Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Is that basically it for customisation options now? There seems to have been little new added for a while.
    No reason to think they are done, given how much time is left and that about a third of the core races still haven't really gotten anything new apart from hairstyles, skin/eye colors, and maybe splitting up previously linked geosets for facial hair or features. I'm assuming that they're trying to get all the races to the same level of customization as night elves, orcs, and tauren, or at least dwarves and trolls.

And they've already said this is an ongoing project that will continue beyond expansion launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    Their armor becomes mostly unbroken if you choose the "fresh" skin option. Their fingers and toes still stick out though
    I believe the "mottled" option permits this as well, as it shows the joints beginning to break down into sinew and ligaments without outright exposing the bones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/void-...ns-shadowlands "We have a tonne of new customization options coming in Shadowlands for almost every race! Here's a quick summary of what we're getting for Void Elves:
    Eye Colours
    Skin Tones
    Hairstyles"

I was wrong about the jewelry stuff though.
    The only new "Hairstyles" are a bald option..I think you've taken the bait Wowhead left. It's not as if VE are getting any of the non-bald hairstyles BEs have.

Eye colors as well are only limited to blue (in terms of sharing). VE aren't getting green/gold options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    I believe the "mottled" option permits this as well, as it shows the joints beginning to break down into sinew and ligaments without outright exposing the bones.
    Yeah, the mottled option keeps the mesh intact. It's driven by texture, so the armor should not be broken up by that either.

I thought humans were popular because of their racial for PVP stuff. I mean I know there's more options now with PVP talents but back in the day there wasn't and a lot of people started their toons back then. I could be wrong....
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I demand troll beards! Blizz has teased us long enough with vol'jin and old loading screen troll! There big chin looks so dumb without hair IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why would Blizzard give the most lore to the least interesting race?
    Ima be real, here, Humans are legit the worst race in every fantasy game. In order to make them less boring to the other races in fantasy genre, they are usually descended from gods, or are "saviors," or are OP, or in this game- descended from vyrkuls (which are better in every aspect), warred with each other until trolls and then orcs, are dumb humans that cant get past medieval times even with gnomes and dwarfs, are the good guys usually always (yes "arthas" and garithos are the blacksheep), are always on the winning sides, and most of their major characters are protected by plot armor.

How are they interesting? They arent. Rather, most are apparently better than our humans of now aday, and this is a "medival society." Rather than that, All the other races are far more compelling, as they are humanized races but FLAWED. Humans are the least interesting race to me in ANY fantasy setting, as they are just roleplaying a "better version of humanity"

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Humans are a cornerstone of every fantasy story, I can't think of a single successful fantasy universe that doesn't have humans in

Your own opinions are one thing and valid, doesn't change the fact clearly many people enjoy playing them and their stories.
    Lets be fair, Humans are a cornerstone of most games for obvious reasons, that doesn't make them really interesting either way.

In general, even people that play humans may not find their lore compelling per se, one of the main attractive point of humans is that we can try to make ourselves (to some extend) -and in general, is easier to identify ourselves with the race-, while with other races is... well... hard to say the least.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2020-08-11 at 01:20 PM.

I think darkspear take short end of the stick with customization. No beards, no bulky ones. Just 3 mediocore-at-best hair styles and weird tatoos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting is completely subjective though

Obviously they wouldn't be included in pretty much every fantasy universe if most people didn't like them however. Clearly the audience is there
    Of course, i mean... we are humans, and many people like to make character that can look more like them and, in general, is way easier to feel more like a Human than like an Orc, cause.. well we are humans, but that have nothing to do with the story.

I may have missed it, but did they finally give trolls shoes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulklas View Post
    No, but i think that some of the boots with 3D models cover the feets

Like whisperwalk boots or X of the chosen dead from ToV -plate, may work with other types not sure-(I just looked it up, there may be more items that also cover the feets of trolls)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2020-08-11 at 06:54 PM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves got separated mustache/beard options today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulklas View Post
    Not really. The 3D parts just hand on their toes.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    They haven't added any new customization stuff in Beta have they? Are they finished? Is something obviously lacking? Like races like night elf have tons of options while Panda's have very limited options.
    Night Elves have less options than Humans, Orcs, Trolls, Undead, and Dwarf. Why does everyone cite Night Elves? Just because they get leaves in their hair?

3 hair styles
    3 skin colours
    3-4 hair colours
    And leaves in the hair
    + male Nelf body tattoos
    Are not LOADS of options.

Stop lying to yourself and everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

OR, humans are the most played race, and the most relatable race - so clearly they aren't the least interesting to most players (though interesting remains a purely subjective thing)
    being most played and most relatable does not an interesting race make. I'm for the Alliance forever and always but I've never created a single human character and never will. They're dull, I play a fantasy game to be fantastical, nothing fantastical about humans. They get the most lore because there are so many and newsflash, but we are human.

Also, where did you get the info that humans are the most played? I would say Blood Elves are the most played.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Khadgar isn't lawful boring? Or are you talking about Illidan, who is in fact, sadly to tell you, not a human.
    Khadgar is not lawful boring at all. What?! He beat Deathwing in a fight, and is the coolest guy in WoD and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I think Nightborne is the only race that is in dire need of new customisation, have you seen how many skintones they have? They got shafted when it came to Allied Race customisation.
    How many skintones? Tell me how many you saw in Suramar? Tell me all the hair colours you saw in Suramar? Unless you want Nightbourne not to be Nightbourne they are pretty fine. Lightforged Draenei basically got light grey or dark grey for skin tones. They only got white or platinum blonde for hair.

You guys screamed so much that Blizzard gave you dark hair on Nightbourne. Did you ever see a dark haired Nightbourne anywhere before that?

Think before you type
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Night Elves have less options than Humans, Orcs, Trolls, Undead, and Dwarf. Why does everyone cite Night Elves? Just because they get leaves in their hair?

3 hair styles
    3 skin colours
    3-4 hair colours
    And leaves in the hair
    + male Nelf body tattoos
    Are not LOADS of options.

Stop lying to yourself and everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

being most played and most relatable does not an interesting race make. I'm for the Alliance forever and always but I've never created a single human character and never will. They're dull, I play a fantasy game to be fantastical, nothing fantastical about humans. They get the most lore because there are so many and newsflash, but we are human.

Also, where did you get the info that humans are the most played? I would say Blood Elves are the most played.
    you forgot about:

Burned face,Scar, Night warrior eyes...... i mean out of all races , Night elfs have biggest chances to make unique face.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Oh noes, because a multi billion company couldn't possibly do both.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't seem anything revolutionary outside of pandering to the "racial diversity" crowd. I mean ok, they added black skin colour, few afro hairstyles and 3 jaw shape variants. Nothing out of the ordinary. Cool that they add them, as long as the SJW crowd doesn't cry "how dare white people make an African Azerothian human this is insulting towards real black people!" etc. etc. (SJWs are weird like that). The options look good, but they're too few imo. Like 2-3 options for black or asian type only.
    The options they've added are ongoing. So there will be more black and Asian influenced styles in the future maybe.

Now onto your points. Firstly, what is an SJW and what is the opposite of that? Are you the opposite of that? Isn't that a bigot?

Secondly, I've not seen anyone say anything like that. In fact, I've seen the opposite with your kind saying, "WTF Blizz? Why you gotta bring diversity into it? Stop pandering to 'diversity' crowd? Black humans, Black Elves, what's next Black Goblins? Virtue signalling Blizz only catering to the SJW!" etc.

Lastly, ew!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    you forgot about:

Burned face,Scar, Night warrior eyes...... i mean out of all races , Night elfs have biggest chances to make unique face.
    The Night warrior eyes aren't a new customisation, they've just been decoupled. The same can be said for most of the "new" customisation in the game.

The faces are the same as they have been for ages. No new faces at all

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    The Night warrior eyes aren't a new customisation, they've just been decoupled. The same can be said for most of the "new" customisation in the game.

The faces are the same as they have been for ages. No new faces at all

Yep , while night warrior eyes isnt new option but still pretty big option if you gonna compare changes made to Worgens (that got more changes for their human form than their Worgen part which is silly).

I would like to see more of these unique options , horns for worgens and night elfs ,tattoos and furr paterns, option to have 4 toes on worgen leg and as bonus custom option for claws and unarmed transmog.

But we have night elfs with .... all cool things , meanwhile worgens with only eyes of rainbow color. (tattoo?claws?body jewelry? bald non-furr option where all of it?)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2020-08-12 at 02:01 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.