Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's new in Shadowlands?

Nothing, that's what. Very disappointed in the lack of changes to Hunters. I've lost hope that anything else will be done. Time to consider other classes. Any suggestions on what classes will actually be fun to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    We... ermm... got new pets options!

When it comes to mechanic, i only saw some minor changes to BM that don't really change the Playstyle just make some useless talents more useful, MM i don't know much, i have heard different opinions, some say is worse, some say is better, who knows. (I also heard that mechanic wise is weird, cause when you get the free Arcane shot buff, you will most likely not want to use it cause you got better things to do, so you have that annoying icon in your face telling you to use arcane shot but you are better not using it)

Survival well... just got damage boosts, and playstyle is basically the same, the only difference is you have 2 extra bottoms, one being Hunter's mark (i hate it) is basically just a bottom you will want to use everytime you start a fight, and Kill shot, that well is a finisher, is nice.

Well, my Warlock and Rogue alts seem to have a TON of utility. So if their dps is decent I'll probably main one of them, after 15 years as a Hunter.

More...more....more, more ma more more!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can tame rams after 15 years what more could you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You can tame rams after 15 years what more could you want?
    And we can't even use em since they are the wrong family...

for you? nothing!

No soup for you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Hunters are in a fine place in BFA imo, what do they need? Kill shot is nice - I just wish we had survival ranged back but it's not likely to happen. Those 3 players love their spear

- - - Updated - - -

Cloud serpents and undead pets are pretty cool as well
    Well, to be honest, BM feels boring as hell, nothing significant has changed. MM is still clunky. And melee SV is a niche nobody asked for that suffers when compared to almost any other melee spec's dps and utility. So, I'm glad you're happy, I was hoping for more for my money, not just another year of BFA with different scenery.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkblood View Post
    And we can't even use em since they are the wrong family...
    Who cares about family’s it’s a ram the thing I and by my massive projection every other hunter who has ever played any game ever has been waiting for!

Seems like MM is getting some more tiny changes.
    No idea how important it will be, but at least Rapid Fire will be slightly less infuriating to use and we can ignore Arcane shot if we pick the Chimaera shot talent, which I suspect will make it important enough that questions will be raised over why it isnt just baseline, potentially finally completing the circle and returning Chimaera shot to MM where it once belonged.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be so much better if Arcane shot replaced steady shot instead. then chimera shot could return as baseline.

If that happened i wouldnt be that bothered with trick shots 3+ targets thing.

All in all, idk how i feel about the changes, for sure i dont like he increased focus on our spenders and less regen from rapid fire.

On the other hand, i like the new dot thing, i think it will open the first two options at the start of the tier and then when we have gear, pick the dot crit thing. I also like the new streamline as well, with a pseudo in the rhythm backed into it.

So eh, sadlly im nt in beta, so idk how well those changes will play out x.x

But one thing i hope for, with the increased cost changes, the specs dont turn into a steady shot spam.
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2020-08-11 at 08:54 PM.

Seems like you just have to whine enough for Blizz to hear you

MM getting a buff is good.

Hunter's Mark... existing... is bad.

They reverted the Revive Pet cast time increase, which is good.

Survival is still the red-headed stepchild of specs, forming a club with Subtlety Rogues to fantasize about what it must be like to be loved, appreciated, or even just acknowledged.

To be fair, though, hunter on the whole isn't really in need of a lot of work. There's definitely things that can be approved, but compared to some other specs in BFA (like e.g. Shadow Priest) they aren't really in a spot where mechanics would need a major overhaul.

I do like kill shot. Good unprune, it's a fun button to press.

Hate hunter's mark obviously.

Agree shadow needed a lot more work. It's the only priest DPS spec and I really, really hated playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Hunters are in a fine place in BFA imo, what do they need? Kill shot is nice - I just wish we had survival ranged back but it's not likely to happen. Those 3 players love their spear

- - - Updated - - -

Cloud serpents and undead pets are pretty cool as well
    For marksman what do they need? Maybe for their main cast (aimed shot) to be usable while moving.

From leveling up on the beta, all of the hunter specs play really well. Having kill shot/hunters mark (not everyone) and tranq shot back are nice, even though tranq and killshot require just polearms to use for SV and I'm lvling with a staff :/ While leveling, I do not feel the need or even notice if i dont put hunters mark up so you dont need it on every single pull.

SV plays the same as BFA, does pretty good dmg and has a good bit of utility. I must be one of the 3 people that enjoy playing this spec.

BM also plays the same as BFA. pretty dull rotation but youre able to spam abilities at range because BM has no cast time spells.

MM is fun and aimed shot actually hits hard again. (I agree with Bennett that having charges on aimed shot while also having it cost focus is a little... redundant, maybe just so our pve rotation isnt spam aimed shot/steady shot?). MM also has lots of viable talents that change up the playstyle a good bit. Explosive shot into aimed shots do a since bit of burst. Volley is actually a ton of ST dmg as well and forces melee to leave you alone unless they want to die in it for pvp.

I would like to see the og chimera shot back, hard hitting instant that cleaves to 1 extra target and has a 20-45 sec cd. Id also like to see more options for the focus builder part of MM. Get rid of steady focus and maybe give an option that just lets steady generate more focus so we aren't spamming it and give another option like quick shot that would replace rapid fire or steady shot to give MM a instant small generator playstyle.

I think having a hard hitting multishot option would be good too (feels like classic multishot or legion marked shot) maybe have it be something like rogue shuriken storm "focus intently for 1.5 sec then release a well placed shot to all targets within X yds of your target." And if I'm making suggestions, scatter and trap not sharing a DR would be cool. Like how it worked for the longest time. SV/BM get 5 sec stun (1min cd)/trap as utility so MM getting a 3 sec disorient (30 sec cd and 20 yd range)/trap is a pretty even trade in my opinion. And for good measure, making our counter shot as ranged interrupt for as long as the other 24 sec cd ranged interrupts would be very cool as well.

But all in all, Hunters are feeling very fun in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Flantini View Post
    SV plays the same as BFA, does pretty good dmg and has a good bit of utility. I must be one of the 3 people that enjoy playing this spec.
    Survival is a ton of fun to play. I think the problem is people didn't roll hunters to play melee. If it was a rogue spec I'd be all over it, but I'm not gonna sacrifice range on my hunter.

There really is no solution to that problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elegon is going to be tamable as a Spirit Beast.

It's such a weird feeling, I have mained Hunter for so long, and the only reason that I am still thinking of playing it is because it is convenient.

It is convenient to just send your pet as BM and kill a bunch of mobs while moving around. But it is boring.

SV is a no-go, it is 100% dead to 99.9% of hunters. It does not matter how it plays, the Hunter's "logo" is literally a bow. Hunter is a ranged spec and it was a massive mistake to change that.

Lastly, MM plays ok-ish but nothing exciting.

I wish they would try to change it. I don't know how, but it would be so nice to be happy to play my Hunter again.

Maybe I should reroll, but then I lose that convenience that my Hunter has brought for many years. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It's such a weird feeling, I have mained Hunter for so long, and the only reason that I am still thinking of playing it is because it is convenient.

It is convenient to just send your pet as BM and kill a bunch of mobs while moving around. But it is boring.

SV is a no-go, it is 100% dead to 99.9% of hunters. It does not matter how it plays, the Hunter's "logo" is literally a bow. Hunter is a ranged spec and it was a massive mistake to change that.

Lastly, MM plays ok-ish but nothing exciting.

I wish they would try to change it. I don't know how, but it would be so nice to be happy to play my Hunter again.

Maybe I should reroll, but then I lose that convenience that my Hunter has brought for many years. It's weird.
    I feel like they don't necessarily need to change much as I've noticed I'm not alone in feeling like they should remove Rapid Fire and make Chimera Shot baseline and hard hitting like it used to, that alone would make my interest of the Hunter class alongside the Covenants skyrocket yet again, I too am looking to feel happy about playing Hunter again as in the past after feeling stuck playing BM for the majority of BfA which is fine don't get me wrong but after a full expansion of the same old spec it does feel a bit boring eventually