Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Thumbs up Who's looking forward to the Scourge event?

I will teabag your corpse with my master ghoul, i'll farm your corpse for a month straight.

I'll have my red bull drinks ready and my toothpicks for my eyes so i don't fall asleep.
    Last edited by thewrath; 2020-08-12 at 05:09 PM.

I'm looking forward to lurking mmo-champion and the official forums when the event goes live.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

If i can bypass this ghoul thing by not going into the capital cities and still get to do every other part of the pre expansion event, im fine.

I didn't care for it 10 years ago and I don't really care about the rehash this time around. I will only do it for the achievments, titles or mogs - unless they involve pvp grinding, then I go with my patented "idgaf about shit that ain't giving me fun" approach .

I also don't spend time in the capitals anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I am greatly looking forward to it.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Why is it scourge? It just doesn't make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Lich king crown gone = scourge that is now loose.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    So lazy, hoped we would get something major, since no 8.3.5.
    But no a reused event and reused zones. Gonna avoid it as the Plague (pun intended).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    So lazy, hoped we would get something major, since no 8.3.5.
    But no a reused event and reused zones. Gonna avoid it as the Plague (pun intended).
    "Reused zones"

Wh...what prepatch had new zones?
    Also you know there is MORE then just the zombie infestation right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm down for the PvE portion of the event. The zombie invasion portion doesn't interest me any, but all it means is delaying alt leveling for a few weeks or picking some of the less-popular expansions to level through--or just sticking around in the phased starting zones for those races that have 'em and leveling off gathering until the coast is clear. On my soon-to-be-50s, I can fly high enough to keep out of range of any zombies in between doing the invasion stuff in Northrend.

I hope everyone who enjoys the zombie aspect has fun, I'll do my thing and y'all do your thing. That's the big difference between now and pre-LK; we've got multiple continents we can hit up and even on heavily-populated servers, the odds of every expansion continent being overwhelmed are extremely low. I imagine the more popular ones like Outland, Northrend, EK/Kalimdor, and Kul'Tiras/Zandalar will be bloodbaths, but Broken Isles, Draenor, and Pandaria are more likely than not going to be reasonably safe to level in.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Lich king crown gone = scourge that is now loose.
    Yeah but like... it's an event for a new expansion and they are using shit from 10 years ago. Not very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    it makes a whole lot of sense. The reason why bolvar became the lick king was because "There must always be a Lich King, for if there is not the Scourge will overrun everything. Cutting the head off doesn't work when the body won't die." Bolvar took the crown so he could control the scourge and keep them from attacking innocents. Now the crown is broken and the scourge starts to roam free. Free of control

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I wasn't there for WotLK Scourge event, so let's what's this fuss all about.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm gonna have my fun with it for a day or two and then it's going to be boring, so I'll just not play the rest of the week. It's prepatch and I already know what char I'm going to play in SL, so there isn't really going to be that much to do anyway.

People who complain about not being able to do stuff in pre-patch are way too uptight. Nothing that you do in pre-patch matters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Reused zones"

Wh...what prepatch had new zones?
    Also you know there is MORE then just the zombie infestation right?
    You need some comprehensive reading.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited. Considering actually taking time off work for it. It doesn't look quite the same as the LK event (have to die to infect vs. infecting with abilities unless I read that wrong) - but should be mass chaos nonetheless. The LK event was still one of my favorite "moments" in game to date.

Based on what is available it looks like a thin redo of what they already did at Wrath launch, not very creative or interesting if you were there for the original.

I hope to be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    eople who complain about not being able to do stuff in pre-patch are way too uptight. Nothing that you do in pre-patch matters.
    I'd argue this one is on the more important side, just due to the amount of systems changes we're walking into. WoD's was important for similar reasons due to the pruning and item level squish, but this time around we're working with a stat/ilvl squish and a hard level squish. This is also when the masses get their hands on this stuff, since I'd wager the vast majority of players don't visit the PTR.

I'm uncertain about the timing on the zombie invasion event in the middle of trying to learn one's way around the new systems changes, which is what prepatch is for, but it's also only for a few weeks and Blizz has weathered that storm before. I'm also thinking the sheer variety of zones available via Chromie Time will help minimize outrage since you'll always have another half-dozen expansion continents to pick from if yours is overrun.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

3+ Year Old Account
    Not really. It's very hard to stay alive, especially with the Zerg Rush of Ghouls. I was too young to experiance the original event, so it's kind of interesting, but still annoying

*cough* Dalaran *cough*
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'm excited for it. I missed out on it the first time since I started seriously playing midway through Wrath. Thematically it makes sense so the "rehashed' complaint seems silly. I'm just ready to get far away from BFA