one button multiple actions. You are using a third party tool to clone that key press multiple times. Instead of pushing a button 1,000 times.
    that's why the blue guy specifically said 1 press = 1 action per account, not 1 press = 1 action. semantics matter when you talk about definitions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    that's why the blue guy specifically said 1 press = 1 action per account, not 1 press = 1 action. semantics matter when you talk about definitions.
    Right. But that wasn't the context of the responses which is why the blue post is irrelevant to the specific conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    Right. But that wasn't the context of the responses which is why the blue post is irrelevant to the specific conversation. Blizzard allows key cloning but that still isn't pushing the button for each account. It is pushing for the main account and broadcasting it to the others.

What are you computer specs? It doesn't take much computer to multibox, my computer is from 2012 besides the video card I updated last year.
    amd ryzen 5 2600x 1660 nvidia 16gb of ram

Right. But that wasn't the context of the responses which is why the blue post is irrelevant to the specific conversation. Blizzard allows key cloning but that still isn't pushing the button for each account. It is pushing for the main account and broadcasting it to the others.
    you hear stories often enough about people who get banned cause they multibox the wrong way on the technical level. so it seems logical that that means that all the people who don't get banned do it in w/e technical manner blizz approves off.

i never really looked into it but i always kinda assume that when they press 1 on their keyboard, some programm copies that and sends a 1 to each wow instance. and not something like you press 1 in wow, the programm registers that and sends ht to the remaining wow isntances.

at the end of the day it's mostly a theoretical semantics discussion because there is evidently an allowed way.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Except Blizzard has proven time and time again that they're unwilling to make changes like this since having a high cost of herbs for consumables is one of the only effective ways to combat the stupid amounts of inflation that two expansions worth of mission tables generating absurd amounts of gold have had on the game. This is why I say that a removal of multiboxing will only make the incentive to bot even more appealing. Without multiboxers adding a steady stream of consumable supply into the economy bad faith actors and those who bot will simply gain more control over pricing and costs would quickly spiral out of control into territory where only those who are already sitting on a metric fuckton of gold will be able to afford anything. I really don't see how this is better for the game.

And for the record, yes, I understand inflation is a legitimate problem but outside of inventing a new type of currency to replace gold I doubt we'll be seeing this get fixed any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I never said it did. I said that in the absence of multiboxing, botting is more lucrative because there's more to gain from being able to bot.
    Selling stuff on AH doesn't combat inflation, lol, that's just moving the gold around. Gold sinks does, however - Long boi combats inflation as it removes gold from circulation when players buy it.

If people have to bot to make consumables, then clearly the recipes have to require less of said materials. Blizzard can adjust both spawn rates and requirements to fit into a world without multiboxers or bots to ensure supply of materials. Multibox farming is probably the reason you need so many of each material to craft anything in the first place.

I've been playing WoW since 2005 and only recently took up multiboxing. I've always wondered, as I sat in failing 5 man groups through the years, how well could I perform if I was just in control of every character? I no longer have to wonder, now it's a reality. It's just a different playstyle.

I still have chars [read: classes] I prefer to play solo. There are many facets of the game where multiboxing is not the META. You aren't going to gain a competitive advantage in any high end ranked/difficulty mode.

I've always reasoned away multiboxing as being equal to a squad of players, whatever size the boxer is using, sitting in a voice chat and being commanded to press the same button the leader is using, and following the leader without question. This would be allowed. And it would be effective, obviously more effective than a solo player by himself, or a team of equal size full of lesser skilled players, BUT not as effective as a team of legitimately skilled players that can understand and play the game at the upper end of the skill cap. That team wins, everytime. The multiboxer is limited by being one person, with one set of hands and eyes, trying to micro manage an entire team. A team of players in a multiplayer game. I see no problem with this.

It's really easy to think about in the confines of the current iteration of Classic WoW, where wPvP is a major part of the game. If I was running solo, and saw a group of 5 or 10 players ready to engage in PvP combat, I'd probably turn and try to run. Doesn't matter whether they were all individuals or a group tethered together.

I can however, see the problems relating to hording nodes, etc. But again, it's no different then 5+ people flying around farming together. The multiboxer is paying to duplicate himself, something that is not necessarily something that needs to be removed IMO. He's just hired himself multiple times. Let it ride.

And now a PSA that will surely nullify all my solid arguments. Stop complaining about and reporting everything you see in the game. It's ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronski View Post
    Selling stuff on AH doesn't combat inflation, lol, that's just moving the gold around. Gold sinks does, however - Long boi combats inflation as it removes gold from circulation when players buy it.

If people have to bot to make consumables, then clearly the recipes have to require less of said materials. Blizzard can adjust both spawn rates and requirements to fit into a world without multiboxers or bots to ensure supply of materials. Multibox farming is probably the reason you need so many of each material to craft anything in the first place.
    They could but that would address the symptom not the cause. And since Blizzard has shown zero desire to even so much as address the fact that two expansions worth of mission tables irreversibly fucked over the game's economy far worse than multiboxers ever could, it's unlikely to change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    amd ryzen 5 2600x 1660 nvidia 16gb of ram
    Oh you're fine, you could 5box with that system.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They could but that would address the symptom not the cause. And since Blizzard has shown zero desire to even so much as address the fact that two expansions worth of mission tables irreversibly fucked over the game's economy far worse than multiboxers ever could, it's unlikely to change any time soon.
    did you miss the part where they keep adding very expensive items to the game? there are dozens of items that cost 100k+ gold from a vendor now.
    the gold price of normal mounts also has gone up a lot. and obviously the amount of mission table gold available has been drastically reduced.

what more do you want them to do without interfering with the basic gameplay?

they also recently banned 5.5 billion gold from the economy, so one wonders how much they have banned on bots over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Is grouping an unfair advantage now? Pretty sure it's not.
    I never said grouping was. I was asking you what is the difference between a player controller five toons vs five players controller one toon each in such scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I am not wrong. Blizzard sets the rules, sets what is allowed as i said. They do not set the meaning of words. Allowing cheating doesn't mean it stops being cheating. It's just that. Allowed cheating.
    They set the rules. They set was is permitted in the in the game. If a player is not breaking the rules, is that cheating? They have the advantage. But an advantage is not cheating.

Right. But that isn't one button one action.
    But it is one action, per client. I get what you're saying, in the grand scheme of things there's more than one action occurring as a result of me pressing a button. But the grand scheme doesn't matter, what matters is what is happening on each account.

Yes. Macro's are a form of automation. That is why Blizzard over the years have tweaked addons and macros to limit what can and can not be automated with them. It is why decursive was banned by Blizzard. Its automation was deemed to be bad.
    Decursive wasn't banned https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/decursive. I get what you're saying about automation though, some of it is fine like addons that autosell or autorepair but other automation isn't fine like how World Quest addons could auto invite people in Legion and now in BFA they can't. But Blizz still sees how multiboxers play to be fine and I'm sure they are well aware of players views on it since there's a new Multibox thread every week on the official forums that gets a thousand replies lol.
    My Collection

Oh you're fine, you could 5box with that system.
    Cool might have to give that a shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was. The addon now versus the addon in Classic functions differently. Blizzard removed the API that allowed it to function a certain way which is an effective ban.