10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    That link sent me nowhere. But also his links had nothing to do with actually being kidnapped and suing the government, just people fil;ing against the givernment, no actual kidnapping lawsuits.
    It was linked in the first paragraph of the OPB article.
    The Western States Center, the First Unitarian Church of Portland, two state representatives and an ACLU legal observer are listed as plaintiffs in the lawsuit, which alleges the federal government has violated protesters' 10th Amendment rights. It was filed Tuesday in federal court.
    First Unitarian is hesitant to encourage its congregants to protest even though such protesting is peaceful, because defendants’ unconstitutional targeting of peaceful protestors increases both the risk of bodily harm to congregants and the likelihood of the church’s civil liability to congregants who are injured or traumatized in the course of abduction by federal law enforcement. Through their unconstitutional overreach into general policing, defendants have thwarted First Unitarian’s pursuit of social activism as a tenet of faith.
    Abduction is used in some states to refer to kidnapping.

Another lawsuit
    Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum, insists that the federal tactics make it impossible for detained citizens to know whether they are being lawfully arrested or are instead the victims of a crime. “Ordinarily, a person exercising his right to walk through the streets of Portland who is confronted by anonymous men in military-type fatigues and ordered into an unmarked van can reasonably assume that he is being kidnapped,” the lawsuit states.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...sters-1032174/

Of course, filing a lawsuit doesn't really mean anything and the Judge rejected it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump is responsible for the United States' failure to address the pandemic:

-Donald J. Trump

It's laughable how you're still confused about this one basic point. Trump has already told us that he has failed as a leader. Or is Trump a liar?
    So you can't prove me a liar today and you are now assuming that Trump leads all levels of government. The house, the senate, every state senate and house, they should just all quit because he runs everything now. You're a piece of work. You babble and babble and today won't back up anything you say. Fuck off until you provide links that I lied about Cuomo, keep dodging it like a democrat does every day. All you have to do is admit..I know it is hard, admit you are wrong.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-08-12 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on you to show me how I lied about Cuomo and the nursing homes. Prove me wrong. You post so many times about facts and logic but for some reason do not want to back this one up. You called me a liar with false link and then won't back it. I will not care until you back up your bold claims.
    You were right about Cuomo making a bad call regarding nursing homes at the onset of the pandemic. Given that, can you post any link showing states refusing Trump's help. Because I'm sincerely curious about that situation. It was my understanding that Trump was actually taking supplies from some states (Link).

I remember when I said politico posted Harris would be the VP pick with quotes from Joe Biden over a week ago. Then they took it down. You called me a liar and would not investigate it yourself. Again you called me a liar with false links, prove me wrong.
    That was someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

So you can't prove me a liar today and you are now assuming that Trump leads all levels of government. The house, the senate, every state senate and house, they should just all quit because he runs everything now. You're a piece of work. You babble and babble and today won't back up anything you say. Fuck off until you provide links that I lied about Cuomo, keep dodging it like a democrat does every day. All you have to do is admit..I know it is hard, admit you are wrong.
    See above.

Trump is still responsible for the United States' failure in addressing the pandemic. Not sure how you can argue with his own words:
    -Donald J. Trump

These are my 2 favorite parts. First she was on top, so again, I am proven correct--by you.
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/

Harris has never led the polling pack, so I have no idea where you concocted this nonsense.

Secondly, you say geographic location was not presumably why she was picked, but you give no reason to pick her. What's the point then, why even bother posting it if you give no rebuttal?
    Just because I don't know all the reasons she was chosen doesn't mean that some random assumption you pulled out of your ass has any validity or weight.

I'm saying "we don't know", and we don't. And that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    It was linked in the first paragraph of the OPB article.

Abduction is used in some states to refer to kidnapping.

Another lawsuit

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...sters-1032174/

Of course, filing a lawsuit doesn't really mean anything and the Judge rejected it.
    okay, Ill make this easy for you since it is seeming hard. Can you link a specific person who has filed a lawsuit about being kidnapped by the government. The stuff you posted is not a specific person, it is overarching. Can you link someone who was actually kidnapped and sued the government for it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/

Harris has never led the polling pack, so I have no idea where you concocted this nonsense.

Just because I don't know all the reasons she was chosen doesn't mean that some random assumption you pulled out of your ass has any validity or weight.

I'm saying "we don't know", and we don't. And that's fine.
    Can you give me a reason other then she was black and female? I doubt anyone can.

Can you give me a reason other then she was black and female? I doubt anyone can.
    Specifically? I mean, I could throw out plenty of reasons but I wouldn't know if that's why the Biden campaign chose her.

It's hardly as if the Democratic party has the same problem as the Republican party when it comes to having diversity to choose from in their elected/nominated officials. Lack of diversity is a uniquely Republican problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    okay, Ill make this easy for you since it is seeming hard. Can you link a specific person who has filed a lawsuit about being kidnapped by the government. The stuff you posted is not a specific person, it is overarching. Can you link someone who was actually kidnapped and sued the government for it?
    It was in the lawsuit if you read it, but I'll make it easy for you since it seems hard for you.

DECLARATION OF MARK PETTIBONE IN SUPPORT OF ROSENBLUM'S MOTION FOR A TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER AND PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION

In one widely reported incident, in the early hours of Wednesday, July 15, Mark Pettibone alleges that he was confronted by armed men dressed in camouflage who took him off the street, pushed him into a van, and drove him through downtown until unloading him into a building, which is believed to have been the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse.

Again that was not what the order was about.
    It was a minor argument as part of fight against the release that was then squashed by the ACTUAL Kamala Harris.
    You are taking the smallest morsel of a story and making it out to be a huge Kamala problem when if anything its the total opposite since she squashed it the second she found out her office was actually doing that.

You have a problem with her correcting the wrong that occurred?

"Kamala Harris held convicts behind bars on the pretexts of ensuring profitability and labor out of them."

" Lawyers for Attorney General Kamala Harris ....."

California AG "Shocked" To Learn Her Office Wanted To Keep Eligible Parolees In Jail To Work
    "I was very troubled by what I read. I just need to find out what did we actually say in court."
    She looked into it and directed the department’s attorneys not to make that argument again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Kamala Harris was picked because she is a bloodless ghoul, favored by Silicon Valley, the NGO world and is the perfect extension of the Obama legacy. Adolph Reed, Jr. Describes the rise of Obama Back in 1996 - The Village Voice:
    what's next are you going to claim soros hand picked her?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You were right about Cuomo making a bad call regarding nursing homes at the onset of the pandemic. Given that, can you post any link showing states refusing Trump's help. Because I'm sincerely curious about that situation. It was my understanding that Trump was actually taking supplies from some states (Link).
    Let me get this straight...I did not lie but you repeatedly called me a liar about it. You are not sincerely anything or you would not have posted 5 times before admitting you were wrong.

Did he pick her already - must have missed that. Or is this just more of your lies? Let us know which - ignorant or liar, your choice.

I love, also, that you don't understand even the basics of politics. They were enemies during the Primary, and now they are not, because...wait for it...we all have a common enemy, and we're all adult enough to come together and battle him. In case you forgot, that enemy the guy who recommended, and then doubled down, on drinking bleach to cure a virus. He's also your dear leader, the one who tells you want to believe.

But please, go on about busing from 30 years ago...it's adorable.

That was some other cubby? post 8512 if you need to go look.

I'm done here. You call me a liar then don't back up shit you spew. Then pretend you don't say something. You are very dishonest. I had to tell you 4 times to prove me wrong when you knew you were wrong and would not admit. You whiners always want links, I provided them and you DISHONESTLY ignored them and kept calling me a liar. Because you had no argument and you resorted to name calling. You are dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Specifically? I mean, I could throw out plenty of reasons but I wouldn't know if that's why the Biden campaign chose her.

It's hardly as if the Democratic party has the same problem as the Republican party when it comes to having diversity to choose from in their elected/nominated officials. Lack of diversity is a uniquely Republican problem.
    so no? 10 char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    It was in the lawsuit if you read it, but I'll make it easy for you since it seems hard for you.
    Again, he supported an injunction, did he sue the government for abduction or kidnapping?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Again ...

"Most of those prisoners now work as groundskeepers, janitors and in prison kitchens, with wages that range from 8 cents to 37 cents per hour. Lawyers for Attorney General Kamala Harris had argued in court that if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important labor pool."

I can only help you understand this so much. Her reacting after the fact and having to be harassed to reverse course doesn't change anything. As Tulsi rightly eviscerated her for and put into better words than I could:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

"Most of those prisoners now work as groundskeepers, janitors and in prison kitchens, with wages that range from 8 cents to 37 cents per hour. Lawyers for Attorney General Kamala Harris had argued in court that if forced to release these inmates early, prisons would lose an important labor pool."

I can only help you understand this so much. Her reacting after the fact and having to be harassed to reverse course doesn't change anything. As Tulsi rightly eviscerated her for and put into better words than I could:
    Let's not forget that the supreme court tried to force the state of California to release overcrowded prisons and she refused. The other courts recommended the release of 5000 Non violent offenders and she refused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, he supported an injunction, did he sue the government for abduction or kidnapping?
    Yes, that's literally what the lawsuit was about. Unlawful and unreasonable seizure without a warrant. Again, read it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me get this straight...I did not lie but you repeatedly called me a liar about it. You are not sincerely anything or you would not have posted 5 times before admitting you were wrong.
    No, you did lie, several times, you were just right about the Cuomo thing. I'm just being intellectually honest here, something you could try for a change. Have you ever admitted being wrong when you were, on these forums?

That was some other cubby? post 8512 if you need to go look.

I'm done here. You call me a liar then don't back up shit you spew. Then pretend you don't say something. You are very dishonest. I had to tell you 4 times to prove me wrong when you knew you were wrong and would not admit. You whiners always want links, I provided them and you DISHONESTLY ignored them and kept calling me a liar. Because you had no argument and you resorted to name calling. You are dishonest.
    Ah, no - that was me - apologies. I didn't remember it. My bad.

Odd that you can't post anything about states refusing Trump's help. I'm fine with admitting my error, so if you have them, I would think you'd be itching to post it. I wonder why you aren't.

she
    fixed
    the
    problem as soon as she found out about it.

it wasn't her stance, her order, her belief, etc etc. But some reason you left that part out, and keep doing it. I wonder why?

Harrassed? You making things up now?

i mean it not hard understanding the difference between lawyers who worked the case and Kamala who was not involved, is it?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

She basically said he's a racist and she believed the #metoo accusations against him. Now she's OK with being his VP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    She basically said he's a racist and she believed the #metoo accusations against him. Now she's OK with being his VP?
    Indeed.

Kinda draws a sharp contrast between Biden and Trump, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Cuomo actually saying it was not a mistake to send sick people to nursing homes.

You are delusional. I linked a source showing where Cuomo took sick people from hospitals and put them in nursing homes, it is a FACT. You can not and have not proven this wrong, yet repeatedly call me a liar. How am I lying whne i post links and you have...your words. Show me how the links are false and a lies Quit bloviating and fucking show me. Show me your facts and logic when it comes to reading comprehension and what Cuomo did. Show me I am Lying and my links are false.
    The lie is the perpetual myth made by conservatives that Cuomo was to blame for this. It was, in fact, Trump's refusal to allow the Javits conversion sooner, or send the medical ships up north faster, or help NY in general, because of politicking by his piece of shit son in law Kushner, that led directly to the nursing home crisis. Trump wanted to punish Dems who spoke out against him, and Cuomo was target number one. And he succeeded with that, and for that, it becomes #1224 on the pile of "things Trump should have been impeached for."

Cuomo literally had no other option, and at the same time mandated some strict protocols in those nursing homes......which nevertheless couldn't stop the spread of COVID in those nursing homes.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://apnews.com/5ebc0ad45b73a899efa81f098330204c

Here's a link to an associated press article about it. Are they false and lying about it?
    And the coup de grace

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...ke/3243385001/

Cuomo actually saying it was not a mistake to send sick people to nursing homes.

You are delusional. I linked a source showing where Cuomo took sick people from hospitals and put them in nursing homes, it is a FACT. You can not and have not proven this wrong, yet repeatedly call me a liar. How am I lying whne i post links and you have...your words. Show me how the links are false and a lies Quit bloviating and fucking show me. Show me your facts and logic when it comes to reading comprehension and what Cuomo did. Show me I am Lying and my links are false.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The lie is the perpetual myth made by conservatives that Cuomo was to blame for this. It was, in fact, Trump's refusal to allow the Javits conversion sooner, or send the medical ships up north faster, or help NY in general, because of politicking by his piece of shit son in law Kushner, that led directly to the nursing home crisis. Trump wanted to punish Dems who spoke out against him, and Cuomo was target number one. And he succeeded with that, and for that, it becomes #1224 on the pile of "things Trump should have been impeached for."

Cuomo literally had no other option, and at the same time mandated some strict protocols in those nursing homes......which nevertheless couldn't stop the spread of COVID in those nursing homes.
    Shoot, guess I was wrong about you not lying - or atn least not providing all the facts. Seems like that's the only way you can chalk up wins nowadays. At least I tried to believe you, does that count.

Oh, hey - now that you're back to 0/100 on factual statements, can we get those links to states refusing Trump's help?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget that the supreme court tried to force the state of California to release overcrowded prisons and she refused. The other courts recommended the release of 5000 Non violent offenders and she refused.
    Watching the neck snapping speed on which Democrat brand fans toss that ACAB/BLM stuff out the window or try and forgive her record which blatantly contradicts that stuff is going to be the greatest part of this election season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

- - - Updated - - -

She was picked because in the General Election you never appeal to the base of your party, but the moderate middle. She's tough, intelligent, fierce, young (important with an older person on the top of the ticket), ready to be POTUS now if the need arises, and eviscerates Republicans in committee hearings. She held back most of the debates because the Dems had this unsaid rule to not tear each other to pieces like the 2016 GOP primaries, but I imagine her debate with Pence will be a fucking bloodbath.

And, because the pick is to appeal to a moderate center, she's a "law & order" Democrat who won't be easy to attack from the right because that's what they supposedly believe in too, and attacking her for it can be easily turned around as hypocrisy. As you can see already, as their initial attacks have been to paint her as a "Radical Leftist" which is fucking lolworthy and so transparently wrong that it should play in the Dems favor when Independent voters see right through it.