Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Thats not creative thinking tho... its simply being slave to entitled subscribers-thinking and no dev should ever do that.

Creative thinking would be to make a new kind of event that we have never seen before, not simply add a new parameter to an old one.
    It isn't being a slave. You still get your precious scourge event. Being a slave to entitle subscribers is doing what they are doing now. Forcing everyone to play your way. My proposal would allow EVERYONE to play their own way. That means more people playing the game. Too bad Blizzard is not smart enough to do something that makes everyone happy and allows for choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Infestation
    It lasted 5 days.
    Day 1 through 4 (and a half) it wasent really bad at all. day 5 (4 and a half) is when it got really bad and at that point everyone complained and blizz decided to cut it the next day instead of a while later like they intended (seemignly a few more days)
    Thanks. A lot more concise that what I tried to say out of my fuzzy memory but basically the same.

I'm not taking issue with people not liking it. Just comments suggesting they couldn't play for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Ah, the event that'll remind blizzard that this community is too delicate to have any kind of disruption in their mmo.

Glad to see it back, it's a nice compromise that it's limited to capital cities (from what I understand).
    Yeah, god forbid people can't just avoid all gameplay in a video game. The horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    For the third time, it's "play the game the way the game is implemented or leave."
    But that is the way you want it. If all you care about is having the Scourge event, then you should have no issue with my proposal. But your entitlement because of griefing tells me otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Yeah, god forbid people can't just avoid all gameplay in a video game. The horror!
    God forbid people have the choice to play or not. You know, what they have with everything else in the game. The horror!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the event that'll remind blizzard that this community is too delicate to have any kind of disruption in their mmo.

Glad to see it back, it's a nice compromise that it's limited to capital cities (from what I understand).
    God forbid people have the choice to do something or not like they have everywhere else in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But that is the way you want it. If all you care about is having the Scourge event, then you should have no issue with my proposal. But your entitlement because of griefing tells me otherwise.
    Judging by your posts, I don't think you even know what entitlement actually means.

Yes, how the game is currently implemented is the way I want it. That doesn't mean I'm entitled about it, lol. The entitlement is thinking you deserve the game to be changed to meet your own special needs, which you are currently doing.

There is plenty of things in the game that I don't agree with, but I don't for a second think I deserve them to change the game for me. Again, that's only what entitled people think (you).

Honestly kind of surprised we're doing Scourge invasion a THIRD time. It was fun and all, but... well, it seems like kind of a "time and place" thing.

I suppose Blizzard's probably just trying to conserve resources, though. It's clear that WoW doesn't have unlimited resources anymore, so I can respect that a pre-expansion isn't THAT important. Still, it's a bit underwhelming.

I wonder if they'll at least have any interesting cosmetics? Would be nice if they maybe brought back some of the Naxx-40 items to purchase with those Argent Dawn tokens.

Or what would've been *REALLY* cool -- although clearly too late now -- would've be maybe a DK cosmetic glyph to unlock, something that changes your Ghoul or something.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Have you even been on PTR or are you just saying stuff that makes no sense?
    They kill quest mobs (IN A PREPATCH ABOUT LEVEL REVAMP)
    They one shot low lvl people
    THEY LAG THE GAME TO UNPLAYABLE LEVELS
    Its more than killing AH npcs. WAY MORE and its WAY MORE than a mild inconveinance. You literally cant do anything. All it takes is someone one in zombie form to run (at 100% speed that dispells snares btw) into a leveling hub IN A LVLING REVAMP to ruin that whole hub.
    On top of that there is a timer for after being infected MEANING you can be INFECTED and PORTAL to another city and destory that one.
    This even is stupid and completely ruins the game in a prepatch about lvl revamp.
    It didn't happen like this in vanilla. The ghoul transformation stuff was the WotLK pre-patch event.

It isn't. You can take it anywhere you want. The Void Elf starting zone was a mess for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Seeing this copy paste job,

yeah.. not going to buying shadow lands...

Bye blizzard
    Whatever you say, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So I should be locked out of every city for a month or so for not enjoying one event? You can't just "not go" to them, they have pretty important uses.
    Then unsub for the prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by shade076 View Post
    Then unsub for the prepatch
    But why not just have a toggle and keep the subs of people that would quit over it? It wouldn't affect those that want to do this part of the event.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

because it just was so fucking fun 12 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honestly kind of surprised we're doing Scourge invasion a THIRD time. It was fun and all, but... well, it seems like kind of a "time and place" thing.

I suppose Blizzard's probably just trying to conserve resources, though. It's clear that WoW doesn't have unlimited resources anymore, so I can respect that a pre-expansion isn't THAT important. Still, it's a bit underwhelming.

I wonder if they'll at least have any interesting cosmetics? Would be nice if they maybe brought back some of the Naxx-40 items to purchase with those Argent Dawn tokens.

Or what would've been *REALLY* cool -- although clearly too late now -- would've be maybe a DK cosmetic glyph to unlock, something that changes your Ghoul or something.
    This is how I kind of feel about the event, yea its nice to see it again, especially for players who maybe this is their first time doing the event but at the same time we have done this song and dance before. Depending on how interesting the class changes are I may resub early or just wait a week or so before launch to resub. The event seems fine, I don't hate it but atm I don't think there is enough reason to resub once prepatch becomes official.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But why not just have a toggle and keep the subs of people that would quit over it? It wouldn't affect those that want to do this part of the event.
    But it would because they can't grief people and make them angry. That is the only reason they like the event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    is this the event that gave a special set reward?
    i think it was phase 2 or something. its been a while but i recall fighting mobs by nerubian crystals in rando places like burning steepes for example and got that undead slaying set.

on topic: this was fun i dunno why so many ppl hate it. the first time i came across the zombies in a great horde was landing at isle of queldanas for my dailies and the coastline behind magisters terrace had swarms of player zombies just massacring ppl. at first i was sorta confused cuz i thought ppl were only doing this in starter zones but that confusion changed very quickly to complete devastation and then phased into total hilarity as i got zerg mashed by like 20 ghouls.

just join in on the fun man. its a creative game of chicken.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2020-08-12 at 07:14 PM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I'm sure this won't at all be abused and used by people to grief others and be total shitbags...
    People seem to like WPvP so, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It isn't. You can take it anywhere you want. The Void Elf starting zone was a mess for that reason.
    Ah, thanks. I guess it's just the wording on the post that confused me. Even still, I like the event and it's only a month.

NO it wasn't. You only think it is fun because you only did it to grief others who did not want to partake. All they have to do is put in a toggle and lets those thst do not wish to partake to opt out. They even have sharding that they can to put all those that opt in to one place where they can do the event to their heart's content while those that do not wish to partake have thei rown shard. Everybody wins. Except the griefers.
    I never griefed a single person. Not once. Do not even try to justify how dumb your comment was.

I liked it because it was a great event and it wss fun.

Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it would because they can't grief people and make them angry. That is the only reason they like the event.
    not entirely true. i never took part in those grief squads just learnt how to avoid them or join groups that would try to focus fire those hit squads. some you won most you lost. but i still enjoyed it.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    not entirely true. i never took part in those grief squads just learnt how to avoid them or join groups that would try to focus fire those hit squads. some you won most you lost. but i still enjoyed it.
    Whoa, actually grouping up and figuring out ways to handle the gameplay being given to you instead of just trying to avoid it? In an MMO? Can't be having that!